PDA

View Full Version : De'Ron Davis

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-10-2015, 04:02 PM
link (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/11/10/msu-gained-serious-ground-deron-davis/75527064/)

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM
"The 6-foot-9.5, 235 pounder has long been considered a heavy IU lean. Even Trailblazers' coach Danny Fisher felt that way prior to his star player's on-campus visit.

Now, things aren't as cut and dry.

"At first I really thought Indiana was comfortably in the lead but talking to (Davis) on Sunday night, he's at a completely different place in terms of I don't even know if he has anybody that's out front right now," Fisher said. "I would think Indiana would have a slight edge because of the length of their commitment to him. ... But like I said, Mississippi State gained some serious ground over this last weekend.""

sounds like all IU has going for them is about 2000 stalkerish twitter warriors & the fact that they recruited him first

the way this has played out with the timing of everything gives me a good feeling:
IU leads for Davis > Herard commits > Davis & Ado visit State > Kegler sets announcment Wednesday > Davis sets announcement for Thursday > no clear leader & things go quiet

Coach34
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Kegler and Davis to State

CadaverDawg
11-10-2015, 05:34 PM

IU fans are growing more and more confident by the minute on Davis. They've all but conceded Kegler

msstate7
11-10-2015, 05:37 PM
What about ado?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Steve Robertson just said Davis to IU and Kegler to State on a post on Facebook

msstate7
11-10-2015, 05:53 PM

Hell year, I want Kegler. Of course, I wanted Davis, but we still landed a great player. Great job, howland

maroonmania
11-10-2015, 05:56 PM

Does this mean we will get Davis and lose Kegler??***

engie
11-10-2015, 06:28 PM

Stands to reason this would be right. But I have a sneaking suspicion Steve, given their De'Vinner history, actually knows little about what's really going on with our basketball recruiting...

SDDawg
11-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Davis is in the boat...

CadaverDawg
11-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Gonna be fun watching this play out

turkish
11-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Gonna be fun watching this play out
Indeed!

Hattdawg
11-10-2015, 07:08 PM
My opinion is we will see Mario choose us tomorrow then at the last minute Davis flips to us but lose Ado.

defiantdog
11-10-2015, 07:27 PM
My opinion is we will see Mario choose us tomorrow then at the last minute Davis flips to us but lose Ado.

I see Ado choosing us now. I thought he was Auburn bound until he made his visit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Isn't Steve associated with Gene though? And don't Gene cover these announcements?

Homedawg
11-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Steve is awful. His prediction rate is worse than that. He might get this one right. But that would up his correct rate to somewhere near 25%. He'll everyone has Kegler coming here. That's not hard.

defiantdog
11-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Steve is awful. His prediction rate is worse than that. He might get this one right. But that would up his correct rate to somewhere near 25%. He'll everyone has Kegler coming here. That's not hard.
He's throwing shit at the wall now to see if it sticks and say, "I told you so." Nothing against Steve, but no one knows except for The recruits and their families.

YazooDawg23
11-11-2015, 10:18 AM
I get the feeling from reading the Davis' coach's quotes that he is trying to let Indiana down easy. It is like that he is scared to tell them that he is signing with State.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 10:24 AM
If I was an expert on 247 now...I would change my pick to MSU for Davis now even If I predicted IU just to make the IU fans go nuts.

Coach34
11-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 11:19 AM
still going with it huh? ha

msstate7
11-11-2015, 12:03 PM
When can they sign?

engie
11-11-2015, 12:05 PM
When can they sign?

Now

msstate7
11-11-2015, 12:09 PM
NowAny signatures yet?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Any signatures yet?

Eli Wright

I seen it dawg
11-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Kegler, Davis, Ado to state

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 02:01 PM
prediction or inside info?

defiantdog
11-11-2015, 02:02 PM
prediction or inside info?

He's seen it

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
YES!! Nostradamus!!

Hoosier
11-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Indian fan here. FYI we are hearing Indiana ahead by a bit for Davis, its not for certain and wouldn't be a surprise if he opts for MSU but things are pointing towards Indiana. Kegler is obviously yours and we were never really in the hunt. You got a good one in Howland as he can obviously recruit. Will be interesting to see what he turns MSU into. Wish we could get coach like that for Indiana football.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Wondering when you guys would show up! BTW your Inside the Hall editor is ignorant as hell. I have really felt deep down that Davis was IU and Kegler was State. Its been exciting though for sure.

Hoosier
11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Wondering when you guys would show up! BTW your Inside the Hall editor is ignorant as hell. I have really felt deep down that Davis was IU and Kegler was State. Its been exciting though for sure.

Had to check what he says as i don't get on Insidethehall much. Not sure of your facilities and Starkville but i'm sure its similar when we got the occasional 4 star in football a few years back. No tradition, no fan support was thrown around quite often. It is what it is.

smootness
11-11-2015, 02:40 PM
I posted this on the wrong thread, so as some potentially good news:

Seventh Woods, top-50 bball recruit: 80% CB on 247 for South Carolina, both national Scout guys picked South Carolina; Woods picked North Carolina.

De'Ron Davis, top-50 bball recruit: 86% CB on 247 for Indiana, both national Scout guys picked Indiana; we'll see...

Just shows that on top basketball recruits, sometimes these guys don't know much of anything.

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Holy hell. I'm accustomed to the occasional person coming over to talk about an upcoming football game. Never thought I would see a fan of another school (especially non-SEC) coming over to talk basketball recruiting. Amazing how far we have come just with the hiring of a new coach.

Hoosier
11-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Holy hell. I'm accustomed to the occasional person coming over to talk about an upcoming football game. Never thought I would see a fan of another school (especially non-SEC) coming over to talk basketball recruiting. Amazing how far we have come just with the hiring of a new coach.

Never thought I'd be here to find basketball recruiting info. Crazy times we live in.

Coach34
11-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Davis to State

smootness
11-11-2015, 02:55 PM
I thought it was interesting that in Kegler's commitment article, Ohmar Carter mentioned playing with Herard and possibly Ado but didn't mention the possibility of Davis. Could be a sign, or could be nothing.

Coach34
11-11-2015, 03:12 PM
I thought it was interesting that in Kegler's commitment article, Ohmar Carter mentioned playing with Herard and possibly Ado but didn't mention the possibility of Davis. Could be a sign, or could be nothing.

No doubt something could have changed since Friday- its recruiting. But Friday- it was "Davis to State".

Dawg61
11-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Indian fan here.

Are you a fan of dead Indians?

Dawg61
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Had to check what he says as i don't get on Insidethehall much. Not sure of your facilities and Starkville but i'm sure its similar when we got the occasional 4 star in football a few years back. No tradition, no fan support was thrown around quite often. It is what it is.

MSU basketball hasn't been shit for forever like Indiana football. There's no comparison between the two. Thanks for tickling our balls though. Fire your InsideTheHall douche or we are all going on a hunger strike. Except C34. He'd only last two hours.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Sorry, comparing your football history to our basketball history ain't gonna happen. We've got a far superior basketball history than your football history. Don't let the Rick Ray years fool you.

BeardoMSU
11-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Sorry, comparing your football history to our basketball history ain't gonna happen. We've got a far superior basketball history than your football history. Don't let the Rick Ray years fool you.

Yeah, no ****ing shit.

We've been to a final 4. That's essentially the football equivalence of a BCS/New Years Six bowl. We've won the SEC numerous times, most recently being 2003/04 (not even counting all the West banners). How many times has Indiana's football team reached bowl eligibility in the last hundred years? I don't know how many 20 win seasons we had in the 2000's, but I'd bet it far surpassed the number of bowl games IU has gone to.

defiantdog
11-11-2015, 05:29 PM

You've never seen SEC facilities before have you? We aren't a one trick pony school like Indiana. We have new and upgraded facilities for multiple sports. No tradition, no fan support? Stay in your bubble. Indiana hasn't won a championship since '87. None of the current recruits were even alive then. Indiana basketball is like Notre Dame football. You claim all of this tradition, but you haven't done anything but create disappointment in the last few decades. Keep holding on to that tradition. Go watch your team get destroyed by Michigan State and Wisconsin..... it is what it is.

maroonmania
11-11-2015, 05:36 PM
No doubt something could have changed since Friday- its recruiting. But Friday- it was "Davis to State".

Well dang coach, thought you were getting real time info. 5 days in recruiting before signing day is an eternity.

defiantdog
11-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Yeah, no ****ing shit.

We've been to a final 4. That's essentially the football equivalence of a BCS/New Years Six bowl. We've won the SEC numerous times, most recently being 2003/04 (not even counting all the West banners). How many times has Indiana's football team reached bowl eligibility in the last hundred years? I don't know how many 20 win seasons we had in the 2000's, but I'd bet it far surpassed the number of bowl games IU has gone to.

Indiana has had eight 20 win seasons since 2000..... State has had nine. But Indiana fans will blame their lack luster success in the 2000s because of Kelvin Sampson. But your answer on bowl games is one. Indiana went to one bowl game in the 2000s and lost. They've only been to 9 bowl games in their entire existence compared to the eighteen we have gone to.

I seen it dawg
11-11-2015, 05:47 PM

This board knows it its shit. Don't come up in here with that weak no knowledge bullshit. You don't know shit. If you're gonna come in here and be from some other school you better come in with some kind of idea what you are talking about. I'm gonna let you stay so we can get your reaction when we get Davis.

TStationDawg
11-11-2015, 05:54 PM
I seen it dawg. Game. Set. Match.

blacklistedbully
11-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Damn, guys, y'all are being pretty harsh on the Hoosier. Let's cut him a little slack. I don't think he was trying to be a dick, he just didn't know much about our program's history. Why would someone spend much time doing that.

He just made a common mistake in that he went with incorrect perception. Can't we just correct the record for him politely and show him we are decent, welcoming folks over here, unless provoked?

BeardoMSU
11-11-2015, 06:05 PM
unless provoked?

He compared our basketball program with their football. Thems fighin' words. I've seen people get their dicks kicked in for far less an offense....

Dawg61
11-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Damn, guys, y'all are being pretty harsh on the Hoosier. Let's cut him a little slack. I don't think he was trying to be a dick, he just didn't know much about our program's history. Why would someone spend much time doing that.

He just made a common mistake in that he went with incorrect perception. Can't we just correct the record for him politely and show him we are decent, welcoming folks over here, unless provoked?

We'll be cordial once he beats the shit outta the InsideTheHall Douche. If we were Mizzou he'd have to get the IU president to resign so he's getting off lightly here for his initiation. Btw Indiana guy if you're going to speak here you must also post lots of pics of your 1 Miss America winner.

CadaverDawg
11-11-2015, 06:43 PM
This board knows it its shit. Don't come up in here with that weak no knowledge bullshit. You don't know shit. If you're gonna come in here and be from some other school you better come in with some kind of idea what you are talking about. I'm gonna let you stay so we can get your reaction when we get Davis.

http://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com/asset/voices/2015/02/27/14478726/denzel_boom-500x217.gif

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I think the guy on here is the InsideTheHall douche??ha

State82
11-11-2015, 07:27 PM

I seen it just flipped the mic and strolled off stage

archdog
11-11-2015, 07:53 PM

Yeah, and he or she is on Our messageboard. He probably should do at least 5 minutes researching our history and facilities before posting.

Dawg61
11-11-2015, 08:02 PM
I think the guy on here is the InsideTheHall douche??ha

Please let this be true

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 09:19 AM
MSU basketball hasn't been shit for forever like Indiana football. There's no comparison between the two. Thanks for tickling our balls though. Fire your InsideTheHall douche or we are all going on a hunger strike. Except C34. He'd only last two hours.

Yeah, no ****ing shit.

You've never seen SEC facilities before have you? We aren't a one trick pony school like Indiana. We have new and upgraded facilities for multiple sports. No tradition, no fan support? Stay in your bubble. Indiana hasn't won a championship since '87. None of the current recruits were even alive then. Indiana basketball is like Notre Dame football. You claim all of this tradition, but you haven't done anything but create disappointment in the last few decades. Keep holding on to that tradition. Go watch your team get destroyed by Michigan State and Wisconsin..... it is what it is.

Indiana has had eight 20 win seasons since 2000..... State has had nine. But Indiana fans will blame their lack luster success in the 2000s because of Kelvin Sampson. But your answer on bowl games is one. Indiana went to one bowl game in the 2000s and lost. They've only been to 9 bowl games in their entire existence compared to the eighteen we have gone to.

Well quite the welcoming. My point wasn't to compare your basketball program to our football program. When i mentioned tradition and fan support, referring to what Bozich said, i based it off of numbers, 1 final 4, 3 sweet 16's, 9 tournament appearances and a 10k capacity gym that you all averaged 7kish last year? So he kind of has a point with the tradition and fan support comments, but did say i've never been to starkville or seen your facilities so that i couldn't comment on those. For reference we have 8 final 4s, 21 sweet 16's, 38 tournament appearances and a 17k capacity gym that averages almost 17k, not to mention we are putting almost $50mil into it this winter.

Now i know i'm on your turf but feel the need to educate a few. 20win seasons in the SEC with your typical OOC schedule isn't much to brag about, its like an AAC or Big East football school boasting their 6 win season. The 20 win stat since 2000 is cute but in that time span IU has 2 B1G titles, 2 sweet 16's and a runner up, MSU has 1 SEC title when UK was down. So lets not act like MSU has been better the past 15 years. BTW MSU basketball has 9 tournament appearances, Indiana has been to 9 bowl games, thats the telling stat to me. Don't even get me started on the difference between SEC basketball and B1G football. Tough to try and rank different programs from different sports, basketball is a much different game with the tournament were, as its done many times, can let some smaller schools win when they get hot. Football isn't like that, its too physical to allow it to happen on the same scale as the NCAAT. With all that said your basketball program is in much better shape, and seems prime to make that next jump.

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Well quite the welcoming. My point wasn't to compare your basketball program to our football program. When i mentioned tradition and fan support, referring to what Bozich said, i based it off of numbers, 1 final 4, 3 sweet 16's, 9 tournament appearances and a 10k capacity gym that you all averaged 7kish last year? So he kind of has a point with the tradition and fan support comments, but did say i've never been to starkville or seen your facilities so that i couldn't comment on those. For reference we have 8 final 4s, 21 sweet 16's, 38 tournament appearances and a 17k capacity gym that averages almost 17k, not to mention we are putting almost $50mil into it this winter.

Now i know i'm on your turf but feel the need to educate a few. 20win seasons in the SEC with your typical OOC schedule isn't much to brag about, its like an AAC or Big East football school boasting their 6 win season. The 20 win stat since 2000 is cute but in that time span IU has 2 B1G titles, 2 sweet 16's and a runner up, MSU has 1 SEC title when UK was down. So lets not act like MSU has been better the past 15 years. BTW MSU basketball has 9 tournament appearances, Indiana has been to 9 bowl games, thats the telling stat to me. Don't even get me started on the difference between SEC basketball and B1G football. Tough to try and rank different programs from different sports, basketball is a much different game with the tournament were, as its done many times, can let some smaller schools win when they get hot. Football isn't like that, its too physical to allow it to happen on the same scale as the NCAAT. With all that said your basketball program is in much better shape, and seems prime to make that next jump.

You barely beat Bellarmine (sounds like an all girls catholic school) at home in front of your 17K faithful. Doesn't look promising for the great Hoosiers. Good luck with your season though. Hopefully Tom can keep your powerhouse Hoosiers out of jail this year.

jumbo
11-12-2015, 09:45 AM

who's going to coach your team next year?

Boodawg
11-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Indian fan here. FYI we are hearing Indiana ahead by a bit for Davis, its not for certain and wouldn't be a surprise if he opts for MSU but things are pointing towards Indiana. Kegler is obviously yours and we were never really in the hunt. You got a good one in Howland as he can obviously recruit. Will be interesting to see what he turns MSU into. Wish we could get coach like that for Indiana football.

Well at least you didn't come on this board and claim that you never really wanted Kegler, like some other team north of Starkville would have claimed.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 09:53 AM
You barely beat Bellarmine (sounds like an all girls catholic school) at home in front of your 17K faithful. Doesn't look promising for the great Hoosiers. Good luck with your season though. Hopefully Tom can keep your powerhouse Hoosiers out of jail this year.

You talking about the exhibition game against a top 5 D2 school that we barely won by 11pts, a game we were up by 15 at half, and at one point was 27-7 with 5min to go in the 1st half? The one were 2 starters only got 15 minutes each along with our 6th man? The one we played the entire bench plus walkons? Are we talking about the same game?

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 09:54 AM
who's going to coach your team next year?

Hopefully Brad Stevens :D but honestly likely Crean still unless he has a terrible year.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Well at least you didn't come on this board and claim that you never really wanted Kegler, like some other team north of Starkville would have claimed.

He would have been nice to have for sure but again not sure we were really ever in it. Not exactly a must have recruit for us, Davis on the other hand could possibly be. He'd be nice to have next year at the 4 along side Thomas Bryant.

Thick
11-12-2015, 10:05 AM
The kid you signed as your fallback from Kegler had a very weak offer list. The only big school wa IU. Looks like a Rick Ray signee.

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 10:07 AM
You talking about the exhibition game against a top 5 D2 school that we barely won by 11pts, a game we were up by 15 at half, and at one point was 27-7 with 5min to go in the 1st half? The one were 2 starters only got 15 minutes each along with our 6th man? The one we played the entire bench plus walkons? Are we talking about the same game?

Damn, I thought we wore blinders when talking about our team. You take it to an all new level.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Fallback? You mean the instate kid that committed 3 months ago? Not a fallback at all, just a kid who will play 4 years, we will likely have a 5 man class so there's plenty of room. BTW we are starting to hear Davis to MSU more and more. Congrats on getting Davis, a huge gut punch for us as Crean has been on him for over 4 years. Good luck on your upcoming year.

Dawg Corps
11-12-2015, 10:12 AM
All all B1G fans so civil and cordial? I've seen more rise out of bearshart fans who can't even type complete sentences.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Damn, I thought we wore blinders when talking about our team. You take it to an all new level.

Not sure if you aren't familiar with basketball or not but did you read its an exhibition game? Did you not read 3 of our main rotation guys including 2 starers only had 15minutes. Exhibition games are meant to test out things, get plenty of kids PT, not try your best to demolish a d2 school.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Congrats on getting Davis, a huge gut punch for us as Crean has been on him for over 4 years. Good luck on your upcoming year.

Thats weird...we are hearing the opposite..

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Not sure if you aren't familiar with basketball or not but did you read its an exhibition game? Did you not read 3 of our main rotation guys including 2 starers only had 15minutes. Exhibition games are meant to test out things, get plenty of kids PT, not try your best to demolish a d2 school.

Hoosier, believe it or not, the, "welcome" you're getting is the board tentatively accepting you, and challenging you to spar. We only do that to new posters we think we can have some fun with. This board likes to test your mettle, see if you have any balls.

Give as good as you get without being a dick and you're, "In like Flynn" over here.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2015, 10:44 AM

Tell that to your boy Bozich. He's the douche that was trying to bash our "exhibition" crowd. So don't bring that shit here about it "only being an exhibition game".

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Tell that to your boy Bozich. He's the douche that was trying to bash our "exhibition" crowd. So don't bring that shit here about it "only being an exhibition game".

His point was fan support not the actual play. You had how many at the exhibition? We had 15kish.... Again he has a point regarding tradition and fan support, the numbers support it.

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 10:59 AM
His point was fan support not the actual play. You had how many at the exhibition? We had 15kish.... Again he has a point regarding tradition and fan support, the numbers support it.
Nebraska has killer fan support and tradition in football, yet they aren't attracting 4* players anymore. Fan support and tradition is nice, but when it's all you got..... You're in trouble.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Nebraska has killer fan support and tradition in football, yet they aren't attracting 4* players anymore. Fan support and tradition is nice, but when it's all you got..... You're in trouble.

Uhm they have several 4 stars already committed and its only November.

DCdawg
11-12-2015, 11:10 AM

I can see the tradition argument (though MSU's Final 4 appearance was only four years before IU's last). The fan argument is dumb. In 2014, IU had about 26,000 more students enrolled than MSU. Indiana as a state has double the population of Mississippi and is surrounded by states on every side that are more populated and have more disposable income. That combined with football and baseball being the dominant sport of choice in MS make it pretty obvious why more people attend games.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:14 AM
I can see the tradition argument (though MSU's Final 4 appearance was only four years before IU's last). The fan argument is dumb. In 2014, IU had about 26,000 more students enrolled than MSU. Indiana as a state has double the population of Mississippi and is surrounded by states on every side that are more populated and have more disposable income. That combined with football and baseball being the dominant sport of choice in MS make it pretty obvious why more people attend games.

Tradition isn't a past 10 or 20 years, its decades of basketball. The tradition part is spot on, 9 tournament appearances doesn't smell like tradition. Indiana is purely a basketball state, a basketball school, that was Bozich's point. No reason to get upset over the truth, now that doesn't mean that you guys didn't make a great hire and have a bright future. Again it is what it is.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 11:15 AM

Indiana bragging about 15k at their EXHIBITION game is like Alabama bragging about 90k at their spring game. It's more pathetic than anything else.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Tradition isn't a past 10 or 20 years, its decades of basketball. The tradition part is spot on, 9 tournament appearances doesn't smell like tradition. Indiana is purely a basketball state, a basketball school, that was Bozich's point. No reason to get upset over the truth, now that doesn't mean that you guys didn't make a great hire and have a bright future. Again it is what it is.

How about you start comparing Indiana post Bob Knight to MSU with Ben Howland because that's really what it needs to be. Your success in basketball left when you fired Bob Knight. Your one final four after he left was with his players. I love that you can go on forever boasting how awesome IU's basketball tradition is and never mention once the reason for it. That reason is BOB KNIGHT. He gone and your basketball prominence left with him.

DCdawg
11-12-2015, 11:22 AM

On that tradition note, Army has 3 Heisman winners in their history (same as Auburn, UF, FSU, and Michigan), and they are killing it lately.

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Indiana bragging about 15k at their EXHIBITION game is like Alabama bragging about 90k at their spring game. It's more pathetic than anything else.

The difference is Alabama has room to brag

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:29 AM
How about you start comparing Indiana post Bob Knight to MSU with Ben Howland because that's really what it needs to be. Your success in basketball left when you fired Bob Knight. Your one final four after he left was with his players. I love that you can go on forever boasting how awesome IU's basketball tradition is and never mention once the reason for it. That reason is BOB KNIGHT. He gone and your basketball prominence left with him.

Well if its like that Indiana has been to a title game a few sweet 16's a few B1G titles, won hundreds of games and MSU hasn't even won a single game. BTW we had 2 national championships before Bobby Knight.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Who's bragging? I merely used it to explain my point.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:31 AM
On that tradition note, Army has 3 Heisman winners in their history (same as Auburn, UF, FSU, and Michigan), and they are killing it lately.

What does that have to do with MSU's lack of tradition? Look i get you all taking offense to a guy taking shots at your program but don't act like they're baseless comments.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 11:37 AM

Then I suppose you consider Minnesota's football program a more attractive place than say Michigan State today?

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Then I suppose you consider Minnesota's football program a more attractive place than say Michigan State today?

Man you all are really starting to reach. I'll ask one question, was Bozich wrong in saying MSU basketball has little basketball tradition and fan support?

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Well if its like that Indiana has been to a title game a few sweet 16's a few B1G titles, won hundreds of games and MSU hasn't even won a single game. BTW we had 2 national championships before Bobby Knight.

Exactly. Ben Howland hasn't coached a single game that counts for us and yet he's still taking your ass to the woodshed in recruiting. Think about that for awhile. You fired your basketball tradition. Ours is just getting started. So you'll be missing Bob Knight days for the next twenty years while we will be enjoying every single day of Howland for however long he wants to stay.

QuadrupleOption
11-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Does MSU have the tradition of Indiana in basketball?

No.

But, we have top-flight facilities, good fan support, some tradition of our own, a history of being competitive in our conference, a fair amount of NCAA tourney appearances, multiple winning seasons prior to Rick Ray's tenure, an excellent coaching staff, warm winter weather (for the most part), hot women, a nice campus, and a mid-size (for Mississippi) town that's all-in for MSU.

It's not like we totally suck and everything is terrible here. I think the bozo that twittered the insults last week has left a lot of folks around here in a fightin' mood.

But Hoosier, you are okay by me. I like Indiana basketball and hope to achieve a tradition that matches y'all some day. And I believe that our tradition of being nationally competitive starts now.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Man you all are really starting to reach. I'll ask one question, was Bozich wrong in saying MSU basketball has little basketball tradition and fan support?

You fired your tradition. Come to grips with that already. You are now about sixth in the B1G pecking order today for basketball.

Michigan State
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Maryland
Michigan
Indiana

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 12:03 PM
Exactly. Ben Howland hasn't coached a single game that counts for us and yet he's still taking your ass to the woodshed in recruiting. Think about that for awhile. You fired your basketball tradition. Ours is just getting started. So you'll be missing Bob Knight days for the next twenty years while we will be enjoying every single day of Howland for however long he wants to stay.

You've gotten several 4 stars which is great for MSU, but its still early in the basketball recruiting world, we've had a McD's AA in each of our last 5 classes. Already have a 4 star Guard, possibly adding Davis, along with being in on Bruce Brown and Thon Makur. You haven't even played a game under howland and you're already beating your chest over recruiting. I get your excited considering your past tradition, but might be time to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

thf24
11-12-2015, 12:08 PM

We fill up a 10,500 seat arena for conference games when we're decent. We're not on par with you as far as fan support, I don't think anyone rational is trying to argue that, but I'd venture to guess that we're way above average in that area. Definitely above average in our conference and region. We don't have longstanding tradition throughout college basketball history, but I'd say that we're also above average over the past 20 years.

preachermatt83
11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
You've gotten several 4 stars which is great for MSU, but its still early in the basketball recruiting world, we've had a McD's AA in each of our last 5 classes. Already have a 4 star Guard, possibly adding Davis, along with being in on Bruce Brown and Thon Makur. You haven't even played a game under howland and you're already beating your chest over recruiting. I get your excited considering your past tradition, but might be time to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

So u recruit great and ur team still sux. Congrats!

dickiedawg
11-12-2015, 12:11 PM
I take much more offense to the lack of tradition comments than the lack of fan support comments.
The past several years fan support has been utter shit to mirror the product on the floor. Last year, a "good" crowd was breaking 4k butts in the seats (Ole Miss and Kentucky games excepted). It goes back further than the Rick Ray era, too. Since our record crowd against Kentucky in 2010, we've broken the 10k mark exactly ONCE and that was in 2012 against Ole Miss. I'm told we've had "sellouts" since, but to me a true sellout is 10,000 plus.
As for tradition, we hold our own in hoops. Obviously not relative to Indiana, but in the SEC next to Kentucky there really aren't schools that can look too far down their noses at MSU historically.

drummerdawg
11-12-2015, 12:12 PM

Yes he was wrong in saying that. Before the 1970's it was pretty much us and Kentucky being the big dogs in SEC basketball. Yes our basketball program went to sleep for the most part in two decades in the 70's and 80's but before then and after State has had a solid program. You need to understand too that State wasn't allowed to go to the NCAAT and our first trip the players had to sneak out of the state to play. If State was allowed to play in the tournament back then we would have many more NCAAT appearances and probably a NC. So when you look at only 9 NCAAT appearances, yea it doesn't look like much but there is a reason for that. If State was able to go to the tournament back then we might not have had those bad years in the 70s and 80s. Is our history on the same level as Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina? No, but we still have tradition at MSU. Up until Rick Ray was hired we packed the Hump regularly and we may not seat 15K but 10K+ in rural small town Starkville Ms is pretty impressive. Don't let the Ray years fool you.

engie
11-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Yes he was wrong. He took a shot at facilities which he knows nothing about and Davis basically called that in post visit interviews. When taking a shot, getting anything wrong causes the stuff that was gotten right not to be taken seriously. We are coming off a few bad seasons, no doubt. And a few marginal and embarrassing ones before that. Run the records over most of our lifetimes and you will find us easily in the top half of the SEC in most metrics. We've been better than our postseason accomplishments imply. That was part of the deal with us running our all-time winningest coach out of town in another 20 win season.

What I suspect is the mean age of this website came though school when football was a disaster and we were a very good basketball program competing for the league more often than not. Our arena is not fancy -- but it's one of the toughest places to play in the country when we are good. Ask the players from the Florida championship teams...

engie
11-12-2015, 12:36 PM

Listing pie-in-the-sky targets doesn't help your position at all. If your roster is so great -- why is your team so bad? When did Crean actually out recruit Howland last?

We are about to sign 6 or 7 4*s in this class. You keep talking "early" in recruiting. Maybe so for you -- but we will be effectively done and moving on to the 2017 class after Ado's decision next week. We have 2 4* legacy locks in the next class and 3 4-5* legacy locks in 2018. So, after 18 months on the job in the town that Bozich talked smack about -- Howland will have signed a 5*, 9 or 10 4*s, and a heavily recruited transfer.

Malik Newman
Aric Holman
Quinndary Weatherspoon
Transfer Xavian Stapleton

Mario Kegler
Schneider Herard
Lamar Peters
Tyson Carter
Eli Wright
?Davis?
?Ado?

Nick Weatherspoon
Harrison Brooks

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 12:37 PM

How is this reaching? Minnesota has 6 NC's and 18 B10 Conference Championships. Michigan State has 4 & 10. If you're not willing to concede that recent history is more relevant to this discussion than all-time, then you just don't get it.

Do you think any recruits today look at Minnesota and think, "Damn, 18 CC's and 6 NC's! Their tradition is so much better than Michigan State's. If I go there, I've got a 50% better chance of winning a NC, and an 80% better chance of winning a CC."?

If you are willing to accept that a certain amount of recent history makes sense, then it's a matter of how far back it makes sense. For instance, if we look at the past 20 years, it looks like this:

Final Fours - Indy 1, MSU 1
E8 - Indy 1, MSU 1
S16 - Indy 3, MSU 2
NCAA appearances - Indy 15, MSU 8
Conference Championships - Indy 2, MSU 1 (MSU also has 3 Conference Tourney Champs)

Even if you knock it down to past 10 years, which hurts us more than you it's:
S16 - Indy 3, MSU 0
NCAA Appearances - 6, MSU 3
CC - Indy 1, MSU 0 (But 1 SEC Tourney Champ)

And I promise you, we have been shafted in games vs UK where the SEC protected them and sacrificed us.

Bottom line is, from a recruit's POV, when evaluating the status of the programs today, there's not a whole lotta difference in recent past, and MSU now has Howland, fantastic facilities, and a better incoming class. While IU has better attendance, wait and see how much attendance we start to get with the way things are headed. 17k capacity vs 10k capacity isn't going to make that much difference to a player if both places are packed and rowdy.

Maroon_and_white
11-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Listing pie-in-the-sky targets doesn't help your position at all. If your roster is so great -- why is your team so bad? When did Crean actually out recruit Howland last?

We are about to sign 6 or 7 4*s in this class. You keep talking "early" in recruiting. Maybe so for you -- but we will be effectively done and moving on to the 2017 class after Ado's decision next week. We have 2 4* legacy locks in the next class and 3 4-5* legacy locks in 2018. So, after 18 months on the job in the town that Bozich talked smack about -- Howland will have signed a 5*, 9 or 10 4*s, and a heavily recruited transfer.

Malik Newman
Aric Holman
Quinndary Weatherspoon
Transfer Xavian Stapleton

Mario Kegler
Schneider Herard
Lamar Peters
Tyson Carter
Eli Wright
?Davis?
?Ado?

Nick Weatherspoon
Harrison Brooks

Robert Woodard

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
How is this reaching? Minnesota has 6 NC's and 18 B10 Conference Championships. Michigan State has 4 & 10. If you're not willing to concede that recent history is more relevant to this discussion than all-time, then you just don't get it.

Do you think any recruits today look at Minnesota and think, "Damn, 18 CC's and 6 NC's! Their tradition is so much better than Michigan State's. If I go there, I've got a 50% better chance of winning a NC, and an 80% better chance of winning a CC."?

If you are willing to accept that a certain amount of recent history makes sense, then it's a matter of how far back it makes sense. For instance, if we look at the past 20 years, it looks like this:

E8 - Indy 1, MSU 1
S16 - Indy 3, MSU 2
Conference Championships - Indy 2, MSU 1 (MSU also has 3 Conference Tourney Champs)

S16 - Indy 3, MSU 0

And I promise you, we have been shafted in games vs UK where the SEC protected them and sacrificed us.

Bottom line is, from a recruit's POV, when evaluating the status of the programs today, there's not a whole lotta difference in recent past, and MSU now has Howland, fantastic facilities, and a better incoming class. While IU has better attendance, wait and see how much attendance we start to get with the way things are headed. 17k capacity vs 10k capacity isn't going to make that much difference to a player if both places are packed and rowdy.

Great post. I don't say that often with you so have a rep point :)

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Robert Woodard

Add LaDarius Marshall to the 2018 class

engie
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
You guys got 2 of the 3 so far for 2018...

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM

E8 - Indy 1, MSU 1
S16 - Indy 3, MSU 2

S16 - Indy 3, MSU 0

I'm merely saying what he pointed out was true. Not that he's right in that its a reason you can't/won't/shouldn't get quality recruits, a good coach can do wonders. Just saying you don't have that great of tradition nor fan support. 17k is quite a bit of a difference than 10k especially the way Assembly Hall seating is. It feels a hell of a lot more than 17k with the almost vertical seating. I will say he probably reached an audience with that/those tweets that he normally wouldn't have gotten the attention of with a few more clicks to his site. Tends to be the name of the game in the twitterworld.

Big4Dawg
11-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Michael Barber

ding ding ding 3/3

smootness
11-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Why is there this crazy disagreement? Is our history or fan support terrible? No. Is it pretty terrible relative to Indiana's history and fan support? Well, yeah, kind of.

Our fan support is great when things are good but not good when things aren't so good. This is the case for a lot of programs, but it's not really the case for Indiana. Our history is good overall for the last 25 years, but it was pretty pitiful before that. Indiana's is good overall for the last 25-30 years and was fantastic before that.

So in an Indiana fan's opinion, when comparing it to their own program, will probably see our history and fan support as lower than we will. This is not hard to understand. He seems like a good dude, can we all chill just a tad?

shannondawg
11-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Since when have we started listening to reason?

engie
11-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Why chill out? They are nervous --- and we are playing with house money right now. We can enjoy the script flip from our normal position for at least a couple more hours!

maroonmania
11-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Why is there this crazy disagreement? Is our history or fan support terrible? No. Is it pretty terrible relative to Indiana's history and fan support? Well, yeah, kind of.

Our fan support is great when things are good but not good when things aren't so good. This is the case for a lot of programs, but it's not really the case for Indiana. Our history is good overall for the last 25 years, but it was pretty pitiful before that. Indiana's is good overall for the last 25-30 years and was fantastic before that.

So in an Indiana fan's opinion, when comparing it to their own program, will probably see our history and fan support as lower than we will. This is not hard to understand. He seems like a good dude, can we all chill just a tad?

The reason our fan support is not very good in lean times is that there is not a lot of population right in the Golden Triangle so most folks have to travel one to two hours minimum to get to games (talking season ticket holders). A lot of folks that maintain their season tickets are not going to spend 3 to 4 hours on the road going and coming to see a crap product on the court. Colleges that are in bigger population areas where most ticket holders are 30 minutes or less away don't have to invest as much time so its easier to support even a bad product.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 01:17 PM
I enjoy the back and forth. Not really nervous. It actually almost concerns me to get Davis as it just gives our AD more of a reason to hang on to Crean. Wouldn't be opposed to letting him lose and taking Howland away from you guys.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 01:19 PM
The reason our fan support is not very good in lean times is that there is not a lot of population right in the Golden Triangle so most folks have to travel one to two hours minimum to get to games (talking season ticket holders). A lot of folks that maintain their season tickets are not going to spend 3 to 4 hours on the road going and coming to see a crap product on the court. Colleges that are in bigger population areas where most ticket holders are 30 minutes or less away don't have to invest as much time so its easier to support even a bad product.

Meh Starkville or whatever it is just isn't a basketball town, Mississippi just isnt a basketball state. I travel 1.5 hrs to Bloomington for most games, many make the 1hr trip form Indy, some even further. Its just a longer tradition of basketball in Indiana. Hell we were top 10 in attendance Crean's first 3 years when we had game totals of 6,10, and 12.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2015, 01:22 PM
I enjoy the back and forth. Not really nervous. It actually almost concerns me to get Davis as it just gives our AD more of a reason to hang on to Crean. Wouldn't be opposed to letting him lose and taking Howland away from you guys.

Your fans are saying "I hate to see Kegler throw his career away by going to play for Howland".....so which narrative is it? Besides, Howland isn't going to make a lateral move. He has as good a chance to win here (or better since the SEC is weaker) than he does at IU...and we can pay him. Plus he claims this is his last stop before calling it quits for good since he's older now.

msstate7
11-12-2015, 01:23 PM

This is howland's dream job. He says he used to sit up at night while at ucla and dream about coaching here... Ok, maybe not, but I think he's pretty happy here right now

ChevChelios
11-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Meh Starkville or whatever it is just isn't a basketball town, Mississippi just isnt a basketball state. I travel 1.5 hrs to Bloomington for most games, many make the 1hr trip form Indy, some even further. Its just a longer tradition of basketball in Indiana. Hell we were top 10 in attendance Crean's first 3 years when we had game totals of 6,10, and 12.

Maybe you should make a game to The Hump before you go blabbering anymore bullshit about how we cant fill a arena and what not. The 10 years + before Rick Ray, it was extremely difficult to get a ticket to a bball game. And I would put the The Hump against any other teams arena when we get back to filling it up again.

Anyways... So when we sign Davis, #1 class?

EDT: BTW, Howland isnt going anywhere.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2015, 01:26 PM

Meh, Bloomingdale "or whatever it is", is much closer to a major city as you just said, so you kinda made his point. And we have pretty damn good bball support when anyone but Rick Ray is our coach. Can't imagine IU fans would show up in droves if they hired the ball boy as the head coach, and had rec league talent. But I already know you have preconceived notions and you're not willing to see reality

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 01:30 PM

Adidas likes us more than you

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Adidas likes us more than you

They got us Thomas Bryant. Our recruiting isn't the problem, its in game coaching.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Hoosier you'd be wise to realize MSU has a coveted football coach and we've had to deal with about 50 other programs trying to poach him the last five years so your threat that Indiana would just take Howland holds no water here.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Your fans are saying "I hate to see Kegler throw his career away by going to play for Howland".....so which narrative is it? Besides, Howland isn't going to make a lateral move. He has as good a chance to win here (or better since the SEC is weaker) than he does at IU...and we can pay him. Plus he claims this is his last stop before calling it quits for good since he's older now.

I have fans? Lol lateral move? You can't be serious. I'm all for confidence in your program but lets get real you might want to stick with the he's too old to move to another school.

klong-dog
11-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Since the 90's it's basically true.

chainedup_Dawg
11-12-2015, 01:43 PM
They got us Thomas Bryant. Our recruiting isn't the problem, its in game coaching.

Your recruiting classes ranked 17th in 2014 and 26th in 2015 and currently sit at 75. If it'snot a problem, it's quickly becoming one

smootness
11-12-2015, 01:46 PM

All of that is fine, but it's still not a surprise that an Indiana fan, whose program does a pretty good job of filling a 17,000 seat stadium even when they're not that great, would hear that rationale and still say, 'Your fan support isn't that great.'

whosyourdawgy
11-12-2015, 01:48 PM
I have fans? Lol lateral move? You can't be serious. I'm all for confidence in your program but lets get real you might want to stick with the he's too old to move to another school.

Howland has landed a top 5 class in his first full recruiting class. We have enough money to spend to pay him what the hell ever anyone offers him and we gave him his shot to get back in coaching. Good freaking luck getting him to pack up and leave us.

AlmostPositive
11-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Indiana is a basketball crazy state. No question about it. I used to teach at a summer school/camp that drew from all over, and the Indiana kids could hoop like hell.

Mississippi is a football state, not as crazy, but we've had glory days in roundball too. It's looking like we're going to have some more soon, possibly at our Hoosier's friend's expense.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 01:49 PM

Lol you gonna hold onto Bobby Knight success till you're dead and gone I see. Here's a fun fact about MSU's basketball coach. He once went to three straight final fours and has NBA players with names like Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook. That's who you're trying to out recruit right now. Not Rick Stansbury. Ben Howland. Stop comparing MSU basketball history vs IU basketball history and actually look at what the players are looking at. Ben Howland vs Tom Crean.

Mississippi State's athletic budget is over $100 million PER YEAR. What's Indiana's? You are damn right Indiana is a lateral move. You are sixth in the B1G basketball pecking order right now. Wake up and look at reality. Bobby Knight isn't coming back. You have to win without him now.

Homedawg
11-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Indiana does have tradition, however, most of it was prior to a lot of people on this board being out of diapers and before al gore invented the internet**...hell we've been to the same number of final fours as IU on the last 20 years. This isn't duke we are talking about as far as recent history.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Lol you gonna hold onto Bobby Knight success till you're dead and gone I see. Here's a fun fact about MSU's basketball coach. He once went to three straight final fours and has NBA players with names like Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook. That's who you're trying to out recruit right now. Not Rick Stansbury. Ben Howland. Stop comparing MSU basketball history vs IU basketball history and actually look at what the players are looking at. Ben Howland vs Tom Crean.

Mississippi State's athletic budget is over $100 million PER YEAR. What's Indiana's? You are damn right Indiana is a lateral move. You are sixth in the B1G basketball pecking order right now. Wake up and look at reality. Bobby Knight isn't coming back. You have to win without him now.

Crean makes over $1mil a year than Howland. Just because you hired a former successful coach doesn't put MSU on the same level as Indiana. That's ridiculous. I highly doubt we'd go that route anyways.

PassInterference
11-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Is Indiana basketball the Ole Miss of the B1G?

Homedawg
11-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Crean makes over $1mil a year than Howland. Just because you hired a former successful coach doesn't put MSU on the same level as Indiana. That's ridiculous. I highly doubt we'd go that route anyways.

Just cause you guys over pay a coach doesn't mean we have to. But if howland wins, he will be compensated for I promise you.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Indiana does have tradition, however, most of it was prior to a lot of people on this board being out of diapers and before al gore invented the internet**...hell we've been to the same number of final fours as IU on the last 20 years. This isn't duke we are talking about as far as recent history.

Also 7 vs 15 tournament appearances. All this during Indiana's down years.

Statefan
11-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Someone shut this damn thread down. This would be like arguing with a Miami fan for 2 days about their relevance in football

Dawg Corps
11-12-2015, 02:11 PM
But they beat Duke***

defiantdog
11-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Crean has been there 8 years with nothing to show. I wouldn't brag too much about his 3 mil + contract. Also, we have the money to pay Howland. The SEC is more accepted than the Big Ten. There's a reason why the SEC Network has gained a market value of nearly $5 billion in one year while the Big Ten Network hasn't even hit $2 billion in six years.

Homedawg
11-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Also 7 vs 15 tournament appearances. All this during Indiana's down years.

You've been down a while as far as the national scene. You want to be placed on a pedestal like you are the equal of duke, unc and kentucky. You are closer to us than any of those previously mentioned.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Someone shut this damn thread down. This would be like arguing with a Miami fan for 2 days about their relevance in football

Yes..It's time. If you want to argue IU football/basketball vs MSU football/basketball start a new thread.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Just because you hired a former successful coach doesn't put MSU on the same level as Indiana.

You're right. Howland currently has the #3 class in the country while Crean has #75. We are way above your level.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 02:29 PM
You're right. Howland currently has the #3 class in the country while Crean has #75. We are way above your level.

http://i.imgur.com/dEL6l.jpg

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 02:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dEL6l.jpg

Lol good job. Gifs are highly encouraged over here.

mstatefan91
11-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Is 6 pm the announcement time now? Last I heard, it was at 4..

Thanks..

SDDawg
11-12-2015, 03:43 PM
BTW, In case you weren't aware Hoosier is actually Yancy playing on the interwebs... **

chef dixon
11-12-2015, 04:04 PM
I love how we've never played Indiana in anything and now all the sudden we hate each other.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2015, 04:26 PM
oh you haven't heard..we may be moving on to Florida State and Miami now.....*******

CadaverDawg
11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
I can't blame this guy for being salty...If MSU had IU's ancient history and was now an after thought...I'd be upset too. It's hard for programs like IU that sink it all into one sport, to face the fact that even when focusing on one thing, they're still not much better than a MSU hoops program that just went through it's worst stretch in history and focuses on football and baseball more than bball. Kind of a kick in the nuts. I'm sure it stings. Sorry we're having to bare the bad news to ya.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 04:33 PM
I love how we've never played Indiana in anything and now all the sudden we hate each other.

Lol well we did beat them in the CWS but none of their fans know that. Their head football coach talked some shit about MSU when we hired Mullen too. They don't know that either. Now they have a douche for InsideTheHall talking shit about us so it's an easy hate for us. Whoever called Indiana the Ole Miss of the B1G deserves kudos. IU is probably sick of getting picked on by Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin that they thought we'd be easy pickings. They are sorely mistaken.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 04:34 PM
I can't blame this guy for being salty...If MSU had IU's ancient history and was now an after thought...I'd be upset too. It's hard for programs like IU that sink it all into one sport, to face the fact that even when focusing on one thing, they're still not much better than a MSU hoops program that just went through it's worst stretch in history and focuses on football and baseball more than bball. Kind of a kick in the nuts. I'm sure it stings. Sorry we're having to bare the bad news to ya.

Indiana basketball fans should get along with Tennessee football fans though

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 04:36 PM

We're a soccer school brah.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

drummerdawg
11-12-2015, 04:39 PM
I've spent some time in Indiana and they seem to be pretty nice folks overall. Most were Notre Dame fans though...

Beaver
11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Indiana basketball fans should get along with Tennessee football fans though

Tennessee football recruiting > Indiana basketball recruiting

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 04:42 PM
We're a soccer school brah.

Shhhh all soccer talk immediately gets moved to the BS forum.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Mens swimming? We're good at that too.

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Mens swimming? We're good at that too.

So is Tennessee. You two should date.

Hoosier
11-12-2015, 04:48 PM
So is Tennessee. You two should date.

Butt-chugging isn't my thing.

blacklistedbully
11-12-2015, 04:52 PM

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!

Dawg61
11-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Butt-chugging isn't my thing.

Lol can't spell Butt-chugging without Butch