PDA

View Full Version : Fingers Crossed

Doc
11-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Doesn't Malik Newman's cast/boot come off today. Supposed to have an MRI to confirm healing. Season success could be riding on outcome.

mstatefan91
11-11-2015, 09:15 AM
It came off yesterday. Game time decision.

KentuckyDawg13
11-11-2015, 09:32 AM
While I too hope Malik is good to go, I think it is a stretch to suggest the season's success will be affected by it. Howland has been coaching up all of our players, and sounds like Q is a lot better than most of us knew about. If Malik is still not good to go, he will be delayed some before he is...which may postpone his NBA plans ironically while helping MSU in the long run (next season). I hope it doesn't happen for Malik's sake, as he has a gift and should be rewarded for it. But sometimes, things don't go exactly as planned. Life is all about timing, and the timing of this situation is what it is.

Go Dawgs!

Doesn't Malik Newman's cast/boot come off today. Supposed to have an MRI to confirm healing. Season success could be riding on outcome.

HoopsCoach21
11-11-2015, 09:50 AM
While I too hope Malik is good to go, I think it is a stretch to suggest the season's success will be affected by it. Howland has been coaching up all of our players, and sounds like Q is a lot better than most of us knew about. If Malik is still not good to go, he will be delayed some before he is...which may postpone his NBA plans ironically while helping MSU in the long run (next season). I hope it doesn't happen for Malik's sake, as he has a gift and should be rewarded for it. But sometimes, things don't go exactly as planned. Life is all about timing, and the timing of this situation is what it is.

Go Dawgs!

Let's not get too carried away here. Malik has turf toe, and a mild case of it from what I read. He's a game time decision for the FIRST game, its not like he's missing a large portion of the season. He's not coming back next year, just prepare yourself for that. We will be fine though. Howland is recruiting an unbelievable class that should get even better in a few hours.