PDA

View Full Version : Ndoye

msstate7
11-14-2015, 09:52 AM
I have serious doubts that he can give us quality mins without fouling out. Howland is great and I hate to question him at all, but why keep ndoye over black?

Coach34
11-14-2015, 09:55 AM
We could have signed a kid out of Durant or Coffeeville to give us more production than Endo. He is awful. Need to let Zupp be the swing guy at the 4/5 and roll with that. Play Houston a few mins at the 4 also to give us some rest

msstate7
11-14-2015, 09:57 AM
We could have signed a kid out of Durant or Coffeeville to give us more production than Endo. He is awful. Need to let Zupp be the swing guy at the 4/5 and roll with that. Play Houston a few mins at the 4 also to give us some rest

I liked the mins from zuppardo last night. He gave rebounding which we'll need this year

MabenMaroon
11-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Think back to when Jarvis Varnado was a freshman/sophomore, he couldn't play more than 12/15 minutes a game without fouling out and was probably about 45% from the free throw line. And Jarvis had been playing basketball most of his life. Fallou has only been playing a few years and the improvements are becoming obvious and are steady. Couple that with real coaching and a good sc coach that we now appear to have, Fallou stands a pretty good chance of becoming a significant player for us before all is said and done. Bottom line is that this is still a team sport and I am sure Coach Howland will utilize him to our best advantage, don't sell him short for now. He is a hard worker and is reported to be very coachable and you can't coach someone to be 7' tall.

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 10:53 AM
I have serious doubts that he can give us quality mins without fouling out. Howland is great and I hate to question him at all, but why keep ndoye over black?

Ndoye looked much improved in the exhibition game. He only played 5 minutes last night and it was a track meet vs EW who was playing 6'7 guys as their bigs. Ndoye will be more effective vs bigger teams that don't pick and roll and pass as well as EW does. I feel your pain though brother I really liked Tookie.

Jacksondevildog
11-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Fallou looked better last night, but he's miles away from being what we need. He can't guard out high on the post and EW killed him in some match ups. He needs to give us 10 minutes a game and be a rim defender and grab a trash bucket or two. We need to get Holman back and ease him into playing condition and that will add depth. Howland said about a month until he can go and that was one week ago. We need another body in the post. (Germans)

trob115
11-14-2015, 11:12 AM
I think Z will give us decent minutes off the bench. He has a good shot and can usually rebound fairly. We just need him not to be a liability on the defensive end. If we had one more legitimate post player, I think we could make major noise this year. Getting Holman back could potentially be huge for us this year.

msstate7
11-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Ndoye looked much improved in the exhibition game. He only played 5 minutes last night and it was a track meet vs EW who was playing 6'7 guys as their bigs. Ndoye will be more effective vs bigger teams that don't pick and roll and pass as well as EW does. I feel your pain though brother I really liked Tookie.

Speaking of tookie, he had 12 points 7 assists last night. He faces om beginning of the week

Jacksondevildog
11-14-2015, 11:25 AM
When Newman privately committed when we hired Howland, we told Tookie that he needed to look elsewhere.

msstate7
11-14-2015, 11:27 AM
When Newman privately committed when we hired Howland, we told Tookie that he needed to look elsewhere.

Yeah, there's no way I wanted tookie over Newman, but I would've liked both

tcdog70
11-14-2015, 11:28 AM
Ndoye, is much improved. He wasn't the only player having trouble defending with fouling. Ready played great on offense but he still can't defend. Thankfully Flat Top Fred can defend and He cut that pick and roll shit out. As the season goes on Ndoye will help us. Zup had a nice game,He is a pretty good rebounder, and can score the ball. With the new "no touch" defense we will be pushing that ball to the rack. Because we have some players that can grayhound
. If Newman is better than Q , then just damn, they will be hell together. I am a wooly M'fer.

smootness
11-14-2015, 11:28 AM

I thought he looked much better last night. Our fans have just decided he's the guy we're going to blame our problems on. He's fine for what we need, and he has a real chance to become a productive player before he leaves.

msstate7
11-14-2015, 11:40 AM
I thought he looked much better last night. Our fans have just decided he's the guy we're going to blame our problems on. He's fine for what we need, and he has a real chance to become a productive player before he leaves.

I just thought black had more potential. I'm not blaming him for anything. We could really use strugg or Holman

smootness
11-14-2015, 11:43 AM
I just thought black had more potential. I'm not blaming him for anything. We could really use strugg or Holman

There's no doubt getting Holman back will be huge. I liked Black, but he's just a rugged player. He has less skill and much less ultimate potential than Ndoye.

Political Hack
11-14-2015, 12:29 PM
If we play a team that goes hi-lo, or has two true bigs where they're posting up and have entry passes, he could be useful.

Against a team like that where their big man attacked off the dribble he's go zero chance to help on defense. Ware and Zupp are our best bigs. I think they need to start at the 4/5 and have Daniels plus one of them on the floor at all times. Two of those three need to be the floor constantly.

smootness
11-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Daniels looked good, too. I think we're ok in the frontcourt right now, just can't afford any injuries.