PDA

View Full Version : interesting info on Davis

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Alex McCarthy ‏@akmccarthy 3h3 hours ago
Danny Fisher says on a radio interview that De'Ron Davis' decision "could come down to the last hour." #iubb

This has to favor us. If he is still deciding.

defiantdog
11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I think he already knows where he's going

BeardoMSU
11-11-2015, 06:34 PM
My buddy is dropping off a red backpack as we speak****

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Juicy Jumbos are back in the Hump!

Prepare thee for MoultrieKnee**

Dawgpile
11-11-2015, 07:05 PM

Indiana has been recruiting this guy forever, and he has some long-term relationships with their coaches. It sounds as if he's dropping hints to "let them down easy".

I agree it's very encouraging.

BeardoMSU
11-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Indiana has been recruiting this guy forever, and he has some long-term relationships with their coaches. It sounds as if he's dropping hints to "let them down easy".

That's gonna feel like a swift kick in the nuts.

smootness
11-11-2015, 07:10 PM

There are several different ways you can read stuff like this.

Maybe he's trying to let Indiana down easy. Maybe he appreciates the State coaches' effort and is trying to let them down easy. Maybe he really liked his visit to State but the more he thinks, the more the Indiana relationship wins out. Maybe his visit caused him to re-think things and the more he thinks, the more he loves the opportunity at State.

There's no way for us to know what any of it means. It's likely very few, if any, people will really know what he's going to do until he announces tomorrow. Any guessing until then is just that.

oldjoedawg
11-11-2015, 08:24 PM
There are several different ways you can read stuff like this.

Maybe he's trying to let Indiana down easy. Maybe he appreciates the State coaches' effort and is trying to let them down easy. Maybe he really liked his visit to State but the more he thinks, the more the Indiana relationship wins out. Maybe his visit caused him to re-think things and the more he thinks, the more he loves the opportunity at State.

There's no way for us to know what any of it means. It's likely very few, if any, people will really know what he's going to do until he announces tomorrow. Any guessing until then is just that.
COLD WATER ALERT!
Thanks for clearing that up, smootness......for a minute there I thought we had it figured out and were all going to allowed to dream a little....LOL

klong-dog
11-11-2015, 08:31 PM
At least we now have Kegler (officially) in his ear all night long working for us. But yeah, probably nothing new on that end. I think he knows where he's going, just preparing whichever staff it is, for the easier let down.

shannondawg
11-11-2015, 08:43 PM
AP's Dave Skretta just came out with an article listing coaches on the hot seat and Tom Crean is first on the list.

How about that for timing.....

RichardHarrow
11-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Have ya'll looked at Indiana's class vs ours? I cant speak for Davis, but if I was in his shoes, I know which team I'd rather play for.

smootness
11-11-2015, 08:57 PM
COLD WATER ALERT!
Thanks for clearing that up, smootness......for a minute there I thought we had it figured out and were all going to allowed to dream a little....LOL

Haha just trying to prepare people for the possibility he doesn't choose us. I don't want people launching themselves off buildings.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
AP's Dave Skretta just came out with an article listing coaches on the hot seat and Tom Crean is first on the list.

How about that for timing.....

Interesting. Davis may save his job for a few more years?.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Have you looked at their last few classes?That might cause you to re-think that last statement.

msugolf
11-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Davis might eventually end up at State regardless of tomorrow's result. After Crean is fired at the end of the year, Davis will be released from his scholarship. But knowing them I'm sure they'll block him from choosing us.

Maroonbulldog
11-12-2015, 09:34 AM

As long as the relationship has been w IU- for him to be split at the last minute tells me he is not sold on IU. The pause is a good sign for the Dawgs. Doesn't mean we get him but we should be in a great position

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 10:15 AM
FYI we aren't hearing the greatest things. Looks like its going to be MSU from our side, the visit and playing with Kegler and Herard seems to have excited Davis. Congrats.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 10:45 AM
nice try....We have pretty much come to grips that he is IU bound...

Ifyouonlyknew
11-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Nobody has any concrete info on De'ron. He hasn't told either staff his intentions so anybody saying this for certain 1 way or the other is just guessing hoping to be right.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Kegler was the chicken, Davis is just the gravy - but who doesn't love gravy?

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:05 AM
nice try....We have pretty much come to grips that he is IU bound...

Just letting you know whats been heard on our side. Sounds like a true 50/50 at the moment.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Just letting you know whats been heard on our side. Sounds like a true 50/50 at the moment.

you have a source for these rumblings?

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:34 AM
you have a source for these rumblings?

Not one that i can divulge.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 11:40 AM
exactly...thanks for playing

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:45 AM
exactly...thanks for playing

Is it customary for people to out their sources?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 11:48 AM
when noone knows for sure, one has to look for small hints. That hint for me is how Davis is retweeting IU fans now. One tweet in particular that he retweeted is one that was a poll that had IU 84% and MSU 16%.....

capofirstfret
11-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Is it customary for people to out their sources?

Not even a little. There are a lot of folks on this forum that love to rial folks up. You've handled it well!

Original48
11-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Maybe someone sent him a screen shot of that Grant Gelon character he would line up with who signed with IU yesterday..
http://247sports.com/Player/Grant-Gelon-85635

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Maybe someone sent him a screen shot of that Grant Gelon character he would line up with who signed with IU yesterday..
http://247sports.com/Player/Grant-Gelon-85635

No that kids a 4 year project. Davis would line up with our 5 star McD's AA center, our 5 star McD's AA SG, 4 star PG, and possibly 5 star McD's AA Thon Makur.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 12:08 PM
when noone knows for sure, one has to look for small hints. That hint for me is how Davis is retweeting IU fans now. One tweet in particular that he retweeted is one that was a poll that had IU 84% and MSU 16%.....

Meh doesn't mean much to me. I've seen kids retweet crap from schools before their decision only to have it go the other way. TJ leaf retweeted a lot of IU fan stuff before he announced to Arizona.

Maroons
11-12-2015, 12:52 PM
No that kids a 4 year project. Davis would line up with our 5 star McD's AA center, our 5 star McD's AA SG, 4 star PG, and possibly 5 star McD's AA Thon Makur.

Who's going to coach them?

smootness
11-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Meh doesn't mean much to me. I've seen kids retweet crap from schools before their decision only to have it go the other way. TJ leaf retweeted a lot of IU fan stuff before he announced to Arizona.

Yep, these kids retweet anything in which they're mentioned. They're just looking to get fans involved. Go look at Kegler's profile, and he retweeted all kinds of stuff from Indiana and Maryland fans before he announced. If anything, it's just a reflection of the ratio of tweets they're getting.

Heck, based on past evidence, the fact that he's retweeting so much Indiana stuff is actually a good sign for us.

GreenheadDawg
11-12-2015, 01:01 PM

If you are any indication of your fan base I would rather deal with Kentucky fans

smootness
11-12-2015, 01:02 PM
If you are any indication of your fan base I would rather deal with Kentucky fans

Haha the guy actually hasn't been bad at all. There's always a chance he's trolling, but it seems like he's come here to genuinely discuss Davis with us. What has he said that's so bad? Of course he's going to defend his own school.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Who's going to coach them?

It won't be Bobby Knight

engie
11-12-2015, 01:09 PM

Maker. Thon Maker. And you aren't getting him.