PDA

View Full Version : Was today signing day for baseball?

drummerdawg
11-11-2015, 09:13 PM
How did we do? Haven't seen much from our baseball or basketball twitter accounts regarding our signees. The om accounts were giving out info on everybody that signed with them today.

Harrydawg
11-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Yes, I'm no expert but we received many signatures from the cream of the crop in MS......
Somebody please post the list

Todd4State
11-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Walker Robbins- P/1B (Elite player) George County
Mitchell Miller- LHP (UA AA) Columbus, GA
Cole Whitman- LHP, Pelham AL
Riley Self- RHP (Elite player) Magnolia Heights
Denver McQuary- RHP Houston, MS
Douglas Ashcraft- RHP Huntsville, AL
Colin Holderman- RHP Heartland CC, Illinois
Trey Jolley- RHP Hinds CC/Pontotoc, MS (HUGE upside)

Dustin Skelton- C Magnolia Heights (Best catcher in MS the past last year)

Reed Smith- MIF Russellville, AL
Harrison Bragg- 3B Tacoma CC WA

Chase Goldman- OF/1B Temple CC, TX
Will Brooks- OF THE Madison Central, Madison MS
Hagan Severance- OF Brentwood, TN

drummerdawg
11-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Walker Robbins- P/1B (Elite player) George County
Mitchell Miller- LHP (UA AA) Columbus, GA
Cole Whitman- LHP, Pelham AL
Riley Self- RHP (Elite player) Magnolia Heights
Denver McQuary- RHP Houston, MS
Douglas Ashcraft- RHP Huntsville, AL
Colin Holderman- RHP Heartland CC, Illinois
Trey Jolley- RHP Hinds CC/Pontotoc, MS (HUGE upside)

Dustin Skelton- C Magnolia Heights (Best catcher in MS the past last year)

Reed Smith- MIF Russellville, AL
Harrison Bragg- 3B Tacoma CC WA

Chase Goldman- OF/1B Temple CC, TX
Will Brooks- OF THE Madison Central, Madison MS
Hagan Severance- OF Brentwood, TN

Now how does that compare to OM's signing class? I'm curious because my friend (OM guy) is bragging about their baseball class and I don't know much about ours. Thanks.

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah58/drummerdawg1/OM/om%20baseball%20signing%20day_zpsealyml4d.jpg (http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/drummerdawg1/media/OM/om%20baseball%20signing%20day_zpsealyml4d.jpg.html )

drummerdawg
11-12-2015, 06:32 PM
?

Todd4State
11-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Perfect Game has Ole Miss 9th and MSU 12th in the rankings. They have 5 of the top 100 players and we have 4. But that doesn't include our JUCO players and of course it is pre-draft so ask me again in July.

But as of now, I would say it's comparable and I'm pretty happy with our class aside from the fact that we seem to be relying too much on JUCO guys for power when I would prefer to bring in more guys like Rooker, Will Brooks, etc. Guys that will probably develop power over time. I'd like to see us signing only about 2 JUCO's a year as opposed to 4-6. And the JUCO's that we do recruit I would prefer that they are guys like Trey Jolley or Luke Reynolds- guys with a lot of upside as opposed to someone that we're hoping is an instant impact guy.

DogDaddy
11-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Perfect Game has Ole Miss 9th and MSU 12th in the rankings. They have 5 of the top 100 players and we have 4. But that doesn't include our JUCO players and of course it is pre-draft so ask me again in July.

But as of now, I would say it's comparable and I'm pretty happy with our class aside from the fact that we seem to be relying too much on JUCO guys for power when I would prefer to bring in more guys like Rooker, Will Brooks, etc. Guys that will probably develop power over time. I'd like to see us signing only about 2 JUCO's a year as opposed to 4-6. And the JUCO's that we do recruit I would prefer that they are guys like Trey Jolley or Luke Reynolds- guys with a lot of upside as opposed to someone that we're hoping is an instant impact guy.

My guess is the reason for the # JUCO guys is that it's possible that we could lose as many as 16 guys off the current roster to draft/graduation next year and the coaches feel like they need to have some more physically developed bodies to step in and contribute right away.

Graduation: Smith, Holland, Lovelady, Spruill, Waddell, Gentry

Potential Draftees: Robson, Collins, Humphreys, Rooker, Sexton, Hudson, Tatum, Houston, Brown, Lowe