PDA

View Full Version : Bo Wallace was more Butt Hurt than even we thought

Spiderman
11-11-2015, 06:11 PM
over Dak being a preseason All-SEC pick last year.

From Billy Watkin's book "Bo"...............

The media voted Auburn's Nick Marshall 1st team All-SEC, and State's Dak Prescott 2nd team.

"That's total bullshit", Wallace said," Marshall deserves it. The dude has paid his dues and won a bunch of games, took Auburn to the national championship game. But Dak Prescott...... if we play anywhere near our potential last November, we aren't even having this conversation. But because they beat us in overtime and he came off the bench in the fourth quarter, and then put up a bunch of numbers against Rice in the freaking Liberty bowl, now he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

Now, I will admit, after reading the book, I could have a lot of respect for Bo, except for this crybaby passage. I understand being motivated by it, but you don't crybay bitch and whine about it to a reporter.

SDDawg
11-11-2015, 06:14 PM
3 points in the Peach Bowl Bo. Your legacy was cemented for sure...

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Last time he was that mad was when he ran out of conditioner.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Goods stuff. Thanks

I actually don't have a problem with this and believe it's this attitude that actually made Bo a fairly effective SEC QB. He's extremely competitive and has a gunslinger mentality. Plus, at the time that Bo said this some media members were questioning Dak as well. I have no doubt that Bo would have a different opinion about Dak today, but, after seeing Jeremy Johnson's dumpster fire this year, it get what Wallace is saying.

Spiderman
11-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Goods stuff. Thanks

I actually don't have a problem with this and believe it's this attitude that actually made Bo a fairly effective SEC QB. He's extremely competitive and has a gunslinger mentality. Plus, at the time that Bo said this some media members were questioning Dak as well. I have no doubt that Bo would have a different opinion about Dak today, but, after seeing Jeremy Johnson's dumpster fire this year, it get what Wallace is saying.

Yep, I hope Dak is as motivated as Bo was. I'll give the asshol;e credit, he told Watkins they would beat State and Bama. Only 2 games he guaranteed all season. He was gutty playing us.

There was a lot of difference in realistic expectations between Dak & Johnson. Only people that didn't know football would have thought Johnson would be All SEC

NYDawg
11-11-2015, 06:28 PM
This from the guy who was gifted the Connerly ahead of Johnthan freaking Banks the same year he won the Thorpe.

Sacrifice
11-11-2015, 06:30 PM
More proof Bo went to the right school.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Delete

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 06:37 PM
What a bitch.

mstatefan91
11-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a cry baby bitch to me any way you want to slice it.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Goods stuff. Thanks

In my best David Webster "Don't salute the Germans" voice: Don't defend the Rebel.

Thompson92
11-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I don't take those types of comments seriously from dudes that drive five hours to get their hair done.
Another reason why last year's Egg Bowl was so frustrating. I was looking forward to seeing him get knocked down a few more times.

BeardoMSU
11-11-2015, 07:02 PM
In my best David Webster "Don't salute the Germans" voice: Don't defend the Rebel.

Great BoB reference, Liverpool.

smootness
11-11-2015, 07:15 PM
"But because they beat us in overtime and he came off the bench in the fourth quarter, and then put up a bunch of numbers against Rice in the freaking Liberty bowl, now he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

"Meanwhile, I played all four quarters and still couldn't do enough to beat a guy who only came off the bench in the fourth quarter, then put up far worse numbers in the freaking BBVA Compass Bowl."

Spiderman
11-11-2015, 07:16 PM
I don't take those types of comments seriously from dudes that drive five hours to get their hair done.
Another reason why last year's Egg Bowl was so frustrating. I was looking forward to seeing him get knocked down a few more times.

love or hate him, he beat our asses twice. Why we didn't knock him on his ass is Collins' fault. For whatever reason, although I expect it was because he an Florida were already talking and he was more concerned with that. I think that was why Dan was so pissed and called out the D coaches postgame.

I hope Dak can return the favor.

Churchill
11-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Hey Bo you two can decide who`s the best some Sunday when your NFL teams meet **

DanDority
11-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Well, wasn't he 2 for 3 against us?

Spiderman
11-11-2015, 08:24 PM

Yep, that's why i love me some Relf... 3-0 vs those bastards.

Anybody got a clue where he is today?

Jack Lambert
11-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Personally after seeing his last photo, I think he likes taking it up the butt and RN might be the one giving it to him.

mic
11-11-2015, 08:38 PM
David Johnson just CB'd the book #1 to the New York Time best sellers ....

Mjoelner34
11-11-2015, 08:46 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/tflynt66/jack_zpscplahfyb.jpg

DownwardDawg
11-11-2015, 08:56 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/tflynt66/jack_zpscplahfyb.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MedDawg
11-11-2015, 09:13 PM

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2015, 09:17 PM
You must spread reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner again.

Coach34
11-11-2015, 09:27 PM

he did have 2 home Egg Bowls

lastmajordog
11-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Where is a cocky UNM frat boy to punch out arrogant QB's when you need them. Coach agreed on the two egg bowl wins but I think whoever called the off. plays those two games gift wrapped both of them, and whoever called the def plays gave him the second one....jmho

notsofarawaydawg
11-12-2015, 09:22 AM
And just who in the NFL drafted this prick? ********

BulldogBear
11-12-2015, 09:32 AM
You must spread reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner again.

Yep

RougeDawg
11-12-2015, 09:36 AM
he did have 2 home Egg Bowls

And the benefit of our DC in each of those games already thinking about their next job and bringing in a shit gameplan.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Bo and Kellenberger are peas in a pod. Both tried to put the brakes on the Dak train. "Heisman stuff is just talk" until Dak became the consensus #1 for several weeks.

Thompson92
11-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Bo and Kellenberger are peas in a pod. Both tried to put the brakes on the Dak train. "Heisman stuff is just talk" until Dak became the consensus #1 for several weeks.

Don't let that pesky "success on the field" get in the way of some High-Quality Print Journalism.***

Johnson85
11-12-2015, 10:25 AM
This explains good bo and bad bo. He had a ridiculously distorted view of his talents.

On the plus side, his ridiculous lack of awareness allowed him to play with a lot of confidence and when things went his way he was able to play well over his head. On the negative side, his confidence was overconfidence and led him to make a lot of stupid decisions.

I've played with people in different sports like that and it's incredibly frustrating. But the one game highs were higher, even if it was a disadvantage 75% of the time. For UM's team at the time, he was actually a perfect fit. You have several non-competitive games each year anyway where you can afford a stupid QB and he always had a Moncreif and/or Treadwell or Engram that could bail him out of a lot of bad decisions. Him playing smart and steady would have likely made them play better on average while at the same time winning fewer games.

Bothrops
11-12-2015, 10:41 AM
He's a bitch, that's all.

MadDawg
11-12-2015, 10:43 AM

Yep. The home team usually wins.