PDA

View Full Version : Dak vs Fitz/Elijah

justwin
11-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Will there ever be another Dak @ MSU? Thus far, looking like he?ll be all time top 5 in most SEC stat categories ~ TDs, 10K passing, etc. when the dust settles in a month.

Dak as a RSFR: was 18/29 194 yds & 4tds passing; 32 for 131 yds and 4 more tds rushing = 8 total tds

Fitz as a RSFR: 10/12 231 yds 3 tds pass & 18/122 3 tds = 6 total tds
Elijah as a RSFR: 3/5 51yd 1 td pass & 3/18/0 tds rush = 1 total td

So, combined our RSFR qbs are equivalent to where Dak was as a RSFR. What?s scary is that Elijah & Nick will be Full time next year whereas Dak wasn't full time until a junior.

For fun, Tebow, as a freshman, was 22/33 for 358 and 5 tds passing; 89/469 with 8 tds rushing = 13 total tds

I keep going back to Tennessee winning a NC the year AFTER Peyton left as everyone returned except Peyton. Peyton, as a sr, won the SEC despite losing to UF like Dak could do this year.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Db's and dline will make or break us next season.

smootness
11-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I have no idea if we'll have another Dak. We need to stop trying to look ahead and realize how special he is. I just want to enjoy having him at QB for 4-5 more games. If Fitzgerald or Staley or anybody else ends up as good as Dak, that will be awesome. But I'm not expecting it, and none of us should.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-10-2015, 03:00 PM
As long as Mullen stays around, we should have a chance to see another DAK type player but I don't know if we'll ever see another Dak.

Duckdog
11-10-2015, 03:10 PM
we aint losing to florida

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2015, 03:40 PM
we aint losing to florida

I like your optimism.

TexDawg
11-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Nick Tiano is the next Dak. Good size, good arm, Fair speed, and very very bright. He really has it between the ears.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Nick Tiano is the next Dak. Good size, good arm, Fair speed, and very very bright. He really has it between the ears.

We must really like him to not be after a qb this year

whatever
11-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Just about every QB Mullen has coached has been one of, if not the best QB's in his school's history. Alex Smith, Leak (maybe top 5 at UF), Tebow, and Dak.

He turned Relf into a more than servicable QB and before Dak came along it can be argued statistically that Tyler Russell was the best QB in MSU history, or at least had the best single season.

The guy is up there with anyone at developing and getting production from QB's

archdog
11-10-2015, 05:25 PM
I always wonder what could have been if Wesley Carrol had stayed on when Mullen came in. Just food for thought.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I always wonder what could have been if Wesley Carrol had stayed on when Mullen came in. Just food for thought.

We would've beat lsu IMO

maroonmania
11-10-2015, 05:28 PM

Well, assuming Damien sticks it out we will have 4 active QBs next year with NONE being a SR. No reason to pick up a QB this year unless you can get one that is special.

Sacrifice
11-10-2015, 05:29 PM
There maybe more talented QBs come along arm wise but I don't think we'll ever see another QB come along with the leadership abilities Dak has. He is truely loved by his teammates and I think the would do anything for him.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Well, assuming Damien sticks it out we will have 4 active QBs next year with NONE being a SR. No reason to pick up a QB this year unless you can get one that is special.

Still think if we didn't like what we see in tiano, we'd go after one this year... Just a guess though

AlmostPositive
11-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Prescott has something the others don't. Don't expect to see his equal at MSU in the next couple of decades

maroonmania
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
There maybe more talented QBs come along arm wise but I don't think we'll ever see another QB come along with the leadership abilities Dak has. He is truely loved by his teammates and I think the would do anything for him.

Dak will be revered by us all in the MSU family for the ages.

MSUDawg99
11-10-2015, 06:25 PM

We took two with Fitz & Staley the same year so we're not pressed to take a QB in this class as I've heard Steve Robertson say numerous times. We won't take a QB just to take one. The one we wanted this year committed to Bama.

bulldawg28
11-10-2015, 06:48 PM
IMO Dak is the 1st legitimate QB State has ever had with an elite coach.Combine those two and we get what we have.Mullen deserves credit a lot of Dak's success. State is finally in a place where we have both talent with elite coaching and deveIopment. I honestly expect the next Qb to build off the foundation Mullen has laid and go higher

Dawgtini
11-10-2015, 07:01 PM
we aint losing to florida dang straight!

oldjoedawg
11-10-2015, 08:19 PM

This^^^^^ many times over......others may have the physical attributes, but few will come close in 'leadership'.

Where'sWaldo
11-11-2015, 12:49 AM
From what I've seen Elijah doesn't have the focus needed to be a great QB. This is strictly my opinion but I see him being more concerned about looking cool and being flashy than getting the job done. Fitz is the guy moving forward even though Elijah may have a slightly higher ceiling.

PassInterference
11-11-2015, 12:55 AM
From what I've seen Elijah doesn't have the focus needed to be a great QB. This is strictly my opinion but I see him being more concerned about looking cool and being flashy than getting the job done. Fitz is the guy moving forward even though Elijah may have a slightly higher ceiling.

Cam Newton was another guy concerned with looking cool and being flashy. I'll take it.

Where'sWaldo
11-11-2015, 01:40 AM
Cam Newton was another guy concerned with looking cool and being flashy. I'll take it.

I agree and that did cross my mind however Elijah isn't anywhere near the same player as Cam.

PassInterference
11-11-2015, 01:49 AM
I agree and that did cross my mind however Elijah isn't anywhere near the same player as Cam.

i contend that Staley's first year of college ball has been a hell of a lot more productive than Cam's.

AFDawg
11-11-2015, 09:02 AM

Give me an example.

justwin
11-11-2015, 09:07 AM
I have no idea if we'll have another Dak. We need to stop trying to look ahead and realize how special he is. I just want to enjoy having him at QB for 4-5 more games. If Fitzgerald or Staley or anybody else ends up as good as Dak, that will be awesome. But I'm not expecting it, and none of us should.

yeah, I think its okay to dream big and hope for more of the "Dak" type players based on the coaches, facilities, support. Make no mistake, HE IS A PROGRAM CHANGING PLAYER. I actually think that when he's done playing that he will be our first true rep in the SEC media. I think he could replace Doerhing, Stinchcomb, and maybe even McElroy today on the SEC Network.

justwin
11-11-2015, 09:07 AM
Just about every QB Mullen has coached has been one of, if not the best QB's in his school's history. Alex Smith, Leak (maybe top 5 at UF), Tebow, and Dak.

He turned Relf into a more than servicable QB and before Dak came along it can be argued statistically that Tyler Russell was the best QB in MSU history, or at least had the best single season.

The guy is up there with anyone at developing and getting production from QB's

Relf > Heisman candidate Johnson @ Auburn by a long shot. Just insane to think that.

justwin
11-11-2015, 09:11 AM

I don't see how anyone could come to this opinion this early. I think both are going to play ALOT.

Joe Schmedlap
11-11-2015, 09:49 AM
I also think they both play a lot for the next few years. On paper, Staley has the stars, but Fitz is too darned good not to play. Plus, Fitz has no basketball distractions. I've been extremely impressed with Fitzgerald. Glad to have two very talented QB's waiting in the wings.

BHildreth3
11-11-2015, 10:14 AM
As long as Dan is our coach (F you Georgia if you steal him), we will have great QBs. It took him a few years to CONVINCE a good QB that we can win.... He's just too SMART at analyzing HS QB prospect tape not to be successful.

smootness
11-11-2015, 12:02 PM

Oh gosh.