PDA

View Full Version : This game has deeper implications for Bama than just a W or L

Maroon_and_white
11-13-2015, 09:36 AM
There is starting to be some real smoke about Saban bolting to the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/more-talk-that-jim-irsay-may-fire-chuck-pagano-hire-nick-saban/

There was also a "bold prediction" at the beginning of the year from I believe "Coaching Search" or a blogger like him talking about Saban unrest and getting tired of the job and will not be Bama's coach in 2016. Also, Saban alluded earlier this year in a press conference or interview about how he would still be the Miami coach if he had a franchise QB

Here's the deal, if we beat Bama Sat theyre out of the national title hunt, and when Bama teams are out of the national title hunt they pretty much shut down. If you parlay that with a big Auburn win this weekend vs UGA you could be looking at a classic Iron Bowl upset. If Bama loses to both Mississippi schools and Auburn this year he may just say screw it instead of dealing with an offseason trying to regroup after essentially his worst finish at Bama.

If the Colts fire Pagano that Colts HC job will be one of the most sought after coaching jobs at any level of football in a long time. There will be big time names (even current NFL head coaches) that put their name in the hat.

The Saban years at Bama are weening down. IMO there's only 3 years or less left of Saban at Bama.

STATEBALLIN
11-13-2015, 09:46 AM
There was also a "bold prediction" at the beginning of the year from I believe "Coaching Search" or a blogger like him talking about Saban unrest and getting tired of the job and will not be Bama's coach in 2016. Also, Saban alluded earlier this year in a press conference or interview about how he would still be the Miami coach if he had a franchise QB.

The Saban years at Bama are weening down. IMO there's only 3 years or less left of Saban at Bama.

I think he traded Drew Breese away. ooops!

Agree

Maroonthirteen
11-13-2015, 09:55 AM
I would thoroughly enjoy knocking them out of the SEC cg and cfp.

#BuckFama

Maroon_and_white
11-13-2015, 09:59 AM

Agree

That was it. I think he said something along the lines of if he had gotten Drew Brees he'd still be in NFL

TrapGame
11-13-2015, 10:01 AM

Agree

Yep. Google Tosh's Saban rant about that. Hilarious!

However, I did see a blurb this morning that said the Colt's owner is publicly saying he wants Saban and would give him free reign.

War Machine Dawg
11-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Saban has never stayed at one place long. Not only does his personality wear on people, but he prefers the challenge of taking a down program and building it into a contender. Once he's done that, he moves on. I'm surprised he's stayed at Bama this long. Sounds to me like he's restless and looking for the next challenge.

DownwardDawg
11-13-2015, 10:22 AM

Agree

Saban tried his best to get Brees. He was vetoed by management.

FISHDAWG
11-13-2015, 10:35 AM
Yep. Google Tosh's Saban rant about that. Hilarious!

However, I did see a blurb this morning that said the Colt's owner is publicly saying he wants Saban and would give him free reign.

heard on the radio this am that the owner said he would fire his GM if that would pull Saban in

MaroonState
11-13-2015, 10:38 AM
I'll start it: Mullen to bama?**

Dawg Corps
11-13-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't think Mullen would make a lateral move like that***

TrapGame
11-13-2015, 10:44 AM

When Mullen beats Bama it will be Mullen to USCw.**

msstate7
11-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Saban tried his best to get Brees. He was vetoed by management.

Team doctors, I think

Pollodawg
11-13-2015, 12:07 PM
Saban is a winner. When a winner loses, it grates on them. He can't stand the fact that his tenure in the NFL was a spectacular failure, and it galls him that people will always remember it that way. It's like when you get into an argument with someone you can't stand, and they get the last word, all anyone will ever remember, and all you will ever remember as well, is that you lost. And it positively eats at him. So, yeah, given the right conditions and terms, I fully believe Saban would go to the pros again.

Also, I don't know where I heard this, but Saban can't stand their fans. Enough is never enough for those wackos. These people need help, guys. They shoot each other and poison trees over this stuff, and I am about to sound like a major dick, but it is what it is: This is what happens when people put their total faith in and base their world view on a football program.

starkvegasdawg
11-13-2015, 12:28 PM

Nah, Mullen to Colts.