PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the Run Defense...

TUSK
11-11-2015, 10:23 PM
What do yall think Diaz will/should do to improve/change up the run defense for this week's game?

msstate7
11-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Just show up... That'll be enough to shut you pansies down haha

Brando
11-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Make sure they tackle that beast of Henry. Cant shoulder swat at him. Too damn big.

TUSK
11-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Just show up... That'll be enough to shut you pansies down haha

I'm gonna incinerate you with my laser like stare.

msstate7
11-11-2015, 10:31 PM
We'll most likely stack the line and make Coker beat us. I worry about your screen game, roll out passes to te's, and Henry getting thru the stacked box for a long run.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 10:32 PM
What do yall think Diaz will/should do to improve/change up the run defense for this week's game?

We're only allowing like 3 yds per carry, which is near the top of the league. We're like 10th in yards per game in the league, but some of that is bending, so it doesn't bother me.

To me, our biggest concern is tackling. You can't have your first two tacklers miss Henry and hope the 3rd and 4th bring him down. We gotta hit and wrap up with the first man, Bc Bama does a great job blocking beyond first point of contact. Go low, and wrap that big ****er up before he gains a head of steam. Easier said than done, but Fournette would have had 75 yards rushing vs us if we had done even a decent job of wrapping up. Too many sissy shoulder tackles and trying to strip the ball...Tackle.

klong-dog
11-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I actually worry about Drake more. He's got more explosion off the los and I could see him being the x factor picking up several 3rd and 4 or 5's, with the draw or screen.

Barking 13
11-11-2015, 10:44 PM
I actually worry about Drake more. He's got more explosion off the los and I could see him being the x factor picking up several 3rd and 4 or 5's, with the draw or screen.

I said this the other day... they have to contain and wrap up

Mjoelner34
11-11-2015, 10:45 PM
We'll most likely stack the line and make Coker beat us. I worry about your screen game, roll out passes to te's, and Henry getting thru the stacked box for a long run.

^^^THIS^^^

klong-dog
11-11-2015, 10:47 PM
I did too and saying it again. Just as I said last year, I was worried about Sims and his running ability in crucial moments being a killer.

msstate7
11-11-2015, 11:04 PM
I did too and saying it again. Just as I said last year, I was worried about Sims and his running ability in crucial moments being a killer.

Coker has actually scrambled for some big first downs this year. We can't let that happen this week

TUSK
11-11-2015, 11:29 PM
I said this the other day... they have to contain and wrap up

yes, you did... I hope V Town is treatin' ya well, buddy...

PM me sometime.

TUSK
11-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Coker has actually scrambled for some big first downs this year. We can't let that happen this week

He's a really big cat too, MS7... you happen to see him smoke the Arkie DB or the LSU LB?

msstate7
11-11-2015, 11:49 PM
He's a really big cat too, MS7... you happen to see him smoke the Arkie DB or the LSU LB?

I've seen him deliver some punishment. I'd love for us to land a big shot on him... You guys forget to teach him to slide?

TUSK
11-12-2015, 12:11 AM
I've seen him deliver some punishment. I'd love for us to land a big shot on him... You guys forget to teach him to slide?

nope... he refuses to slide... says it a "p*ssy move"... it's his "bag" and I wish him well in that venture.

edit: "crazy move"... I just read between the lines...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/10/jake_coker_tells_you_why_he_th.html

ILOATHEBears
11-12-2015, 07:38 AM

He will watch what yall do and at halftime make an amazng adjustment that Saban can't believe and then our offense comes storming back to win!!

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Our guys have been really good at being in position to tackle for s short game. But tackling itself has been poor. It's gotten better the last couple games and it needs to keep improving.

Coach34
11-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Our guys are going to wear his legs out. We don't hit up high much

Dental Dawg33
11-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Corners have to come up and make plays when the run is bumped outside and on swing/dump passes out of the backfield. Hate not having Redmond, he was a pro at it. LBs gotta play lights out. Can't miss tackles, at worst wrap Henry's giant ass up and wait for help. Going to take a stellar performance from the D, but if they can get off the field on 3rd down and our Offense sustain drives to help keep them off the field, it'll be gooooood times in starkvegas