PDA

View Full Version : Colts wave Josh Robinson

Wade Garrett
11-12-2015, 01:22 PM
http://blogs.colts.com/

mstatefan91
11-12-2015, 01:27 PM
I hate it for him, but it isn't surprising.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Wish he could play for us Saturday

klong-dog
11-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I saw all I wanted to see last year on that. And Bama's run D is only better. I'd like to have JRob the final two weeks. Esp against Arky.

AlmostPositive
11-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Yeah, he might have won us the LSU and A&M games, but probably a non-factor this Saturday.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Yeah, he might have won us the LSU and A&M games, but probably a non-factor this Saturday.

Exactly. J-Rob away from being undefeated.

SDDawg
11-12-2015, 02:05 PM
I hate it for him, looks like Gore had much more in the tank than many of us thought. Hope he gets at least one more opportunity.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Every time I saw him play for the Colts, he had pass pro problems.

LC Dawg
11-12-2015, 02:11 PM
I hate that for Robinson but I'm sure he'll get another shot somewhere.
In more positive news Matt Wells made the Rams practice squad this week.

Bubb Rubb
11-12-2015, 02:23 PM
I hate it for him, looks like Gore had much more in the tank than many of us thought. Hope he gets at least one more opportunity.

Gore isn't the problem. Bradshaw coming back is the problem. Bradshaw is a better fit for that offense - he was there last year, and is a better third down back.

Hopefully JRob catches on somewhere that's a better fit for his skill set.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 02:27 PM
I hate it for him, but it isn't surprising.

It's surprising to me since JRob opened the season as their #2 back. Saints just lost Khiry Robinson maybe they'll give JRob a chance.

thf24
11-12-2015, 02:28 PM

This is the reason. He let Luck get creamed at least once every time I tuned in to watch him. They gave him a shot, but you can't play RB in the NFL if you can't pass protect. Hate it for him, but not surprising.

dickiedawg
11-12-2015, 02:31 PM
I wish we could sign him, as others have said.

mstatefan91
11-12-2015, 02:38 PM
It's surprising to me since JRob opened the season as their #2 back. Saints just lost Khiry Robinson maybe they'll give JRob a chance.
You obviously haven't kept up with Colts football (not a knock against you), but this has been coming for a few weeks.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 02:39 PM
This is the reason. He let Luck get creamed at least once every time I tuned in to watch him. They gave him a shot, but you can't play RB in the NFL if you can't pass protect. Hate it for him, but not surprising.

Was JRob in the game when Luck got his spleen lacerated? Watch the Colts go undefeated with Hasselback. Andrew Luck is overrated. Luck has the worst QBR in the league on passes over 10 yards.

NCDawg
11-12-2015, 02:43 PM

He wasn't very good at pass protection in college, either. Thought maybe someone would have taught him better in the pros, or maybe he's just incapable of pass blocking well.

drunkernhelldawg
11-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I predict he'll be signed within 2 weeks. Probably less.

thf24
11-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Was JRob in the game when Luck got his spleen lacerated? Watch the Colts go undefeated with Hasselback. Andrew Luck is overrated. Luck has the worst QBR in the league on passes over 10 yards.

Luck isn't the point. He would have let guys run straight past him no matter who was behind him at QB. The point is JRob isn't presently good enough at pass pro to be more than a situational back in the NFL, which there isn't a lot of room for anymore.

He wasn't very good at pass protection in college, either. Thought maybe someone would have taught him better in the pros, or maybe he's just incapable of pass blocking well.

He seems to do ok if he has a clear assignment, but can't pick up a blitz. We could disguise it in college in our offense, but it's an absolute must in the NFL.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Luck isn't the point. He would have let guys run straight past him no matter who was behind him at QB. The point is JRob isn't presently good enough at pass pro to be more than a situational back in the NFL, which there isn't a lot of room for anymore.

He seems to do ok if he has a clear assignment, but can't pick up a blitz. We could disguise it in college in our offense, but it's an absolute must in the NFL.

That's what I saw. Somebody runs a stunt or sends a blitz from somewhere, and he was lost.

War Machine Dawg
11-12-2015, 03:30 PM

Actually, it was fumblitis. Had him on one of my fantasy teams as a sleeper. Ball security was why he fell down to 4th on the depth chart. He was initially the clear #2 to Gore.

ETA: Not saying pass pro wasn't an issue. But him coughing up the ball was the bigger problem, according to sources.

Bothrops
11-12-2015, 04:19 PM
He would have been phenomenal this year for us. He would have made A&M quit a week earlier.