PDA

View Full Version : X Factor

justwin
11-11-2015, 09:39 AM
since we've talked about our team and this game at length, what is everyone's X Factor to get the win?

for a while, I thought it was playing at 2:30 since we play better during the day and Mullen dislikes the late night starts. Now, I think it's Donald Gray making a few contested catches for 1st downs or big gains is going to be the difference.

what say you?

missouridawg
11-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Offensive line. If we give Dak time to get through his reads, we will win. We can hold them to less than 24. We just have to score more than that.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Dak needs to make some non scripted plays with his legs. Like drops back, pocket breaks down, and then he runs for 30 yards or so. We need a couple of these to keep Bama from dropping into their full cover package the entire day.

TrapGame
11-11-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm saying Bear. He will make at least two freakish, Sports Center highlight catches to put us in scoring position in the red zone.

TXDawg
11-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I think it's Dak making plays with his legs. As mentioned above, he'll have to make some plays with his legs to keep Bama's defense honest. If he can do that, he should have plenty of time to shred their secondary.

Mjoelner34
11-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Line play. Both offensive and defensive.

Offensive line: Keep Dak upright.

Defensive line: Keep Henry from staying upright. (don't let him get up a head of steam with first contact being 5 yards downfield)

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2015, 10:41 AM
I think our WRs will have to play lights out. Against Bama, you must consistently make catches in traffic & fight for the ball.

Even when there is no chance for you to catch the ball, you still must fight & keep them from picking it off. Our WRs must play physical & attack the football at it's highest point.

CJDAWG85
11-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Malik Dear and Gabe Myles.

If these 2 get going, it will open everything up offensively and Bama will be guessing.

LC Dawg
11-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I know it's not the sexy pick but special teams could play a huge role in this game. Bama is going to have some drives on us. It would be nice if we hold them to a field goal and turn around and get a good return and a short field for Dak. Having Dear back should help. We need Logan Cooke to have a huge game for us and keep them pinned back with long fields all day. It would be nice to have some big punt returns but I'll be happy with just catching the ball cleanly. If we get a chance for a field goal we need to hit it because points won't be easy to come by. The biggest part of special teams is that we must tackle well and not let them have any big plays.

RAYn_Man
11-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Derunnya being targeted more than 10 times. Feed the man.

dawgwood
11-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Dear and Myles

shoeless joe
11-11-2015, 11:16 AM
No drops

A dropped pass cost us dearly last yr, and the previous yr as well. catch the easy ones you're supposed to catch.

MabenMaroon
11-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Gotta make the plays when the opportunity arises. No missed tackles on their scrambling qb on third and long, no drops by receivers when they are open (no drops by db's when the interception is there to be made ), no penalties when in the red zone and make that tackle for a loss when the ball carrier is in your grasp. Execute our plays with fundamental soundness, don't miss assignments and/or try to be a hero just do your job and we will win going away.

defiantdog
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Get Dak time to throw and stop Henry.

JoseBrown
11-11-2015, 02:22 PM
We know all the obvious things we want to see work for us to win. On an X factor though, I'm gonna say our young safeties. If we get some pressure on Coker and put him in the tough situations we want him in. I think we'll see some big plays by our young safeties. Their size, speed, athleticism and experience I think will show up big Saturday.

Dental Dawg33
11-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Zero Turnovers by the Dawgs....

Offensive X Factor: O-line giving Dak time. Do this, and we will be able to move the ball at will

Defensive X Factor: Front 7 have to stop Henry before he gets a full head of steam, don't let Drake loose on the outside, and DON'T MISS TACKLES

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Defense:

Get off the field on 3rd down.

Offense:

OL's gotta pass block

Maroons
11-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Have to win one-on-one match-ups at the skill positions on both sides of the ball.

deltadawg99
11-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Defense - Chris Jones. This is the money game for jones. RN was a big reason Henry couldn't get going vs OM. Need jones to have a similar impact

Offense - Dak and the OL are obvious. I think Donald Gray could be huge in this game. Bama will key on Bear and Ross leaving one on one matchups with everybody else. Gray has a chance to be a special player and this could be a big stage to show it.

Special Teams - Logan Cook. He's got ability but is inconsistent. We need the Logan Cook that played against auburn not the one from A&m. Pinning bama back could really play a big part in the upset.

lastmajordog
11-11-2015, 04:47 PM
"Against Bama, you must consistently make catches in traffic & fight for the ball. "

I hate to be Captain Obvious but it seems to me 4 or 5 extra 3rd down catches would mean at least two more mid field MSU advances. that giving maybe two more shots at scoring plus keeping Bama in the hole much like they did the Dogs last year. And fighting for and catching the ball with their HANDS would be a big part of that.

IMissJack
11-11-2015, 08:04 PM
We can't have turnovers and need to get 2.

raymond21
11-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Malik Dear and Gabe Myles.

If these 2 get going, it will open everything up offensively and Bama will be guessing.

We will not see Dear nor Lee play on Saturday

Maroonthirteen
11-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Ex-lax in their Gatorade. Someone get on it....its our only hope.

Protect Dak. No turnovers for us and many turnovers by them. Same recipe as any MSU upset of a sec big boy.

MabenMaroon
11-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Ex-lax in their Gatorade. Someone get on it....its our only hope.

Protect Dak. No turnovers for us and many turnovers by them. Same recipe as any MSU upset of a sec big boy.

I was gong to say, lace their Gatorade with sugar free gummy bears, much more violent than Ex-lax.

sleepy dawg
11-11-2015, 09:10 PM
O-line, and in particular the pass block (so RB blocking too). Everyone talks about being balanced, but our strength is the pass. We must be able to pass the ball and give Dak time to make a read in order to have a chance.

I don't think our run game will be good enough to matter, and I think our D slows them down, but won't stop them.

Aquadawg
11-12-2015, 08:51 AM
I think it's Dak making plays with his legs. As mentioned above, he'll have to make some plays with his legs to keep Bama's defense honest. If he can do that, he should have plenty of time to shred their secondary.

We are going to see a lot of m on m coverage because UA knows and fears Dak's ability to tuck it and run. Weather Dak runs or not they are going to account for him which will force m on m coverage. Our chances ride on our reliever beating the coverage and making the catch. It also requires Dak to be on target. These three things coming together brings us the win.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-12-2015, 09:28 AM
X-Factor: The Refs
We are currently 7th in the nation in penalties per game. We're averaging 4.1 overall, with 4.5 at home and 3.8 on the road.
Bama is ranked 91st with 7.7 penalties per game. They are averaging 7.0 overall, with 6.3 at home and 8.3 on the road.