PDA

View Full Version : Amari Cooper

PassInterference
11-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Which one of our DCs was it that allowed Cooper to line up on one of our lesser DBs in the endzone in Tuscaloosa? Was that Manny?

BeardoMSU
11-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Which one of our DCs was it that allowed Cooper to line up on one of our lesser DBs in the endzone in Tuscaloosa? Was that Manny?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/mustangman65_79/Meme/1295503721242.jpg

AFDawg
11-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Manny? Geez. C'mon, man.

mstatefan91
11-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Please think about what you just asked...

BeardoMSU
11-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Maybe PI hit the sauce a little early today....

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:11 PM
You mean Collins letting Hughes guard him one on one? Ugh. Nightmares.

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Or were you talking about a midget against Alshon jeffrey? That would be Wilson

Original48
11-10-2015, 08:22 PM
This is what I was thinking. Should have been fired on the spot. UN. BE. LIEVABLE.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-10-2015, 08:24 PM

Broomfield was covering him on like the 5 yard line. Didn't have a chance.

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Broomfield was covering him on like the 5 yard line. Didn't have a chance.

That would be the midget. Nice player but no shot as you said.

BeardoMSU
11-10-2015, 08:26 PM

I don't know if I'd classify Broomfield as a "midget", but your point remains. Banks had been locking him up all day, and the play where it mattered most, Banks was on the other side of the field. What...the....****....? I remember seeing them come to the los and noticing Cory on AJ, and just screaming, SWITCH! SWITCH! SWITCH!

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:30 PM
I don't know if I'd classify Broomfield as a "midget", but your point remains. Banks had been locking him up all day, and the play where it mattered most, Banks was on the other side of the field. What...the....****....? I remember seeing them come to the los and noticing Cory on AJ, and just screaming, SWITCH! SWITCH! SWITCH!

Broomfield was 5'10 tops. He was giving up 5" to Jeffrey. And yes we agree it was a total screw up by Wilson. I love the guy but that was major blunder.

BeardoMSU
11-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Broomfield was 5'10 tops. He was giving up 5" to Jeffrey.

Yeah, I think most CB's in college football are ca. that height, tho. Banks at 6'2" is more of the outlier. I think it's less about Broom's height, as it was his coverage skills....they weren't very good. Same thing with Jay Hughes, IMO....

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I think most CB's in college football are ca. that height, tho. Banks at 6'2" is more of the outlier. I think it's less about Broom's height, as it was his coverage skills....they weren't very good. Same thing with Jay Hughes, IMO....

The point is, we HAD a 6'2" corner. And Broomfield probably was more like 5'9". He would be the smallest corner we have now w exception of graham by 2" And Broomfield wasn't a bad corner. He was way to small for a jumpball situation.

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:53 PM

The point is, we HAD a 6'2" corner. And Broomfield probably was more like 5'9". He would be the smallest corner we have now w exception of graham by 2" And Broomfield wasn't a bad corner. He was way to small for a jumpball situation.

TUSK
11-10-2015, 09:01 PM
with Redmond out, who is yalls top guy "cover corner wise"?

I'm curious as to how yall think Diaz will defend vs Ridley...

PassInterference
11-10-2015, 09:12 PM
with Redmond out, who is yalls top guy "cover corner wise"?

I'm curious as to how yall think Diaz will defend vs Ridley...

Calhoun. He's not a huge step down from Redmond, except there's only one Calhoun.

Now we got three freshmen and a WR convert in the secondary.

People talk about stopping Henry, but I think we are more vulnerable to tag pass. Manny better work up some wizard shit.

Covercorner2
11-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Calhoun. He's not a huge step down from Redmond, except there's only one Calhoun.

People talk about stopping Henry, but I think we are more vulnerable to tag pass. Manny better work up some wizard shit.

Cleveland and Jiles aren't freshman...

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 09:20 PM

I think there is a pretty big gap between Redmond and Calhoun as far as pure man cover skills. Not to diminish Calhoun as a player. Also, we never have 3 fr on the field at once and graham is still just out 4th cb. If Coker beats us, so be it.

TUSK
11-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks. Redmond made me covet...

badass.

mstatefan91
11-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Coker won't beat us. Henry and Drake are who we need to worry about. We have to have sure tackling this weekend. Nick James and Chris Jones have to shut down the interior and the corners/safeties are gonna have to come up big on the edges when they bounce Drake outside. Granted, Richie is a ball hawk. Not the greatest speed but takes great angles.

On offense, we have to spread the ball out and keep them honest with some kind of running plays or Saban will be content to drop 8 into coverage.

Todd4State
11-10-2015, 10:43 PM

I'm not sure why a lot of coaches seem to not put their best CB on the other teams top WR when they are in the slot a lot of the time. That's one reason why I would like to see Bear in the slot some.

TUSK
11-10-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure why a lot of coaches seem to not put their best CB on the other teams top WR when they are in the slot a lot of the time. That's one reason why I would like to see Bear in the slot some.

Ah... excellent point, Todd... I think that's one thing Kiffen does well for Bammer... Cooper, Sims, Howard, Ridley, ETC line up in the slot POS....

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Coker won't beat us. Henry and Drake are who we need to worry about. We have to have sure tackling this weekend. Nick James and Chris Jones have to shut down the interior and the corners/safeties are gonna have to come up big on the edges when they bounce Drake outside. Granted, Richie is a ball hawk. Not the greatest speed but takes great angles.

On offense, we have to spread the ball out and keep them honest with some kind of running plays or Saban will be content to drop 8 into coverage.

I pray to God they drop 8 in coverage....that's not near as worrisome as the pressure....

Todd4State
11-10-2015, 10:50 PM
I pray to God they drop 8 in coverage....that's not near as worrisome as the pressure....

If they drop 8 Dak WILL beat them with his legs.

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Saban isn't so stupid as to drop 8 consistently. Too hard to cover w no pressure- assuming we can block 3!!

mstatefan91
11-10-2015, 10:54 PM

I was exaggerating but at any rate, the OL is gonna have to have their best game to date.

TUSK
11-10-2015, 10:56 PM

8 in coverage would be an anomaly, homedawg... SOP is 3 down and on D&D situations putting JACK LB with a hand in the dirt.

Bammer DL will twist a lot, but I've not noticed a great deal of "heavy" numbers committed to the QB rush...

If I had to take a stab, I'd say 3 to 4 rushing with 2 to 3 LBs (occassional blitz) and Five DBs... with the safeties pressuring hard...

FISHDAWG
11-11-2015, 08:42 AM

I've got that beat ... move Dak to Tailback, let Fitz play under center, bring in Staley and Shump ....and run the wishbone **