PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky starting to take notice of Howland

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 03:53 PM
These idiots still think Howland runs a slow-tempo offense though. They are headed for a rude awakening soon with MSU.

http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/howland-and-miss-st-land-another-one.129587/

SDDawg
11-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Bitches... For real.

messageboardsuperhero
11-12-2015, 08:27 PM
For a bunch of people who are supposed to know a lot about basketball, they don't really know anything about basketball. It also goes to show that there is a huge gap between the perception and the reality of how Howland finished his stint at UCLA.

He recruited well at UCLA also until the last few years.

Howland's last class there was ranking #1 in the country.

Doubt he'll win at the same clip because it's MSU vs. UCLA but he may be successful enough to have a good career.

Yeah, I hope he can maybe have an outside shot at having a little bit of success here too.**

I've seen Kiegler play in person. Good player not spectactular by any means but is a good role player who does his job well. Good pick up for them.

Good to know that Mario Kegler is a good role player- nothing more.**

As another said above, his teams prefer to play in the 60s and it's half court sets pretty much all the time. They are the opposite of a wide open or running style. It's just not very entertaining basketball.

His team played at the fastest pace in the Pac-12 his last year there.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 08:42 PM
For a bunch of people who are supposed to know a lot about basketball, they don't really know anything about basketball. It also goes to show that there is a huge gap between the perception and the reality of how Howland finished his stint at UCLA.

He recruited well at UCLA also until the last few years.

Howland's last class there was ranking #1 in the country.

Doubt he'll win at the same clip because it's MSU vs. UCLA but he may be successful enough to have a good career.

Yeah, I hope he can maybe have an outside shot at having a little bit of success here too.**

I've seen Kiegler play in person. Good player not spectactular by any means but is a good role player who does his job well. Good pick up for them.

Good to know that Mario Kegler is a good role player- nothing more.**

As another said above, his teams prefer to play in the 60s and it's half court sets pretty much all the time. They are the opposite of a wide open or running style. It's just not very entertaining basketball.

His team played at the fastest pace in the Pac-12 his last year there.

Howland's last team at UCLA went 25-10 and won the Pac12. Their best player Shabazz Muhammed broke his foot in the Pac12 tournament and UCLA got beat early in the NCAA tourney because of it. Howland had just signed the consensus #1 rated recruiting class too. Oh yea and they led the Pac-12 in scoring with a 74.4 ppg average. UCLA lost their damn minds firing him.

civildawg
11-12-2015, 08:56 PM
That thread is full of retard

MabenMaroon
11-12-2015, 09:01 PM
It will be all the more satisfying when we beat those douches a couple of times right off the bat. Going to love their whining and complaining that they can't get their normal 3 or 4 thousand tickets when they come to Starkville and are reduced to a couple of hundred tickets going to big blue.

KentuckyDawg13
11-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Wow, and all this time I thought UK fans knew more than the average fan about basketball.
Morons.

BrunswickDawg
11-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Wow, and all this time I thought UK fans knew more than the average fan about basketball.
Morons.

Their meth addled brains can only understand UK basketball, not other teams.

LC Dawg
11-13-2015, 10:35 AM
I think it's hilarious that they are talking about Howland's coaching ability. If their guy could coach they'd be working on their 4th or 5th consecutive championship.