PDA

View Full Version : Awesome tweet from Malik...

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 07:19 PM
@iammaliknewman: So far with recruiting I'm 3/3 😏

I love it

AlmostPositive
11-11-2015, 07:21 PM
They were supposed to MRI his turf toe today... I hope he's ready ready

TStationDawg
11-11-2015, 07:23 PM
those that are on that newfangled twitter machine....ask him if he expects to 4/4 after tomorrow!!!

msstate7
11-11-2015, 07:27 PM
It's awesome he helped with Kegler knowing he won't even get to play with Kegler. Malik is a bulldog, not a hired gun

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 07:34 PM
It's awesome he helped with Kegler knowing he won't even get to play with Kegler. Malik is a bulldog, not a hired gun

Yep that's why I loved the tweet so much. He wants MSU to be great, even after he's gone

bulldawg28
11-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Who says he won't play with them? I'm sure these guys are coming with an expectation to actually play aside Newman.

msstate7
11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Who says he won't play with them? I'm sure these guys are coming with an expectation to actually play aside Newman.

I think Newman is 1 and done

defiantdog
11-11-2015, 07:40 PM

No, Kegler knows he's a one and done. And Kegler is most likely a one and done.

Dawg61
11-11-2015, 07:41 PM

Maybe Howland will get the Lakers to draft Malik to return the favor ;)

msstate7
11-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Maybe Howland will get the Lakers to draft Malik to return the favor ;)

I'm hoping for Memphis, New Orleans, or atlanta. I want a reason to like the nba again and a local team having a bulldog would do that

Dawg61
11-11-2015, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping for Memphis, New Orleans, or atlanta. I want a reason to like the nba again and a local team having a bulldog would do that

I'm thinking bigger. You gotta think Howland made lots of connections with the Lakers while coaching Los Angeles favorite college basketball team for a decade. What if Malik ends up being NBA All-Star type good? I want MSU to be in the biggest spotlight possible with Malik. Imagine watching MSU's Malik Newman in Laker purple & gold on ABC Christmas Day dropping 35 on LeBron. I just skipped about a billion steps but my eyes are big right now.

Harrydawg
11-11-2015, 08:36 PM
It cannot be over stated the importance and talent of Malik Newman. As much as Howland, Newman was the perfect fit at the perfect time for MSU.

As much as MN wanted to be a dawg, he most likely would not have come under Ray. Howland and Newman were a match (wish) when the decision was made to fire Ray. Who knows, Howland may not have come if it weren't for the chance of getting Malik.....

We will have Malik Newman to thank for years for getting this program back on its' feet and it appears dominant much more quickly than any us could have imagined. Malik is so well liked and thought of (due to his talent on the court and goodness off it) by those national talents that played with him, MSU has hit the trifecta with him.

He will most likely be a one and done (unless he is injured) but the affects of him being here one year will be felt for many to come. He has been raised the right way......hats off to Horatio.

sleepy dawg
11-11-2015, 08:44 PM
It cannot be over stated the importance and talent of Malik Newman. As much as Howland, Newman was the perfect fit at the perfect time for MSU.

As much as MN wanted to be a dawg, he most likely would not have come under Ray. Howland and Newman were a match (wish) when the decision was made to fire Ray. Who knows, Howland may not have come if it weren't for the chance of getting Malik.....

We will have Malik Newman to thank for years for getting this program back on its' feet and it appears dominant much more quickly than any us could have imagined. Malik is so well liked and thought of (due to his talent on the court and goodness off it) by those national talents that played with him, MSU has hit the trifecta with him.

He will most likely be a one and done (unless he is injured) but the affects of him being here one year will be felt for many to come. He has been raised the right way......hats off to Horatio.

Good post. +1

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 09:44 PM

Bump for ^this^ great post. Well said.

Malik is a true fan favorite. Not just because he's a great player and seems to be a good dude...but because he came to a MSU program that most guys wouldn't come to, in hopes of reviving the program. It takes an unselfish and grounded guy to do something like that these days. I am already grateful for what this guy has done for our hoops program. I hope he kills it, is the #1 pick, and the greatest since MJ one day. I'm pulling for him.

Pollodawg
11-11-2015, 09:53 PM
He's the anti-Renardo Sydney. I know it's bad to beat a dead horse, but everything we wanted Sydney to be and he wasn't, Malik is ten fold. Sydney destroyed one era of MSU basketball. Malik will be in on the birth of a new one, one that we couldn't have dreamed of five years ago.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 10:11 PM
He's the anti-Renardo Sydney. I know it's bad to beat a dead horse, but everything we wanted Sydney to be and he wasn't, Malik is ten fold. Sydney destroyed one era of MSU basketball. Malik will be in on the birth of a new one, one that we couldn't have dreamed of five years ago.

+1

gravedigger
11-11-2015, 10:14 PM

Im with ya

klong-dog
11-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Yes

Mjoelner34
11-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Great post!

ScoobaDawg
11-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Send him to Dallas. I might have a reason to go or even watch a game... NBA is still at the bottom of bottom of sports I care to watch.

msstate7
11-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Send him to Dallas. I might have a reason to go or even watch a game... NBA is still at the bottom of bottom of sports I care to watch.

Yeah, I'm not a fan myself

RougeDawg
11-12-2015, 01:36 PM

For his sake not New Orleans. We must be getting something in the Gatorade that causes frailty and fragileness, because we have numerous injuries every season. A Davis is out with a hip bruise for who knows how long to go along with other injuries throughout the lineup. The Pelicans have more injuries per capita that the Saints.