PDA

View Full Version : IJ Ready

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Give the man his due he went off in the 2nd half last night. Ready finished with 25 points and 6 assists. Howland & Newman have done wonders for IJ. Ware was phenomenal last night too. 26 points 13 boards. We scored 106 points without our best offensive player. We shot 62% field goals for the game. Whole team looked fast and confident. This is almost the exact same lineup that scored 47 points vs Tennessee after attempting 44 free throws. Ben Howland is the man!

msstate7
11-14-2015, 11:20 AM
If IJ wasn't such a defensive liability, he'd be really good. His defense pulls his value down though

CarolinaDawgs
11-14-2015, 11:27 AM
I like IJ a lot... Been on him since he came out of Little Rock. I think that if he would use his speed to his advantage all the time and not just when he thinks necessary..

I HATE how he sits out there and dribbles though.. the most stagnant thing a point guard can do...

Fake a pass to make a pass and move your ass.. don't stand there and dribble.

CarolinaDawgs
11-14-2015, 11:33 AM
I like IJ a lot... Been on him since he came out of Little Rock. I think that if he would use his speed to his advantage all the time and not just when he thinks necessary..

I HATE how he sits out there and dribbles though.. the most stagnant thing a point guard can do...

Fake a pass to make a pass and move your ass.. don't stand there and dribble.

BUT he played one hell of a game. Good Kid raised right and plays hard. nothing more you can ask for.

RougeDawg
11-14-2015, 11:43 AM
He looked like a different player last night. Going to be fun to watch when we get back to full strength.

tcdog70
11-14-2015, 11:48 AM
He can't stop dribble penetration. He will be better at the two.

SDDawg
11-14-2015, 11:48 AM
IJ stayed in control last night better than I've seen him. A few times they weren't set correctly, instead of forcing something he took his time. But when there was an opportunity to press, he did. Very impressed with him offensively. Defensively, he'll have to play better than that but with the minutes he's going to get (much fewer than last time over the season) I think he'll be a great asset for us.

Coach34
11-14-2015, 11:53 AM
IJ played great offensively- he is ******* awful on D

CarolinaDawgs
11-14-2015, 12:06 PM
IJ played great offensively- he is ******* awful on D

#5 for EWU hit him with a crossover that I thought actually harvested his soul/made him into a double amputee.

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 12:22 PM
He can't stop dribble penetration. He will be better at the two.

He's way too short to play the two

Political Hack
11-14-2015, 12:35 PM
If IJ wasn't such a defensive liability, he'd be really good. His defense pulls his value down though

Agree. We need to go zone when he's in the game. I think we're gonna have to switch a lot between zone and man depending on who's in the game. If we can steal som minutes with IJ and Ndoye in the game by the zone, it'll help give Ware, Newman, and Zupp much needed rest.

Howland made some great adjustments in the 2nd half last night. We've got a coach fellas!!!

tcdog70
11-14-2015, 01:18 PM
He's way too short to play the two

He sucks on D and if he wants to play it will be at the 2 when Newman plays.

TopDog58
11-14-2015, 01:25 PM
I didnt get to see the game but i did follow the thread some. I saw early on that some were complaining about turnovers but box said we finished with 13. Odd stat that popped out at me is how do you score 106 points and finish with only 14 assists?

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 01:29 PM
He sucks on D and if he wants to play it will be at the 2 when Newman plays.

Ready is the backup PG. He is 5'8. Nobody in the history of basketball plays the 2 when they are 5'8. He scored 25 points last night though and nobody was playing defense on both sides because they are no longer allowed to. Not sure why you guys are singling out Ready about the D? Nobody is allowed to play defense in college basketball anymore. We scored 106 points without our best offensive player even playing. Pretty sure Ready wasn't playing the post when Eastern had 50 layups last night. Oh yea and Ready SCORED 25 POINTS LAST NIGHT.

msstate7
11-14-2015, 01:30 PM
I didnt get to see the game but i did follow the thread some. I saw early on that some were complaining about turnovers but box said we finished with 13. Odd stat that popped out at me is how do you score 106 points and finish with only 14 assists?

TOs were a problem for a stretch in the 1st half.

Didn't realize we had so few assists.

Did we have 1 game last year where assists outnumbered TOs?

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 01:32 PM

Because everyone was just dribbling straight to the basket. You are not allowed to play any defense at all in college basketball now. We might as well just cherry pick one guy the entire game and leave him standing underneath the opponents goal. Why drop five on defense when you aren't allowed to play defense anymore?

tcdog70
11-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Because historically-IJ's man has career numbers. We are down ten and put Flat Top Fred on 5 and tear their ass up.

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Because historically-IJ's man has career numbers. We are down ten and put Flat Top Fred on 5 and tear their ass up.

Ok well he topped his highest scoring effort by 7 points last night. Maybe wait a day before blasting his defense.

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 04:14 PM
wt