PDA

View Full Version : Team 10- the Texas A&M Aggies

Coach34
07-30-2013, 12:32 PM
11-2 last year
HC- Kevin Sumlin (2nd season)
Co-OC's- Clarence McKinney (last year's RB coach) and Jake Spavital (comes over from WV)
DC- Mark Snyder

Starters returning offense- 5 1/2 (QB, WR, RB, 2 1/2 on the OL)
Starters returning defense- 5 (DE, DT, WLB, CB, SS)

schedule:

Rice
Sam Houston St
Bama
SMU
@UPig
Open
@Ole Miss
Auburn
Vandy
UTEP
State
Open
@LSU
@Mizzou

They have an absolute dream schedule by SEC standards. The Bama game early will decide the West. They also get the week off before traveling to OM. If they beat Bama, they can still win the West with a loss at LSU late in the season most likely.

They lost some damn talent last season- but there is still plenty left. I'm convinced now that Mike Sherman is a shitty head coach but a hellacious recruiter. Sumlin fell into a gold mine.

They have 2 future 1st round picks on the OL, a Heisman winner at QB...a draft pick at RB...and lots of star talent at WR...only question offensively is at Offensive Coordinator....defensively they have questions and it looks to be the 5th best unit in the West at best. If they play any defense, this team should be 11-1 or 10-2 at the worst.

mstate68
07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
10-2 if Johnny's head is right.
8-4 if this offseason stuff ****s with his mind and affects his play.

Will James
07-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Mike McCarthy

Mike Sherman. Both Packers coaches, easy mistake.

Looks like Johnny is going into meltdown territory. His dad is saying he drinks because of stress, might end up in jail. Like the Bears, TAMU regresses. But it's easy to regress off of an 11 win season.

Even with Mr. Football's issues they still have a cupcake schedule. 9-3: L's to ALA, LSU, and Mississippi State. Possible loss to Mizz on the road

The Croom Diaries
07-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Their schedule is gift wrapped almost as pretty as Bama's. It all depends on Manziel. Their D-line looks like the worst in the SEC and LBs is close. They aren't going to win anything on defense. If they can somehow beat Bama, which I don't think they will, they will win the West.

But I'm predicting a loss to Bama and LSU plus faltering in at least one other game due to Manziel either being hurt or not having a good game.

9-3 (5-3)

PMDawg
07-30-2013, 02:09 PM
One Loss. LSU

mic
07-30-2013, 02:30 PM
10-2 (6-2) Easy schedule.. They may upset LSU but I think someone gets them that shouldn't.. That game at Oxford bothers me.. I wish we had them at home this year..

Dawg61
07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
10-2 (6-2)

Bullmutt
07-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Agree D61.

Rick Danko
07-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Mike Sherman. Both Packers coaches, easy mistake.

Looks like Johnny is going into meltdown territory. His dad is saying he drinks because of stress, might end up in jail. Like the Bears, TAMU regresses. But it's easy to regress off of an 11 win season.

Even with Mr. Football's issues they still have a cupcake schedule. 9-3: L's to ALA, LSU, and Mississippi State. Possible loss to Mizz on the road

I just have to ask... What part of the cluster **** you watched last year at home gives you some sense of us going to College Station and coming out with a win. I'm all in hopes of this but just would like some idea of what makes you think this will happen.

FISHDAWG
07-31-2013, 11:42 AM
9 & 3 ... no better than that

Coach34
07-31-2013, 11:59 AM
I just have to ask... What part of the cluster **** you watched last year at home gives you some sense of us going to College Station and coming out with a win. I'm all in hopes of this but just would like some idea of what makes you think this will happen.

Cant speak for Will, but I'd guess:

1. We wont be as flat as last year. I dont think it's possible to be more flat
2. A&M's defensive front is going to struggle some
3. Johnny Wildcard- who knows how this sideshow turns out

Now, I dont think we will beat A&M in College Station at this point either- but I do expect a better showing because of our OL vs their DL

Rick Danko
07-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Cant speak for Will, but I'd guess:

1. We wont be as flat as last year. I dont think it's possible to be more flat
2. A&M's defensive front is going to struggle some
3. Johnny Wildcard- who knows how this sideshow turns out

Now, I dont think we will beat A&M in College Station at this point either- but I do expect a better showing because of our OL vs their DL

All good points and good insight. It is true you cannot base this game on last year and I suppose I should not have thrown that in there. Your first comment I hope and pray is spot on because we would be hard pressed to look worse than last year out of the gate.

That said, unfortunately I think this will be a very hard challenge for us and one I cannot see ending good. I will say though I would gladly eat crow if wrong.

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 05:56 PM
9-3