PDA

View Full Version : Bama Week Q&A

BeastMan
11-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Me and Cadaver went back and forth with the biggest game of the year on deck.

http://3rdand57.com/key-msu-questions-bama-week/

Here are the questions we discussed:

1) What is the magic number our offense must score to beat the Tide on Saturday?

2) Much is being made of the Tide DL vs the MSU OL. How much does this matchup concern you and how will Mullen scheme to take pressure from his OL and protect Dak? Do we abandon the run altogether?

3) Derrick Henry has been an absolute freight train this season and this week Kenyan Drake will be back at full strength as well. MSU has a big DL and most would say they prefer this style of rushing attack vs a spread attack with quicker backs & outside runs. How do you see this Bama rushing attack matching up with our run defense and what is the key to slowing Henry down?

1) Last year we saw Mullen come out with a tight gameplay against the Tide where he ran up the middle to no avail early. Do you think he learned from that and comes out passing?

2) Alabama looked to be sky high emotionally for the huge game with LSU. Do you think they can replicate that energy for MSU or will the Bulldogs get a more beatable Tide?

3) Under Mullen we?ve seen the team rally after the deaths of Nick Bell and Peggy Prescott. With the recent tragic deaths of Keith Joseph Jr and Keith Joseph Sr, will MSU again rally and play with any extra juice?

BeastMan
11-12-2015, 12:02 PM
We also spanned the SEC is anyone is interested:

http://3rdand57.com/around-the-sec-week-11/

Ifyouonlyknew
11-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Me and Cadaver went back and forth with the biggest game of the year on deck.

http://3rdand57.com/key-msu-questions-bama-week/

Here are the questions we discussed:

1) What is the magic number our offense must score to beat the Tide on Saturday? 24

2) Much is being made of the Tide DL vs the MSU OL. How much does this matchup concern you and how will Mullen scheme to take pressure from his OL and protect Dak? Do we abandon the run altogether?I think the quick little pop passes to Ross help loosen up the defense & give our OL some confidence. You can't totally abandon the run but it's definitely not a focal point

3) Derrick Henry has been an absolute freight train this season and this week Kenyan Drake will be back at full strength as well. MSU has a big DL and most would say they prefer this style of rushing attack vs a spread attack with quicker backs & outside runs. How do you see this Bama rushing attack matching up with our run defense and what is the key to slowing Henry down? We usually do pretty well against these type of running teams. The key is to tackle well.

1) Last year we saw Mullen come out with a tight gameplay against the Tide where he ran up the middle to no avail early. Do you think he learned from that and comes out passing? Totally different gameplan this year for a totally different team but last year a lot of our biggest plays came from running up the middle. Dak & JRob biggest runs were up the gut. You do what you're successful at until someone forces you to adjust. We did & they stopped it so we adjusted.

2) Alabama looked to be sky high emotionally for the huge game with LSU. Do you think they can replicate that energy for MSU or will the Bulldogs get a more beatable Tide? Their energy level won't be as high but they realize what's at stake. We won't get a flat Bama

3) Under Mullen we?ve seen the team rally after the deaths of Nick Bell and Peggy Prescott. With the recent tragic deaths of Keith Joseph Jr and Keith Joseph Sr, will MSU again rally and play with any extra juice?I think it will give them a little extra energy but I don't think it will be a huge factor

Another good write up guys

TUSK
11-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Good work, gentlemen...

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Another good write up guys

I'm with you on this one. My biggest factors in this game is to confuse their OL with multiple stunts by our DL. Line Jefferson up at nose, have C Jones stand up on the end, etc. We take their OL out of their comfort zone and we have a chance to pressure Coker. Next, we need to wrap up Henry and make sure he doesn't move his shoulders downfield. On offense, we need to move the tempo with short passes. Keeping their defense on their heals will slow down Bama's pass rush. The only way to win this game is to win the chess match. We have to beat them mentally before we try and beat them physically.

RougeDawg
11-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Good write up. Only thing I noticed was Fournettes yards vs us. Think he has around 160 total. His 2nd lowest of the season after last week.

BeastMan
11-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Good write up. Only thing I noticed was Fournettes yards vs us. Think he has around 160 total. His 2nd lowest of the season after last week.

You're right. LSU had 266 as a team. I wrote that wrong and its fixed. LF had 159

tcdog70
11-12-2015, 03:40 PM
You would think with the Whipping Ohio St put on Bama --we might use the same game plan. Maybe Urban and Dan have talked.

Bama_Dawg
11-12-2015, 03:47 PM
You would think with the Whipping Ohio St put on Bama --we might use the same game plan. Maybe Urban and Dan have talked.

Sure they've talked, but can't use the same game plan. We don't have an Ezekiel Elliot (RB) to pick up 230 yards on the ground and 2 TDs.