PDA

View Full Version : If I was a DE in rehab...

Coach34
07-30-2013, 09:27 PM
This sure looks like a nice facility (wink, wink)

http://www.theoxfordcentre.org/

FlabLoser
07-30-2013, 09:38 PM
I heard the same. Feel bad for CJ. He was almost a dawg. He could have come here and been inspired to grind.

Serves the rebels right.

Hey guys seriously...we need a Fulmer Cup type deal for the Rebels. Call is the Frozen List. A list of quitters, transfers, addicts, and other miscreants who were highly recruited by Ole Miss and then flamed out. By default every HS QB they sign has to be on the list. Others would be

Liggins
Brassell
Henderson (not limiting this to football)
Pat Pat
Singleton
Moore
Mosley
Mackey

who else?

CadaverDawg
07-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Nt

I seen it dawg
07-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Masoli

Dallas_Dawg
07-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Chris strong (SP)
Travis Sanford (SP)

LeakyD
07-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Tig Barksdale

Political Hack
07-30-2013, 10:25 PM
just list South Panola as a group.

Coach34
07-30-2013, 10:35 PM
just list South Panola as a group.

The South Panola Wing of Failures

Dawg61
07-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Ya ya yaaaaaa BRENT SCHAEFFER!!

Django_DB
07-30-2013, 10:40 PM
He go there for white girls? Is her name Lori (tab)?

messageboardsuperhero
07-30-2013, 10:53 PM
You could make a long list of really talented players who have pissed away their careers by going to UM and getting sucked into the party/drug stuff. It really is a damn shame that some of those types of players still choose to go there. That's not to say State hasn't had it's share of knuckleheads, but if you look at the percentages of 4-5* players who flushed their careers down the shitter at each of the two schools over the last 10 years, there's no comparison.

Original48
07-30-2013, 11:02 PM
"The Oxford Centre was created to meet a very real and growing need -- quality, comprehensive care for those struggling with addiction disorders."

I get the feeling the Oxford Centre will be strongly encouraged to reword their mission statement by morning.

Django_DB
07-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Anybody send him a card?

GiggityDawg
07-31-2013, 10:59 AM
So what IF he's in rehab? He'll be out by the season's begin, and the rug will just keep getting higher and higher.

Coach34
07-31-2013, 11:08 AM
So what IF he's in rehab? He'll be out by the season's begin, and the rug will just keep getting higher and higher.

Much like Freezus "fears for <insert player name>'s soul" if he signs with State- Mullen can start "fearing for <insert player's name>'s health and career" if they sign with Ole Miss. Quite a list of casualties building in Oxford over the years

landsharks
07-31-2013, 12:57 PM
dont y'all get tired of just talking non stop shit and it's gonna be hilarious when one of your daughters go to ole miss and you realize she is that coed you've been talking about

engie
07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
dont y'all get tired of just talking non stop shit and it's gonna be hilarious when one of your daughters go to ole miss and you realize she is that coed you've been talking about

Don't you get tired of obsessing over MSU to the extent that you read a board that you know you can't post on -- and then go to the trouble of posting on said board in defense of a member of your team with what is basically a known issue at this point -- in the imminent knowledge that it will result in your ip being banned?

elitedawgs
07-31-2013, 01:13 PM

Buh Bye.

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Haha, one hit wonder

M.Fillmore
07-31-2013, 02:22 PM

It is funny that some reb gets his panties so wadded up that he signs up for a board so he can give an asinine post. Please know that Midol and Monistat are available at your local Kroger pharmacy.

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 02:29 PM
You would think that for his one post, he would put a little more thought into it and make it worth a shit.

Todd4State
07-31-2013, 02:49 PM
The South Panola Wing of Failures

The Batesville Casket Company.

mic
07-31-2013, 03:11 PM
he does make a point.. I mean would you want your daughter if she went to Oxford to date guys that wore 1985 chino khaki shorts that show well lets just say a little too much leg , with long sleeve probably pink button up polo shirt with boat shoes..
and don't forget the sun glasses , not on the eyes but turned around backwards on the back of the shirt..
Hell I think Cj and Denzel may be a better choice for the little Princess..

Pollodawg
07-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Does anybody actually know if this story has legs or not? I am just curious. If so, way to go Freeze. lol

bocfarm
07-31-2013, 03:21 PM
He's not in rehab but continue, this is pretty funny

Big4Dawg
07-31-2013, 03:24 PM
There 4.5*

09:
5* Patterson - quit/transfer
4* Drummond - quit/transfer
4* Cotton - quit/transfer
4* Barksdale - quit/transfer
4* Massie - NFL

10:
5* Dorsey
4* Carlos Thompson - redshirted as a junior? no clue
4* Vincent Sanders
4* Delvin Jones - quit/transfer
4* Mackey - arrested

11:
4* CJ Johnson
4* Brassell
4* Singleton

Coach34
07-31-2013, 03:32 PM
There 4.5

11:
4* CJ Johnson- good player but broke leg
4* Brassell- flunked out after a season
4* Singleton- quit/transfer

crootin championships baybeeeeeeeee

Pollodawg
07-31-2013, 03:51 PM
crootin championships baybeeeeeeeee

Yep. That's pretty much what happens when you throw offers at kids because of stars alone and do basically zero evaluation. Got to have those stars. All about perception in Oxford.

messageboardsuperhero
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
So much for the "Mississippi Home Run." Or was it the "Mississippi Grand Slam?" You can never tell which hype phrase their going to use each year for their new group of "program changers."

FlabLoser
07-31-2013, 05:29 PM
There 4.5*

09:
5* Patterson - quit/transfer
4* Drummond - quit/transfer
4* Cotton - quit/transfer
4* Barksdale - quit/transfer
4* Massie - NFL

10:
5* Dorsey
4* Carlos Thompson - redshirted as a junior? no clue
4* Vincent Sanders
4* Delvin Jones - quit/transfer
4* Mackey - arrested

11:
4* CJ Johnson
4* Brassell
4* Singleton

Once we get a good list together we need a M&W article on this. Or maybe save it for after football season when crootin reaches a fever pitch.

Bass Chaser
07-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't forget Channing Ward.

FlabLoser
07-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Ward quit, got kicked off, or transferred?

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Don't forget Channing Ward.

I think he played a good bit as a Fr last year, so I don't think he is anywhere near being on a negative list yet.

Bass Chaser
07-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Sorry, I was thinking lack of development not the other.

bocfarm
07-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Ward could be a beast this season, what are you talking ab?

Bamboo
08-01-2013, 06:49 AM

landsharks it is obvious that you are projecting and i'm sorry that your wife, daughter, girlfriend was one of those swallowing for Freeze. Upside for you is that you get to brag to your buddies that you have a high star count because of it. Hope you like the taste.

Bass Chaser
08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Ward could be a beast this season, what are you talking ab?

I thought he was a DE. Where is he going to play?

Edited: Just looked at his stats from 2012. I have nothing, carry on.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 09:56 AM
I thought he was a DE. Where is he going to play?

Edited: Just looked at his stats from 2012. I have nothing, carry on.

Ryan Brown-15 tackles 0.5 sacks
Channing Ward-21 tackles 1.5 TFL

Coach34
08-01-2013, 10:14 AM
They have CJ, Whigham, Kimdeechy, and Ward...they are pretty good at DE also....their worries are DT and CB on defense

Political Hack
08-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I really like this board.

RougeDawg
08-01-2013, 12:59 PM
You could make a long list of really talented players who have pissed away their careers by going to UM and getting sucked into the party/drug stuff. It really is a damn shame that some of those types of players still choose to go there. That's not to say State hasn't had it's share of knuckleheads, but if you look at the percentages of 4-5* players who flushed their careers down the shitter at each of the two schools over the last 10 years, there's no comparison.

All of these talented players who have gone up there and not succeeded. How do they keep selling the idea that OM is the better of the two programs, when all these top guys become has beens and OM sends barely any players to NFL past 4-5 years (none in last 2 or 3 drafts), and State just churn out NFL picks year after year recently?

Can anyone provide any insight as to how they are outselling these upper tier players to come there, when what they have to offer isn't even the best in the state of ms, let alone the sec? If a logical person looks at everything equal, there's really no explanation, unless there are other off the field (under the table) activities that skew recruits perception of a program.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Michael Orr, Mike Wallace, McCluster, Eli Manning, Deuce, Ken Lucas, Terrance Metcalf, Von Hutchins, Chris Spencer, Tre Stallings, Patrick Willis, Peria Jerry, Kendrick Lewis, Greg Hardy

I see what your saying but at the same time they can point to the guys above that have had success and gone on to the NFL...its not like OM made those guys fall off the face of the earth they did it to themselves, happens all over college football. Hell look at UT, GA and Aub the last several years....tons of talented kids getting the boot.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Michael Orr, Mike Wallace, McCluster, Eli Manning, Deuce, Ken Lucas, Terrance Metcalf, Von Hutchins, Chris Spencer, Tre Stallings, Patrick Willis, Peria Jerry, Kendrick Lewis, Greg Hardy

I see what your saying but at the same time they can point to the guys above that have had success and gone on to the NFL...its not like OM made those guys fall off the face of the earth they did it to themselves, happens all over college football. Hell look at UT, GA and Aub the last several years....tons of talented kids getting the boot.
Well if you can't fault om for the failures, then you can't praise them for the successes, right?

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I guess you can spin how ever you want...depends who's doing the spinning

Dawgfan77
08-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I guess you can spin how ever you want...depends who's doing the spinning

Is it me or do you take up for the bears way to much to be a state fan

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Its you

CadaverDawg
08-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Is it me or do you take up for the bears way to much to be a state fan

Not just you.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 03:09 PM
When did I take up for OM? Be specific

Dawgfan77
08-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Pretty damn every post has some bear overtones. The fact you reeled off those NFL names in a smart ass defensive tone really sealed the deal for me

Jack Lambert
08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
It was five.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 03:32 PM
It was five.

Glad your keeping track

thanks

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Bocfarm a little too far in the gray area...an ole miss apologist?

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome to EliteGenes

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 04:26 PM
**** you. How's that for elitegenes?

Eta: I'm not hating on bocfarm but this isn't necessarily the place for ANY rebel love, defending, or good feelings. Call it what you want but I like it.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 04:29 PM
haha

put a fresh one in

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Read my edit....I'm in no need of a fresh one. You're the first one to post anything remotely resembling the fact that anything they do is positive or well received. I'm sure somewhere along the way in history ole miss has done something decent but this thread and board probably isn't the best place to air out those thoughts or feelings. I believe the vast majority of the problem with some of our fan base is the fact there is too much ole miss dicksucking by our own fans. Your post and reaction to its comments seems to put you in that category of fans. Just an observation.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 04:39 PM
No rebel love here buddy and I wasn't defending them either. They've had a handful of high profile recruits fade into the distance...well no ****ing shit, how is that different than any other bcs program. Vandy just kicked 4 out for alleged rape. I was simply pointing to what their coaches/recruiters are telling the kids and their parents that is if they even know who Pat Patterson types are and even see that as a concern.

RougeDawg asked how they keep selling OM to recruits, I was just answering his question on how it could be easily overcome.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 04:43 PM
And on the contrary, the type of fans that give us a bad name are the insecure OM haters that are far more obsessed with OM and what their doing than their own school....those types are the worst and make our fanbase look like a bunch of ****ing pansies.

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 04:47 PM
When did I take up for OM? Be specific

So with rattling off all those nfl names and saying the POS players did it to themselves, it infers you cant blame the school for the failure but you can blame the school for the success. Are you saying its all on the failing player and has nothing to do with the atmosphere and culture the player is put in? Is it not incumbent on the program to police itself and to make those talents accountable so they stay out of jail?

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 04:48 PM
And on the contrary, the type of fans that give us a bad name are the insecure OM haters that are far more obsessed with OM and what their doing than their own school....those types are the worst and make our fanbase look like a bunch of ****ing pansies.

This I agree with.

Todd4State
08-01-2013, 04:51 PM
No rebel love here buddy and I wasn't defending them either. They've had a handful of high profile recruits fade into the distance...well no ****ing shit, how is that different than any other bcs program. Vandy just kicked 4 out for alleged rape. I was simply pointing to what their coaches/recruiters are telling the kids and their parents that is if they even know who Pat Patterson types are and even see that as a concern.

RougeDawg asked how they keep selling OM to recruits, I was just answering his question on how it could be easily overcome.

Actually, none of those four players for Vanderbilt were starters. Just saying that may not be the best example to use.

CadaverDawg
08-01-2013, 04:54 PM

Yea, your meltdown here isn't helping you much.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 05:07 PM
So with rattling off all those nfl names and saying the POS players did it to themselves, it infers you cant blame the school for the failure but you can blame the school for the success. Are you saying its all on the failing player and has nothing to do with the atmosphere and culture the player is put in? Is it not incumbent on the program to police itself and to make those talents accountable so they stay out of jail?

Yea, your meltdown here isn't helping you much.

Touched a nerve?

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Touched a nerve?

Don't think you are following...nobody around here needs a tampon change or is having nerves struck. That's a total different mentality than what this board has been about since it's inception. That shit doesn't fly here, take it somewhere else. The whole trying to continue the thread by immaturely coming back at people is boorish and is borderline douchebaggery. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing. There was a response to one of your points with a couple of questions...answer them or not it's no big deal but don't be childish about it.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Sorry fellas, I'll cease OM related comments.

Carry on

FlabLoser
08-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Don't think you are following...nobody around here needs a tampon change or is having nerves struck. That's a total different mentality than what this board has been about since it's inception. That shit doesn't fly here, take it somewhere else. The whole trying to continue the thread by immaturely coming back at people is boorish and is borderline douchebaggery. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing. There was a response to one of your points with a couple of questions...answer them or not it's no big deal but don't be childish about it.

Agreed.

Chill.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 05:30 PM

Nm

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Haha that's fine. Definitive and to the point. That's a lot better than passive aggressive tampon talk.

FlabLoser
08-01-2013, 05:35 PM
**** you

Is that appropriate?

Strike two

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Strike two

It was a joke flab, he said " **** you" earlier to me.

Give it a rest with the hall monitor stuff.

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2013, 05:46 PM

And how many of those guys have played there in the last 5 years? They've only had two players drafted since after their last 2009 Cotton Bowl (I know the draft was in 2010, but none of those guys drafted that year played past 2009.). Two guys drafted in the past three drafts is pathetic for an SEC team. Lately they've been terrible at putting guys in the league.

For comparison, we've had 10 players drafted in that same span, including two 1st and two 2nd rounders. Yes, that's right, State has had as many 1st round draft picks in the last three years as UM has had total, and we were pretty damn close to doubling that number in this past draft.

That's not spin: those are damn facts.

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 05:57 PM
It was a joke flab, he said " **** you" earlier to me.

Give it a rest with the hall monitor stuff.

I did and then I think The point was made. All good. No demerits.

engie
08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Bottom line is -- you can't give Freeze credit for the NFL talent they've put out in the past -- and you can't really fault him for the bad attrition before he got there. He did work a small miracle to only lose Brassell last year with all the grade issues that he inherited, that much is for sure. So, he gets a clean slate in that regard. That said, it's certainly reasonable for MSU fans(who have had, to this point, basically zero "bad" attrition under Mullen) to hammer OM about all the blue-chip talent they've recruited and "built" into total busts. We should be negative recruiting the hell out of that...

If you think they didn't SLAUGHTER us over the attrition in Jackie's last few classes, the rampant "loss of control", and Croom's housecleaning basically doing the same thing here at MSU, you are very naive...Hell, Croom was still kicking off lots of our best talent in his FIFTH year...They slaughtered us for that, and rightly so.

I'd be cautious about going "holier than thou" on this though. Our team isn't exactly made up of a bunch of choir boys as much as we'd like to believe it -- and there have been some questionable incidents happen which Mullen has done a good job of keeping under wraps and handling in-house...

With THIS recruiting class, we are going to see some serious attrition next summer. I'm talking 5-10 guys worth of attrition(to get under the 85 limit), and there isn't that much "dead weight" left to get rid of. So, be prepared for that when the Rebels spin up the "Mullen losing control" propaganda -- and a portion of our fanbase COMPLETELY buy into their bs with zero understanding of what is actually going on...

Political Hack
08-01-2013, 07:20 PM
we are a developmental program so attrition is bad for us. they are a rock star, what you come with is what you play with because you're not going to get any better program. Attrition doesn't matter for them because their freshmen and first year players are just as good as their SR's... continually.

Behrdawg
08-01-2013, 07:20 PM
After reading all of this shit, it feels like I just watched one of those "housewives" shows with my ex.

I divorced her by the way

RougeDawg
08-01-2013, 09:30 PM

My point was that OM hasn't produced very much/if any NFL caliber players in recent memory, yet they seem to claim that they've won all these crootin championships. Once you get past the smoke and mirrors, you realize that the crootin championships are just that. Most of the top players from the last half decade never made it past year 2 in their OM career. The perception is that OM has all the talent in the world because of those classes. The reality is that those top guys go there and faulter, for whatever reason. Mullen and Co. should be able to easily use this agains OM when recruiting the current top guys, but apparently dont.

Either that or the OM brown paper bags are so large that recruits dont give a shit if their career ends in 2 years, as long as momma has a house to live in, until the OM booster stops paying the note. These 17 year old kids are stupid and gullible, and most don't look past tomorrow. OM's revolving door of top recruits is a prime example of their ignorance. Especially when top players were going there and OM was going 0'fer in conference and getting beat by Sun Belt teams.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
My point was that OM hasn't produced very much/if any NFL caliber players in recent memory, yet they seem to claim that they've won all these crootin championships. Once you get past the smoke and mirrors, you realize that the crootin championships are just that. Most of the top players from the last half decade never made it past year 2 in their OM career. The perception is that OM has all the talent in the world because of those classes. The reality is that those top guys go there and faulter, for whatever reason. Mullen and Co. should be able to easily use this agains OM when recruiting the current top guys, but apparently dont.

Either that or the OM brown paper bags are so large that recruits dont give a shit if their career ends in 2 years, as long as momma has a house to live in, until the OM booster stops paying the note. These 17 year old kids are stupid and gullible, and most don't look past tomorrow. OM's revolving door of top recruits is a prime example of their ignorance. Especially when top players were going there and OM was going 0'fer in conference and getting beat by Sun Belt teams.

You answered your own original question in the 2nd paragraph of this post. FYI

What I was pointing out was what the coaches/recruiters/boosters are telling these kids ab OM and their success stories along with giving them other tangible benefits.