PDA

View Full Version : It's obvious our offense is MUCH improved over last year, or so it appears from

Saltydog
11-13-2015, 09:42 PM
what we've seen thus far. HOWEVER, our defense SUCKS ass.

PassInterference
11-13-2015, 09:54 PM
About what I expected. We improved a lot and we're an OK-to-good team. Malik should help matters when he gets healthy.

thf24
11-13-2015, 09:55 PM
I have no clue if we have a good defense or not. No way to tell when we just get whistled every time we try to play it.

Hattdawg
11-13-2015, 09:59 PM
The way the fouls will be called this year is awful. All you have to do is drive the lane and jump into an opposing player as you shoot.

confucius say
11-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Eastern wash was the third best offensive team in the country last year. They can score. We are going to be a tourney team.

smootness
11-13-2015, 10:50 PM
The way the fouls will be called this year is awful. All you have to do is drive the lane and jump into an opposing player as you shoot.

Honestly, this is pretty much the way it's been. But the fact that they thought that needed to happen even more is hilarious.

ScoobaDawg
11-13-2015, 11:07 PM
WHAT a WIN.....We wore them out and Howland make some good adjustments and poured it on in the middle of the 2nd half. Thats an experienced coach showing off his great mind.

AlmostPositive
11-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Damn that was fun... how many years has it been since I could watch a roundball game without my hands in front of my face like a teenage girl at a horror movie?.

I seen it dawg
11-13-2015, 11:49 PM
Fun night in the hump. Been awhile

mstatefan91
11-13-2015, 11:52 PM
We went on a 30-10 run... Holy shit

CadaverDawg
11-13-2015, 11:59 PM
We went on a 30-10 run... Holy shit

30-10 was our score in the second half of some of Ray's games. And we were the 10.

drunkernhelldawg
11-14-2015, 01:57 AM
WHAT a WIN.....We wore them out and Howland make some good adjustments and poured it on in the middle of the 2nd half. Thats an experienced coach showing off his great mind.

I really feel good about our team after seeing this game. We've got a lot of step up player in addition to Malik. Great to see the scoring. Ware is determined. Love to see that. I feel our defense will improve. We'll figure out how to run man to man. But the new foul rules and the shot clock mean more scoring. We may not see much of that shut down defense that's been a reason for a lot of our past wins. Still, I think we'll be better than adequate on defense as the season progresses. Love all our ways to score, our scorers and the tough play on offense.

shannondawg
11-14-2015, 08:32 AM
Ware was making those short put back shots that he couldn't last year. Howland had them working on those shots without dunking the day I went over and watched the 4 player practice. I was pleased that he improved as Z was the only one making them the day I watched,

I was so thrilled that our seniors finally got to see the Hump rocking, thats probably the only time they have seen the Hump at near capacity.

I initially planned on seeing the girls play and getting back to Shannon to watch on tv, then I decided I would stay for a little and maybe leave at the half, 17 that, i stayed till the last, the thrill is back.

Another thing I noticed, the row in front of me behind the bench is the coaches for the recruits, it was full, during Rays tenure it was mostly empty except for our staff coming in and sitting.

It looks like the students have bought in , in a big way.

I hope I don't offend anybody but our dance team is not one of our strong points, about the only disappointment for the whole night.

msstate7
11-14-2015, 08:43 AM
We scored 106 without Malik and only 9 points from sword. Yeah, we're much better offensively

dickiedawg
11-14-2015, 09:07 AM
I hope I don't offend anybody but our dance team is not one of our strong points, about the only disappointment for the whole night.

No way. You know the best part of the muffin is the top.

basedog
11-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Ware was making those short put back shots that he couldn't last year. Howland had them working on those shots without dunking the day I went over and watched the 4 player practice. I was pleased that he improved as Z was the only one making them the day I watched,

I was so thrilled that our seniors finally got to see the Hump rocking, thats probably the only time they have seen the Hump at near capacity.

I initially planned on seeing the girls play and getting back to Shannon to watch on tv, then I decided I would stay for a little and maybe leave at the half, 17 that, i stayed till the last, the thrill is back.

Another thing I noticed, the row in front of me behind the bench is the coaches for the recruits, it was full, during Rays tenure it was mostly empty except for our staff coming in and sitting.

It looks like the students have bought in , in a big way.

You got lots TV exposure than last year also. You watched some of the girls yesterday, surely they played better than the dance team performed.

Take a nap and surely you going to DWS today, it's gonna rock and explode!

shannondawg
11-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Based, I woke up this morning at dawn and had my game face on...I am clock watching for time to leave for game.

I wasn't talking about how they danced.

Vivian didn't score until after the half. He pulled the starters other than Dillinham and Morgan , cause they weren't getting it done starting off. Dillingham is my favorite , her motor doesn't stop, and i think she was high scorer, she didn't score much last year, just a gutty defender and spark plug.

Coastdog Geezer can be proud of the freshman from Gulfport, Jazmun, she is a player and had plenty of it last night.

basedog
11-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Based, I woke up this morning at dawn and had my game face on...I am clock watching for time to leave for game.

I wasn't talking about how they danced.

Vivian didn't score until after the half. He pulled the starters other than Dillinham and Morgan , cause they weren't getting it done starting off. Dillingham is my favorite , her motor doesn't stop, and i think she was high scorer, she didn't score much last year, just a gutty defender and spark plug.

Coastdog Geezer can be proud of the freshman from Gulfport, Jazmun, she is a player and had plenty of it last night.

See u at the game, look for me as I will be wearing Maroon and ringing my cowbell responsibly! Oh, give us a scouting report on the Dance team today!

smootness
11-14-2015, 11:39 AM

She's a JUCO, right?

BulldogBear
11-14-2015, 12:26 PM
what we've seen thus far. HOWEVER, our defense SUCKS ass.
Ha! I saw this thinking it was a football thread! Had to wonder where you were coming from.

BulldogBacker
11-14-2015, 12:36 PM
She's a JUCO, right?

Jazzmun Holmes is a true freshman.

smootness
11-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Jazzmun Holmes is a true freshman.

Ah, I was thinking of Jazmine Spears.

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 12:54 PM
See u at the game, look for me as I will be wearing Maroon and ringing my cowbell responsibly! Oh, give us a scouting report on the Dance team today!

We do have one chubby on the dance team. She must be a Ray recruit.