PDA

View Full Version : Great write up on Dak...

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 04:03 PM
In one evening, Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott gained access to two notable clubs. Playing at Missouri last Thursday, operating in conditions that were more fit for a canoe, Prescott became the 10th SEC player to account for more than 10,000 yards and just the sixth SEC quarterback to score at least 100 touchdowns.

And no one seemed to care.

Of course you care, Starkville. This is your guy. But collectively, college football has decided to overlook a spectacular quarterback and career at a time when dominance at the position is limited.

This season, Prescott has scored 25 touchdowns and thrown just one interception. He?s led the Bulldogs to seven wins, despite watching a wealth of talent depart the program over the past few seasons. He is the team?s leading passer and leading rusher?having done much of the damage on the ground with defenders hanging on his back or around his legs.

So why aren't we talking about him?

Prescott's lack of popularity is a product of two issues. First, he plays for a program that is not typically embraced nationally. That?s not an insult to Mississippi State; it?s simply a reality of the way the school is covered.

Perhaps more damning, Prescott is not regarded as a surefire, can?t-miss NFL quarterback prospect by most draftniks. As a result of this perceived ceiling, people might not be as likely to watch him work.

All of that changes this week. Playing Alabama, people will be required to tune in once more. They might be watching to see what Alabama has in store for an encore, but Prescott will enjoy at least one final grand stage.

But don't just make it a point to watch Prescott just because he's playing Alabama. Carve out time over the next few weeks to watch one of the most productive quarterbacks the SEC has seen go to work in his final collegiate games.

He?s earned it, and no matter how I try to shape it, the true greatness of Prescott likely won't be fully appreciated until he's gone.

Surprisingly this was on Bleacher Report. Hell of a write up by Adam Kramer

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2587942-bleacher-reports-college-football-ultimate-guide-to-week-11

BrunswickDawg
11-11-2015, 04:14 PM
I just have a feeling that we are about to see some special football over the next 4 weeks.

Dawgtini
11-11-2015, 04:32 PM
I just have a feeling that we are about to see some special football over the next 4 weeks.

ISWYDT .. HailState!

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2015, 04:38 PM
This is similar to how the Yankees and Red Sox hog all the MLB coverage or how the Cowboys, Eagles, etc take all the coverage and the Lakers in the NBA. The truth is that MSU is a small market team that doesn't have the quantity of beat writers for attention to be focused on them. We are the Kansas City Royals or Oakland As of the SEC. Dak will earn his this weekend

RougeDawg
11-11-2015, 08:43 PM
This is similar to how the Yankees and Red Sox hog all the MLB coverage or how the Cowboys, Eagles, etc take all the coverage and the Lakers in the NBA. The truth is that MSU is a small market team that doesn't have the quantity of beat writers for attention to be focused on them. We are the Kansas City Royals or Oakland As of the SEC. Dak will earn his this weekend

Quantity, quality, or both?

Harrydawg
11-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting this......indeed this seems to be a situation set up, almost planned.

Time to deliver......

Statefan
11-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Dak has probably played in like 30 games now. His college career is coming to an end, but he is about as experienced and polished at this point as he is ever going to be in an MSU uniform. I have faith that he gets it done this weekend if the line just gives him a bit of time to work

Dental Dawg33
11-12-2015, 09:38 AM

^^This