PDA

View Full Version : Watching Sportcenter at lunch Mel Kiper talking good about Dak

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2015, 05:18 PM
He was talking about how he is an early round pick now but could sky rocket with a great game on Saturday. He was saying the numbers he is putting up with no run game was amazing. If he does well on Saturday and either keeps it close or actually wins could put him in round 1 or 2.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2015, 06:43 PM
He was talking about how he is an early round pick now but could sky rocket with a great game on Saturday. He was saying the numbers he is putting up with no run game was amazing. If he does well on Saturday and either keeps it close or actually wins could put him in round 1 or 2.

Holy shit, that actually surprises me a little. Great news. He deserves some pub, & a good outing Saturday

msstate7
11-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Man, I would love for Dak to be a top 2 round guy. Dak has done so much for our school and he'll be my favorite dawg for a long time bc of it. I know Dak will be a success in life; he loves football though, so I want that success to be as an nfl qb

Coach34
11-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Jones, Redmond, Wilson, and Prescott should all go top 3 rounds

Leroy Jenkins
11-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Jones, Redmond, Wilson, and Prescott should all go top 3 rounds

Barring injury, those 2 JRs would make more money if they came back and got better. Both have NFL talent but need work.

Dawgfan77
11-13-2015, 07:04 AM
Jones I will agree with you on could be top 10 in 17 draft but bear will always be a 2nd or 3rd guy. To me he and paidwell are very comparable reason paidwell is getting more pub is due to him being more polished than bear. This is bears only 4th year in football. Ceiling is much higher for bear but him coming back does nothing for his draft status.
Jones is a 3rd round or later guy now but should he return next year he has potential to be first DT drafted in 17. Jones needs to come back his soph year hurt his stock

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2015, 08:22 AM
To me he and paidwell are very comparable reason paidwell is getting more pub is due to him being more polished than bear.

I disagree, I used to think they were pretty equal talents, but, after watching Paidwell this season, he's better than Bear. I think Bear is awesome, great, and love him, but Paidwell absolutely has better hands, body control, & is significantly better than Bear after the catch. I think both are about the same speed, but Paidwell is more elusive & uses his absolutely elite body control to contort his body & make defenders miss. Paidwell is a 1st round talent & Bear is a late 2nd or 3rd round talent. Both guys are good enough though that their NFL success will have much to do with who their QB is.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2015, 08:33 AM
I disagree, I used to think they were pretty equal talents, but, after watching Paidwell this season, he's better than Bear. I think Bear is awesome, great, and love him, but Paidwell absolutely has better hands, body control, & is significantly better than Bear after the catch. I think both are about the same speed, but Paidwell is more elusive & uses his absolutely elite body control to contort his body & make defenders miss. Paidwell is a 1st round talent & Bear is a late 2nd or 3rd round talent. Both guys are good enough though that their NFL success will have much to do with who their QB is.

I have to disagree shot gun. Kelly just slings the ball to Treadwell 80% of the time. That means Treadwell is getting 80% of the passes. Dak on the other hand is going through progression looking for the guy that is open. Bear is getting at most 30% of the passes thrown to him. Bear is a product of a good QB who is spreading the ball around. Treadwell is a product of a QB who has a strong arm but not a very good pass reader.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2015, 08:43 AM
I have to disagree shot gun. Kelly just slings the ball to Treadwell 80% of the time. That means Treadwell is getting 80% of the passes. Dak on the other hand is going through progression looking for the guy that is open. Bear is getting at most 30% of the passes thrown to him. Bear is a product of a good QB who is spreading the ball around. Treadwell is a product of a QB who has a strong arm but not a very good pass reader.

You are correct in much of what you say about how Treadwell gets open, but I'm not comparing production.

Hands: Treadwell has softer hands that swallow the ball more than Bear's

Yards after Catch - Treadwell is more elusive, quicker, & more creative in his running

Body Control - Treadwell has elite body control. Bear has good body control

Physicality - Bear is slightly more physical than Treadwell.

None of this has anything to do with how many passes Treadwell catches. These are just tools/ individual attributes.

Dawgfan77
11-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Have you seen bear play this year??? I would put his body control up against anyone and he is 6'5 vs paidwell at 6'2. Watch bear make catches in tragic , watch him adjust on the back shoulder. Paidwell is more polished yes but bear ain't to far behind

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2015, 08:52 AM
Have you seen bear play this year??? I would put his body control up against anyone and he is 6'5 vs paidwell at 6'2. Watch bear make catches in tragic , watch him adjust on the back shoulder. Paidwell is more polished yes but bear ain't to far behind

Yes, Bear is outstanding. You don't have to sacrifice one player to boost up another. However, Treadwell is a more complete package & more versatile.

thf24
11-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Kelvin Benjamin went in the first round last year, so I don't see why Bear couldn't at least make the second. It's true though that he pretty much is what he is at this point, and the way I see it, the most significant factor when considering going vs. coming back is what this year's WR class looks like compared to next year's. Might actually be worth coming back if next year's class looks a lot thinner.