PDA

View Full Version : At least Mizzou is tolerant of some actions.

RougeDawg
11-10-2015, 09:42 AM
I'll just leave this one here for discussion. Seems the university as a whole is a bit confused.

https://t.co/vLAVllh3Ck

ETA. Mobile link

notsofarawaydawg
11-10-2015, 10:34 AM
So the criminals are still running the institution today?

Jack Lambert
11-10-2015, 11:18 AM
NC State would have been a way better pick to join the SEC.

Bothrops
11-10-2015, 12:09 PM
NC State would have been a way better pick to join the SEC.

I agree, NC State would have been a home run.

gtowndawg
11-10-2015, 12:09 PM
it cemented everything I've thought since their name came up for expansion. Basically, huh? Mizzou in the SEC? A&M has weirdo's no doubt, but they fit. Plus they stuck it to Texas. As someone said on here, Mizzou is a square peg in a round hole.

Taog Redloh
11-10-2015, 12:26 PM
I still say Clemson or Florida State would have been best. Actually, I would have rather taken both of those two and not taken Texas A&M, because they are weird as hell, too.

I know, I know....it's all about TV viewers. Spare me that lecture. But for the long-term quality, I think Clemson and FSU were the best picks. Hard to argue against Texas A&M though, since they offer you a little bit of everything.

AlmostPositive
11-10-2015, 01:38 PM
This could be a self-solving problem... I can't see many reasonable adults wanting their child to be a part of that asylum, so MO may well should see a precipitous decline in giving and in enrollment. They may shrink out of the SEC on their own.

Taog Redloh
11-10-2015, 01:40 PM
In what way? Simply TV eyes? That's tunnel vision.

Taog Redloh
11-10-2015, 01:41 PM
This could be a self-solving problem... I can't see many reasonable adults wanting their child to be a part of that asylum, so MO may well should see a precipitous decline in giving and in enrollment. They may shrink out of the SEC on their own.
I will not be sending my kids to a school like Mizzou, but not because I think it's 'racist'. More because it's too liberal and the leadership has zero backbone. Allowing this freak embarrassment on their campus should make them ashamed of themselves. I'd quit, too.

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Got a family tie to NC State, so I would like them in the SEC. I also think Clemson is a natural SEC fit. The schools I feel MSU is most identifiable with are Clemson and NC State. FSU has that lone wolf feel to me.

Taog Redloh
11-10-2015, 02:36 PM
FSU has that lone wolf feel to me.
FSU is very similar to Southern Miss, actually. So yeah, as a school, they aren't all that great of a fit in the SEC. Cannot deny their football program though, and in that, they wield power.

As far as N.C. State, I agree they'd be a good fit for us as well, just not a home run. I'd just have them after Clemson and Florida State,and probably Texas A&M.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I still contend if ESPN and the SEC is interested in increasing the conference footprint... give the people top 10 matchups every week. You could drop Alabama in Hickory Flat....people would watch them. If it was just about having schools in or near large metropolitian areas scattered across the USA....then the BIG EAST would be the most powerful conference there ever was. The expansion should have been Texas, Florida State or Oklahoma or CLemson long LONG before Missouri. Alabama vs Texas....Texas vs Florida...Oklahoma vs Georgia or Tennessee vs FSU.....much more interesting. ....and if Texas, FSU and Oklahoma and etc were not interested in joining a few years back.....then don't expand until they are.

Dawg61
11-10-2015, 02:54 PM
In what way? Simply TV eyes? That's tunnel vision.

You've never been to Raleigh I take it. It's a nice southern city that has the smaller college town feel to it. NC State would be a great fit imo but I have family that work for the Pack so I'm biased. It's a straight shot from Knoxville to Raleigh too. You take one highway the entire trip. Hope Mizzou gets booted for this shit although I know that'll never happen.

SDDawg
11-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Mizzou rocks fellas, get used to it. I wish we played the every year.

NCDawg
11-10-2015, 03:50 PM

I agree, or UNC either.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 03:59 PM
I'd rather have someone besides Missouri too. I'm going on a hunger strike till the sec kicks mizzou out!

SDDawg
11-10-2015, 04:04 PM
I'd rather have someone besides Missouri too. I'm going on a hunger strike till the sec kicks mizzou out!

You and Malzahn both, I hear he's on strike from eating at Waffle House this season. **

Dawg61
11-10-2015, 04:13 PM
You and Malzahn both, I hear he's on strike from eating at Waffle House this season. **

Is Waffle House his wife?

MSUDawg99
11-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Is Waffle House his wife?

Everytime they win a game, Gus & his wife eat at Waffle House...well since they're season is just meh, hasn't been much eating goin on there.

Dawg61
11-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Everytime they win a game, Gus & his wife eat at Waffle House...well since they're season is just meh, hasn't been much eating goin on there.

Lol thanks but I know. I was making a tasteless joke about cunnilingus.

NCDawg
11-11-2015, 12:20 AM

Wolfe should have fired Pinkel and the AD before submitting his resignation.

Schultzy
11-11-2015, 07:42 AM
So y'all think Mizzou is alone in this regard? Hate to tell y'all but this manufactured chaos template will be going to more campi around the country.

Wherever they can get the football team on board, it's on.

AlmostPositive
11-11-2015, 07:47 AM
It's already happening at Ithaca College in New York. I guess we will get to see just how supine college administrators are.

Schultzy
11-11-2015, 07:55 AM
Wolfe should have fired Pinkel and the AD before submitting his resignation.

Pinkel is 75 days from signing day, his hands are tied.

Eta: and don't think this recruiting aspect is lost on the larger political groups influencing these young minority students.