PDA

View Full Version : New Baseball Commit

MsStateBaseball
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Aaron Granger, MIF, 511 165 from Chatsworth GA. North Murray HS

He is unrated by Perfect Game. He is our 7th 2014 commit.

CadaverDawg
07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Know anything about him?

How does baseball work when it comes to NR recruits? Does that just mean they haven't been evaluated, kind of like football?

Thanks for the info

MsStateBaseball
07-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Baseball is so much different than football. If a player doesn't go to a PG event and get evaluated then he is unranked, I suppose. But our coaches have great eyes, they can see talent, so I don't worry about players ranking. Adam Frazier wasn't ranked. We almost won the Natl Championship and haven't had a top 10 recruiting class in years. It's all about development.

Todd4State
07-30-2013, 12:05 PM
His Dad is the coach of his HS team. Usually, those are guys that are high IQ baseball players. Granger also pitches on his high school team, but his future is at second base/shortstop. He is supposed to be a plus defender.

Todd4State
07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Know anything about him?

How does baseball work when it comes to NR recruits? Does that just mean they haven't been evaluated, kind of like football?

Thanks for the info

It just means that they haven't seen that particular player play for whatever reason- likely because his select team didn't go to a PG event.

MsStateBaseball
07-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I will take a dirtbag, ie., Dustin Pedroia all day long. This looks like what Aaron is. He can learn to hit better with us. He can bunt, move runners, etc. He is another piece of the puzzle that makes a team up.

CadaverDawg
07-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Like the sound of that. And thank you and Todd for the recruiting clarification.

engie
07-30-2013, 12:33 PM
It's pretty rare for a Georgia player to go unseen by Perfect Game...Of course, there is a multitude of possible reasons why he hasn't yet been seen...

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2013, 12:38 PM
The issue is that Perfect Game cost money for kids to attend. If you come from a family with less "capacity", then you may not be able to afford Perfect Game, and thus not be ranked. Not saying that this kid's family doesn't have money, just making the point that Perfect Game isn't like 247 or Scout, it is an organization that puts on tournament and charges the participants.

MsStateBaseball
07-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Lots of examples: Hunter Renfroe. He wasn't on a big summer travel team, didn't go to PG events. Scouts knew about him and drafted him 31st Round out of HS.

I know this: our coaches are very, very good at finding talent. We will get our fair share of talent. That is one thing not to worry about on our baseball team.