PDA

View Full Version : They say it's a "Nightmare Scenario"

Spiderman
11-12-2015, 07:37 PM
But I pray we make the SEC Championship game and face a 1 loss Florida team and beat them.

Therefore the SEC would miss the playoff because we screwed it all up.

99.9% would call that a Nightmare Scenario, I'd call it Orgasmic.

It would be my Dream Scenario.

cheewgumm
11-12-2015, 07:42 PM
2nd

Jack Lambert
11-12-2015, 07:45 PM
It would be the fastest way to get the NCAA to move the playoff to 6 or 8 teams if the SEC is left out.

Spiderman
11-12-2015, 07:46 PM
I don't want a 2 loss Florida team, that would be anti climatic.

Plus Mullen could verbally slap Collins post game

Todd4State
11-12-2015, 07:50 PM
I don't know any true MSU fan that would want it any different.

Spiderman
11-12-2015, 07:54 PM
I don't know any true MSU fan that would want it any different.

Yep, as many times as the SEC has FOOKED us, I'd love to FOOK them just once.

AlmostPositive
11-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Nice little SEC Playoff scenario you got there... be a shame if anything happened to it, you know what I'm sayin'?

Martianlander
11-12-2015, 08:16 PM
I think if we win out, and win the SEC championship game, we would have an excellent chance to be in the playoffs. Not definite, but a good chance. Miles won his championship at LSU with two losses.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Looking at the schedules for the next 2 Saturdays, there is a decent chance 10 of the 16 teams ahead of us could lose at least once. If we beat Bama, then UPig, we'd have a great shot of moving into the Top 7, and would still have UNM. Getting into a 3-way tie with Bama & LSU is not a crazy idea now, so we could well find ourselves in the SECCG vs UF fives us another shot to move up, with B10, ACC & PAC12 with CG's that could go our way as well.

Let's say we win out, beating UF, 10 of those 16 teams ahead of us lose over the next 2 games (3 of those games feature head-to-heads with those 16 teams), then Clemson, Stanford and the B10 East champs lose in their CGs. We just might could sneak into the Top 4.

1bigdawg
11-12-2015, 08:26 PM
I don't see how we get to the SECCG in a three way tie with LSU and Bama. UNM would have a better conference record than A & M which would eliminate us first in the tie breaker and send Bama to the championship because they beat LSU.

I do think we get another top six bowl if we win out. That would put us in elite company.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Sorry blacklisted but I just don't see it. Some of those 10 teams would have to lose twice for MSU to leapfrog them. Like Ohio State for example. We just aren't that lucky. We'd first have to accomplish something we never have been able to do and then we'd need to get extremely lucky with a bunch of teams losing. A couple needing to lose twice.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I don't see how we get to the SECCG in a three way tie with LSU and Bama. UNM would have a better conference record than A & M which would eliminate us first in the tie breaker and send Bama to the championship because they beat LSU.

I do think we get another top six bowl if we win out. That would put us in elite company.

No. I can't remember the whole deal, but it's been explained on here pretty thoroughly. If it's a 3 way tie, we win if ole miss finished 4th in the West.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 08:51 PM

No, If UNM has a better record than aTm, then:
Bama 2-1 (loss to MSU)
LSU 1-2 (losses to Bama and UNM)
MSU 2-1 (loss to LSU)

This would then revert to 2-team tie-breaker, which we would win due to head-to-head vs Bama.

Same thing would happen if UPig finishes ahead of UNM

The only way we don't win that 3-way is if aTm becomes the tie-breaker.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Screw the SEC.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Sorry blacklisted but I just don't see it. Some of those 10 teams would have to lose twice for MSU to leapfrog them. Like Ohio State for example. We just aren't that lucky. We'd first have to accomplish something we never have been able to do and then we'd need to get extremely lucky with a bunch of teams losing. A couple needing to lose twice.

#2 LSU lost to then #4 Bama and dropped to #9. Ohio State would be losing to a lower-ranked team than #4. If we beat Bama, we could conceivably move up 5-8 spots this week. If we're around 9 the following week, beat UPig, and OSU loses to Michigan State, do you really think we have no chance of being over OSU that very week? Ask yourself how far they might fall after a loss. They might be only 6 spots ahead going into the games.

thedawg
11-12-2015, 09:22 PM
I used to have conference loyalty and care about all that last year.. Until last year.. No one in our conference had our back or wanted us to win it all.. Talked down to us, like we were little brother even while we were #1.. So screw the conference.. Let's win this bitch and piss in everyone's cheerios

TrapGame
11-12-2015, 09:28 PM
I used to have conference loyalty and care about all that last year.. Until last year.. No one in our conference had our back or wanted us to win it all.. Talked down to us, like we were little brother even while we were #1.. So piss on the conference.. Let's win this bitch and piss in everyone's cheerios

This right here.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 09:48 PM
I used to have conference loyalty and care about all that last year.. Until last year.. No one in our conference had our back or wanted us to win it all.. Talked down to us, like we were little brother even while we were #1.. So screw the conference.. Let's win this bitch and piss in everyone's cheerios

I have not forgiven the SEC for Mike Slive. Sat on his hands at The Hump when Vranado broke the NCAA blocks record. Held a press conference on Cam Newton being bought for $200k and chewed out MSU while pretty much ignoring Auburn.

And years and years of basketball games being gift wrapped to Kentucky (and Bama in football).

DownwardDawg
11-12-2015, 09:51 PM
I cheer against most SEC teams all the time. I'm not interested in conference loyalty.

DancingRabbit
11-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Looking at the schedules for the next 2 Saturdays, there is a decent chance 10 of the 16 teams ahead of us could lose at least once. If we beat Bama, then UPig, we'd have a great shot of moving into the Top 7, and would still have UNM. Getting into a 3-way tie with Bama & LSU is not a crazy idea now, so we could well find ourselves in the SECCG vs UF fives us another shot to move up, with B10, ACC & PAC12 with CG's that could go our way as well.

Let's say we win out, beating UF, 10 of those 16 teams ahead of us lose over the next 2 games (3 of those games feature head-to-heads with those 16 teams), then Clemson, Stanford and the B10 East champs lose in their CGs. We just might could sneak into the Top 4.

Of course winning out is a huge long shot, but if we did we would probably be in the conversation.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/quick-reactions-alabama-enjoying-plum-spot-in-latest-college-football-playoff-rankings

3. In the land of current two-loss teams, Mississippi State might have the best path to a surprising semifinals invite

On paper, this seems like a long-shot proposition. The No. 17 Bulldogs? most signature victory to date involves a road triumph over Auburn, which currently sits last in the SEC West. Plus, they avoided East powers Florida, UGA and Tennessee during the conference crossovers.

However, everything can dramatically change for the better starting this weekend, with Mississippi State (7-2, 3-2 SEC) welcoming No. 2 Alabama, before finishing up with Arkansas and Ole Miss. All three wins, in presumed totality, would represent a huge boost for the Bulldogs? seasonal resume. It might also be enough to clinch a spot in the SEC championship (with a little help from LSU?s remaining conference opponents), where they would finally play an East opponent with substance (Florida).

An Alabama upset would also raise the Heisman profile of quarterback Dak Prescott (2,769 total yards, 25 total TDs), who has quietly deferred to front-runners Fournette, Trevone Boykin, Derrick Henry, Ezekiel Elliot, Corey Coleman, Christian McCaffrey and Deshaun Watson ? despite just one interception for the season.

So, why do the Bulldogs possess the best chance among the two-loss cluster? No. 14 Michigan, No. 18 Northwestern and No. 19 UCLA are still alive for division/conference titles; but even if the Wolverines oust Ohio State on Nov. 28 ? it wouldn?t matter if Michigan State trumped the Buckeyes the previous week.

In that scenario, the Spartans ? should they go 3 for 3 from this point forward ? would capture the East division title and then face Iowa for the Big Ten championship.

As such, within the two-loss grouping, Mississippi State would likely get the biggest bounce off the dual notions of slaying a top-5 power ? and collecting the so-called championship bump. At this stage, though, it?s still commensurate to a pipe dream.

Martianlander
11-13-2015, 01:06 AM
I have not forgiven the SEC for Mike Slive. Sat on his hands at The Hump when Vranado broke the NCAA blocks record. Held a press conference on Cam Newton being bought for $200k and chewed out MSU while pretty much ignoring Auburn.

And years and years of basketball games being gift wrapped to Kentucky (and Bama in football).

Agree! Mike Slive was a creep, especially toward MSU.