PDA

View Full Version : In breaking news: Paul Finebaum is an asshole!

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Talking about the, "Worst case scenario" for the SEC. "If Bama loses this weekend, LSU loses to Ole Miss, and UF loses to FSU, ....we could possibly have an SECCG to forget."

maroonmania
11-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Well all of that would pretty much guarantee no SEC team in the CFP.

RiverCityDawg
11-12-2015, 04:13 PM
The context is that it would likely result in a meaningless SECCG from a national perspective because the playoff would be out of reach. We obviously wouldn't forget it if we were in it, but for him as an SEC whore it would be disaster.

He is an a-hole but not because of this.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 04:27 PM
He is an a-hole because there is a way to say it would be bad for the SEC NC chances, without taking the extra step of saying it would be, "An SECCG to forget". He's supposed to be an SEC guy now, not an SEC Blueblood snob.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2015, 04:38 PM

I would think that would be the best thing ever. They would instantly starting next season expanding the CFP.

Beaver
11-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Paul is pretty straightforward with this kind of stuff though. He roots for SEC teams who have the best shot at making the playoff and/or driving ratings for his show. So of course he wants those 3 teams to win this weekend.

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2015, 04:57 PM
So what happens if we end up in it and beat UF. Barring some crazy LSU type luck, SEC would still probably be left out of the playoff.

dawgwood
11-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Bama ranked number two with one loss, ahead of undefeated Ohio State and Baylor. Its all in reach.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Paul is pretty straightforward with this kind of stuff though. He roots for SEC teams who have the best shot at making the playoff and/or driving ratings for his show. So of course he wants those 3 teams to win this weekend.

But again, he could have made the point without completely denigrating any SECCG that might have someone other than Bama or LSU in it. Playoff or not, an SECCG with someone other than Bama or LSU from the West would also be a pretty big deal. Hell, I'd argue an SECCG with us or even UNM would be one helluva headline, given how rare an occurrence it would be.

shannondawg
11-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Ive 'tried to watch his show, but he has made his living for so long with the Bama fans and every one of them had his number on speed dial. I can take just so much of that crap. A tammy might be funny one time, but a whole frigging show of folk like that is just too much for me.

Pollodawg
11-12-2015, 07:07 PM
People, Finebaum is basically an SEC shock jock. It's an Alabama based show, so guess who gets the lion's share of airtime. He will always push Bama and AU first, and if he can't push both, he'll peddle the one he can and find another SEC bigboy to latch on to. Teams like State, SC, UK, and Vandy will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to him.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Ive 'tried to watch his show, but he has made his living for so long with the Bama fans and every one of them had his number on speed dial. I can take just so much of that crap. A tammy might be funny one time, but a whole frigging show of folk like that is just too much for me.

And a large % of them seem to be dumb as rocks.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 07:28 PM

Here's what I find interesting. Looking at the schedules for the next 2 Saturdays, there is a decent chance 10 of the 16 teams ahead of us could lose at least once. If we beat Bama, then UPig, we'd have a great shot of moving into the Top 7, and would still have UNM. Getting into a 3-way tie with Bama & LSU is not a crazy idea now, so we could well find ourselves in the SECCG vs UF fives us another shot to move up, with B10, ACC & PAC12 with CG's that could go our way as well.

Let's say we win out, beating UF, 10 of those 16 teams ahead of us lose over the next 2 games (3 of those games feature head-to-heads with those 16 teams), then Clemson, Stanford and the B10 East champs lose in their CGs. We just might could sneak into the Top 4.