PDA

View Full Version : Basketball recruiting brings back memories...

Coach34
11-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Just 10 short years ago, when all the message board fun really got started- I was in the early days of this legend that has become C34. After explaining to the Sixpack sheep that no Stands-coached team would ever make a Sweet 16- which obviously wasnt a popular stance in 2005- I began to enjoy the discussion of the Stands recruited "State Fab 5"

Jamont Gordon
Delk Twins
Jerrell Houston
Vernon Goodridge

It didnt matter that we lost our starting 5 from the year before- Stands was going to keep that NCAA Tourney streak alive- per the Sixpack Sheep. The State Fab 5 was coming on campus.

Fast Forward 10 years later- and looking back at what Stands recruited after 4 straight NCAA's and an SEC title vs what Howland in bring in before ever coaching a game is simply incredible. Its amazing given our history. Literally the most exciting thing to happen to the State basketball program since 1996.

#ThanksAdidas

smootness
11-12-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure what the motive for the post is, but if it's simply amazement at our level of recruiting right now, then absolutely, it is incredible and we should all be pumped.

thedawg
11-12-2015, 09:19 PM
The problem was u got so silly and loud with ur hatred for stands that alot of people (me included) just wrote u off as a troll for years.. In hindsight u were probably right but damn u were abnoxious about it.. Ur alot more pleasant to be around post stands

Liverpooldawg
11-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Stansbury has been gone for years now. Let him go 34.

mstatefan91
11-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Coach will talk about Stansbury till the day he dies. That's just C34.

Coach34
11-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Stansbury has been gone for years now. Let him go 34.

hahahaha- thats the thing. It's NEVER been about him- it's been about the fans that would always prop him up when he would flounder. Dont call me names and say all kinds of ridiculous things to me- and then get mad when things go damn near as I said they would.

But secondly- I was pointing out how far we had come from trying to fellate Stands for what he was doing- to Howland and what he has accomplished in this short time.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2015, 10:12 PM
The problem was u got so silly and loud with ur hatred for stands that alot of people (me included) just wrote u off as a troll for years.. In hindsight u were probably right but damn u were abnoxious about it.. Ur alot more pleasant to be around post stands

Yes. C34 got to the point that it was an unhealthy situation for him. I had to stop reading all of his posts! Haha

I seen it dawg
11-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Stains sucked. Period.

mstatefan91
11-13-2015, 12:31 AM
Stains sucked. Period.
He did some things well... recruiting... beyond that... ehh

tcdog70
11-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Ole Coach hated Stans so much it blinded Him to the awfulness of Rick Ray.he propped up Ray just like Stans lovers propped up Rick.

BiscuitEater
11-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Just 10 short years ago, when all the message board fun really got started- I was in the early days of this legend that has become C34.

Just ONE year ago .. the same 'legendary' C34 was saying that Ray had 'turned the corner.' Talk about selective memory.

BiscuitEater
11-13-2015, 12:00 PM
But secondly- I was pointing out how far we had come from trying to fellate Stands for what he was doing- to Howland and what he has accomplished in this short time.

You conveniently leave out the ABSOLUTE worst three years of MSU basketball in a century & the 'Rick Ray' era you helped usher in.

Plus .. you still thought Ray would get another year .. 'cause in his third year, he wert from dead last to next to, next to last in the SEC.

Read below .. you NEVER thought we would get Howland .. period.

Goat from MSU
11-13-2015, 12:24 PM
If Ray had not been replaced. 34 and his Head in the ass friend who works on campus would be feeling the heat from all of us . How many 4 stars would we had signed? Zero,now let's enjoy this basketball season.
You conveniently leave out the ABSOLUTE worst three years of MSU basketball in a century & the 'Rick Ray' era you helped usher in.

Plus .. you still thought Ray would get another year .. 'cause in his third year, he wert from dead last to next to, next to last in the SEC.

Coach34
11-13-2015, 12:27 PM

so the **** what?

Coach34
11-13-2015, 12:30 PM

again- so the **** what?

shannondawg
11-13-2015, 12:42 PM
I saw a post on the 247 board that summed up exactly where we are. Not verbatim but the gist : We were so lucky that Stricklin made such a terrible hire in Rick Ray, if he had hired a slightly better coach, we would still be sticking with him, and missed the hiring of Howland.

I think I am going go to see the girls play this afternoon, and may or may not stay for some of the men's.

Coach34
11-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Very good point

defiantdog
11-13-2015, 01:24 PM
This post is reminding me of SixPack..... lots of useless talk about the past. Now all we need is bruiser to come in and talk about useless OM info on a damn MSU board!

maroonmania
11-13-2015, 01:32 PM
again- so the **** what?

Well if you are going to start a thread calling yourself "this legend that has become C34" (geez), then you better acknowledge the good with the bad. I do agree that, in the end, Strick hiring such a terrible replacement for Stans worked out to give us the opportunity to hire what is undoubtedly going to be the best basketball coach we've had since McCarthy and could easily become the best ever.

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2015, 01:33 PM
hahahaha- thats the thing. It's NEVER been about him- it's been about the fans that would always prop him up when he would flounder. Dont call me names and say all kinds of ridiculous things to me- and then get mad when things go damn near as I said they would.

You won, you got what you wanted. Be a man and let it go.

Dawg61
11-13-2015, 03:04 PM
I think I am going go to see the girls play this afternoon, and may or may not stay for some of the men's.

Only once does Howland have a first game for MSU. Drink a red bull and stay up past your bed time grandpa.**

shannondawg
11-13-2015, 03:55 PM
One I get there , I might be too tired to get up and leave my seat!

I'm saving my strength , not once have I said any thing about the subject that started this thread .

Coach34
11-13-2015, 04:31 PM
I'll be there

PMDawg
11-13-2015, 06:03 PM

I must spread rep points around....

Quaoarsking
11-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Just 10 short years ago, when all the message board fun really got started- I was in the early days of this legend that has become C34. After explaining to the Sixpack sheep that no Stands-coached team would ever make a Sweet 16- which obviously wasnt a popular stance in 2005- I began to enjoy the discussion of the Stands recruited "State Fab 5"

Jamont Gordon
Delk Twins
Jerrell Houston
Vernon Goodridge

It didnt matter that we lost our starting 5 from the year before- Stands was going to keep that NCAA Tourney streak alive- per the Sixpack Sheep. The State Fab 5 was coming on campus.

Fast Forward 10 years later- and looking back at what Stands recruited after 4 straight NCAA's and an SEC title vs what Howland in bring in before ever coaching a game is simply incredible. Its amazing given our history. Literally the most exciting thing to happen to the State basketball program since 1996.

#ThanksAdidas

I believe Houston came in the year before with Rhodes and Sharpe. Bernard Rimmer was in that class.