PDA

View Full Version : Oldie but a goodie

Jack Lambert
11-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Sorry if this has been posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7hp0JU7HsY

Hunkaburningdawg
11-10-2015, 02:24 PM
I can never watch than ehough. I love my homeboy, Jerry Clower! Thanks for posting.

FISHDAWG
11-10-2015, 02:41 PM
pretty cool ... Jerry will always be the best in my book

State82
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Classic gold!

Harrydawg
11-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Awesome.....

jbjones
11-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Oldman used to put a tape of Jerry in when we drove up to Jackson for the Rodeo every year (and other long trips). I want to say the album was "Live from Picayune". One of my favorite ones on there was when he was talking about playing football for MSU...he recalled a coach speaking to him at halftime, "Jerry...you gotta get MEAN! You gotta get NASTY!!"...Jerry did his signature snort, and "haaw"..and said, "..Coach..what's his number!?".

BrunswickDawg
11-10-2015, 09:06 PM
I miss Jerry. One of my favorite memories at State was catching him "holding court" at one of the RVs where the Junction is now on a Friday night. It was a true privilege.

Pollodawg
11-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Love me some Jerry Clower, and Clower loved him some MSU. I know people who knew Clower in real life, and they say he was just like he was on stage. There was a local physician up here in my neck of the woods that hosted an episode of Mississippi Outdoors, and Clower on the show this particular hunt. I had a guy tell me that Jerry waited for the women to leave and started telling Jokes you wouldn't hear on stage, if you get my drift. lol

Just so happens one of the physician's sons went hunting with them, and when he got out of the truck, he was wearing a TSUN tee shirt. Jerry took one look at him and said: "Son, you gone get disease of the titty in that shirt."

FISHDAWG
11-11-2015, 08:36 AM
he always ended his live concerts with "If yall are ever in Yazoo City, stop in for a cup of coffee" ... one day my preacher was in Yazoo City and although I'm sure it was metaphorical in nature, he took Jerry up on that invitation ... the man invited him in and had coffee together .... made a really big impression on my preacher. I had the opportunity to converse with him and the man leaves you with a good feeling and a sense of dignity and hope for humanity after all

AlmostPositive
11-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Jerry Clower at his best was as funny as anyone I've ever encountered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlW9velocM