PDA

View Full Version : TUSK's Breakdown on Bammer... POS by POS...

TUSK
11-09-2015, 09:31 PM
1. Offense
a. Offensive Line
i. LT Cam Robinson? Sophomore slump after frosh AA season? false start issues.
ii. RT Dominick Jackson? Weakest link on the OL.
iii. LG Ross Pierschbacher? Young but solid/above average.
iv. RG Alphonse Taylor? Above average.
v. C Ryan Kelly? Very, very good, but struggles against big, dominate D Linemen like Jones or James.
vi. TE/HBs
1. OJ Howard? Struggles in Max Pro.
2. Brandon Greene? Dominates as a blocker.
3. Nysewander? great blocker, solid receiver, won?t carry the ball.
b. WRs & TE
i. WR Cam Sims? best WR? he?s all hurt n shit?.
ii. WR Calvin Ridley? has impressed and lived up to his billing?
iii. WR A?Darius Stewart? solid WR reminds me of Norwood?
iv. WR Richard Mullaney? gets open a lot, never drops a pass?
v. TE OJ Howard? Elite TE receiver?
vi. TE Brandon Greene? a LT that can catch.
c. RBs
i. Derrick Henry? dominates once he gets a yard past the LOS.
ii. Kenyan Drake? I think he?s back? electric player?
iii. Bo Scarbrough? I think he?s in the doghouse? won?t see him.
iv. Damian Harris? future RB for Bammer if Bo gets processed.
d. QB
i. Jacob Coker? super strong arm, doesn?t handle the ?early? rush well but is mobile? struggles past 1st option.
ii. Cooper Bateman? very mobile, doesn?t have the NFL arm of Coker.
e. 3rd Down? we suck.
2. Defense
a. Defensive Line
i. NT? Payne, Robinson, and Lake are straight killin? it.
ii. DT/DE/Jack? Allen, Reed, Tomilinson, Hand and Pettway are excellent.
b. Linebackers
i. MLB? Ragland and Lee are studs.
ii. OLB? Foster is a stud? Hamilton is above average.
iii. Jack? Devall, Anderson and Williams are all very, very good?
c. Secondary
i. CB? Jones (small but lockdownish), Humphries (weakest link, but good) and Fitzpatrick (stud frosh).
ii. S? converted CB Smith is a heavy hitter & Eddie Jackson is elite at S after injury.
d. 3rd Down? we suck
3. Special Teams
a. Kicking and Punting? Great? can kick FG up to Sixty yards and punt it Fitty.
b. Coverage Teams? Good to very good.
c. Return Teams?. Above average to good.

Just my thoughts on the PsychoPhants....

Dawg
11-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Everytime Tusk posts something here about Alabama, it feels like I am seeing a booth inside Davis Wade selling Alabama gear.

AlmostPositive
11-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Alabama is probably the Number One team in the country now. They were in 1980 as well.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Tusk, I'm not as sold on Coker's arm strength as you are. He may be able to throw it 70 yards, but he kinda pushes the ball and has shotty control and command of it. It's seems as if he's always skipping passes to receivers

Coach34
11-09-2015, 10:03 PM
TUSK is a good dude- this is the one week per year he is the real enemy cause like all Bammer fans- he doesnt give a shit about basketall or beisball.

Bama is good and he gave an honest asessment- hammer his ass if we pull the upset. He is man enough to take it

smootness
11-09-2015, 10:07 PM
1. Offense
a. Offensive Line
i. LT Cam Robinson? Sophomore slump after frosh AA season? false start issues.
ii. RT Dominick Jackson? Weakest link on the OL.
iii. LG Ross Pierschbacher? Young but solid/above average.
iv. RG Alphonse Taylor? Above average.
v. C Ryan Kelly? Very, very good, but struggles against big, dominate D Linemen like Jones or James.
vi. TE/HBs
1. OJ Howard? Struggles in Max Pro.
2. Brandon Greene? Dominates as a blocker.
3. Nysewander? great blocker, solid receiver, won?t carry the ball.
b. WRs & TE
i. WR Cam Sims? best WR? he?s all hurt n shit?.
ii. WR Calvin Ridley? has impressed and lived up to his billing?
iii. WR A?Darius Stewart? solid WR reminds me of Norwood?
iv. WR Richard Mullaney? gets open a lot, never drops a pass?
v. TE OJ Howard? Elite TE receiver?
vi. TE Brandon Greene? a LT that can catch.
c. RBs
i. Derrick Henry? dominates once he gets a yard past the LOS.
ii. Kenyan Drake? I think he?s back? electric player?
iii. Bo Scarbrough? I think he?s in the doghouse? won?t see him.
iv. Damian Harris? future RB for Bammer if Bo gets processed.
d. QB
i. Jacob Coker? super strong arm, doesn?t handle the ?early? rush well but is mobile? struggles past 1st option.
ii. Cooper Bateman? very mobile, doesn?t have the NFL arm of Coker.
e. 3rd Down? we suck.
2. Defense
a. Defensive Line
i. NT? Payne, Robinson, and Lake are straight killin? it.
ii. DT/DE/Jack? Allen, Reed, Tomilinson, Hand and Pettway are excellent.
b. Linebackers
i. MLB? Ragland and Lee are studs.
ii. OLB? Foster is a stud? Hamilton is above average.
iii. Jack? Devall, Anderson and Williams are all very, very good?
c. Secondary
i. CB? Jones (small but lockdownish), Humphries (weakest link, but good) and Fitzpatrick (stud frosh).
ii. S? converted CB Smith is a heavy hitter & Eddie Jackson is elite at S after injury.
d. 3rd Down? we suck
3. Special Teams
a. Kicking and Punting? Great? can kick FG up to Sixty yards and punt it Fitty.
b. Coverage Teams? Good to very good.
c. Return Teams?. Above average to good.

Just my thoughts on the PsychoPhants....

You seem unsure of yourself. I want information, not questions.

Coach34
11-09-2015, 10:09 PM
My assessment:

State OL vs Bammer DL- State is at a huge advantage here. State must protect well enough to let Prescott deliver his 50 passes. 2-3 sacks are going to happen, anything past this dwindles State's chances for a victory

State WR's vs Bammer Secondary- State has the advantage. If Prescott gets time- State can get some big plays

Bammer OL vs State DL- Advantage State. State has a physical DL that matches up well with the Bammers, LSU's, and UPigs. Our DL prefers the downhill rushing attack vs the zone stretch. If Bammer handles the DL reguarly- State is done.

This is a LOS game- I think it comes down to Prescott getting time vs pressure caused on Coker to make mistakes. Where the arrow tilts decides the game

TUSK
11-09-2015, 10:17 PM
the "?"s are ellipses.... don't know why it threw it that way...

jackass.... LOL

good to see ya, Smoot!

TUSK
11-09-2015, 10:20 PM
My assessment:

State OL vs Bammer DL- State is at a huge advantage here. State must protect well enough to let Prescott deliver his 50 passes. 2-3 sacks are going to happen, anything past this dwindles State's chances for a victory

did you mean "disadvantage"?

State WR's vs Bammer Secondary- State has the advantage. If Prescott gets time- State can get some big plays

agreed

Bammer OL vs State DL- Advantage State. State has a physical DL that matches up well with the Bammers, LSU's, and UPigs. Our DL prefers the downhill rushing attack vs the zone stretch. If Bammer handles the DL reguarly- State is done.

agreed, but yall HAVE TO get off the field on 3rd down or ya gonna be gassed late

This is a LOS game- I think it comes down to Prescott getting time vs pressure caused on Coker to make mistakes. Where the arrow tilts decides the game

agreed

Dallas_Dawg
11-09-2015, 10:24 PM
My assessment:

State OL vs Bammer DL- State is at a huge advantage here. State must protect well enough to let Prescott deliver his 50 passes. 2-3 sacks are going to happen, anything past this dwindles State's chances

Surely you meant disadvantage here. Has to be a typo, I cringe at the thought of Bamas D line

Homedawg
11-09-2015, 10:27 PM
I like how one week makes your kicker great....but the rest wasn't too much of a stretch.

TUSK
11-09-2015, 10:38 PM
I like how one week makes your kicker great....but the rest wasn't too much of a stretch.

fair point... but he sucked hind teat the first two games (0 for 4).... he's 13 for fifteen since...

Coach34
11-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Surely you meant disadvantage here. Has to be a typo, I cringe at the thought of Bamas D line

yes Disadvantage...my bad

mparkerfd20
11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks for breaking down Bama, piece of shit by piece of shit.

TUSK
11-09-2015, 10:45 PM

thanks for your acknowledgement... I didn't expect that....

'ppreciate it, buddy!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Tusk, remind me the name of that beast yall have waiting on the sidelines at RB that had to sit out a few games. For some reason, I have a bad feeling he will see some involvement this week.

TUSK
11-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Tusk, remind me the name of that beast yall have waiting on the sidelines at RB that had to sit out a few games. For some reason, I have a bad feeling he will see some involvement this week.

dude, you're prolly talkin bout Bo Scarbrough....

He blew out his knee a bit back and came back for some meaningless snaps about game five or six... I think he's in the doghouse next to Tony Brown (CB)...

regardless, I'd be shocked if he played in Vegas... he is a "beast" tho... he's nearly the same size as Derrick Henry, about as fast and strong, but he's more proportionally built...

I hope he doesn't get cut...

EnterpriseDawg
11-10-2015, 08:16 AM
dude, you're prolly talkin bout Bo Scarbrough....

He blew out his knee a bit back and came back for some meaningless snaps about game five or six... I think he's in the doghouse next to Tony Brown (CB)...

regardless, I'd be shocked if he played in Vegas... he is a "beast" tho... he's nearly the same size as Derrick Henry, about as fast and strong, but he's more proportionally built...

I hope he doesn't get cut...

Have Satan send him our way if he does. We could use anything that resembles a good rb.

FISHDAWG
11-10-2015, 08:35 AM
O Master of the Backhanded compliment - did you just say Marlon Humpries is the weak link back there ..... ok Ifyouonlyknew - disinformation going on here**

defiantdog
11-10-2015, 08:36 AM
This game is all about LOS. Will Dak have enough time to throw? Will we pressure Coker to make awful decisions like he did against Tenn? Like Coach said, this game is determined by the LOS.

justwin
11-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Tusk, some questions as I've only watched Bama last two weeks.

who is the best qb you have played? I'd probably say Dobbs, then Kelly. Just seemed like those two were good enough to not been made one-dimensional.

who is the best overall team you have played? I actually think it was Tennessee or maybe Arkansas. I think everyone knew UGA, LSU, TXAM would all be made one-dimensional going in. Fournette was the best player, but team.

how has Henry been stopped and by whom? I think the answer is that no one has stopped him. what team has done the best job of stopping him behind the LOS?

Who is going to cover #1? How will #1 do against that person?

For us to win, we have to 1. stop Henry to ~3.5 ypc & 2. our safeties need to actually make the INTs when given the chance & 3. Dak has to scramble for + yards.

Thanks

HoopsCoach21
11-10-2015, 09:06 AM

This is actually what I read in my head when I first looked at the title...then I saw who wrote the post and realized the author was the real POS.

Jk Tusk. You're ok by me...by Bama fan standards at least

RBritt
11-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Maybe the light comes on again for Chris Jones but I'm assuming Kelly and Beerswaiuner or whoever will have him hugged up the entire game with zero flags thrown.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2015, 09:41 AM
My assessment:

It's going to take four O-Lineman to block James and Jones. Someone is going to be unblocked. Now if that guy can tackle Henry or not is a different question.

Bama will struggle with the spread offense. The only games bama dominated was against power teams like GA and LSU.

TUSK
11-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Tusk, some questions as I've only watched Bama last two weeks.

who is the best qb you have played? I'd probably say Dobbs, then Kelly. Just seemed like those two were good enough to not been made one-dimensional.

who is the best overall team you have played? I actually think it was Tennessee or maybe Arkansas. I think everyone knew UGA, LSU, TXAM would all be made one-dimensional going in. Fournette was the best player, but team.

how has Henry been stopped and by whom? I think the answer is that no one has stopped him. what team has done the best job of stopping him behind the LOS?

Who is going to cover #1? How will #1 do against that person?

For us to win, we have to 1. stop Henry to ~3.5 ypc & 2. our safeties need to actually make the INTs when given the chance & 3. Dak has to scramble for + yards.

Thanks

1. The "best" QBs we've seen efficiency wise are: Allen, Kelly and Harris; the ones we struggle the most with are the Kelly/Dobbs types... Dak certainly falls in to that category.

2. LSU (one dim) and Tennessee (young)... considering our weaknesses, MSU is the biggest threat thus far along with Tenn.

3. Arkansas did the best vs Henry... held him <100 yards and <4 ypc... he's "hurt" everyone else...

4. Probably Cyrus Jones... he's our best cover corner but he's too small... expect him and Bear to be pushing and shoving each other all over the field... I think Bama will be ok if they can "limit" Bear to less than 100 yards receiving... we may even try Fitzpatrick (tr fr) on him as he is bigger... we certainly will have some combo S play involved at times...

You're right about Dak... Bama has to contain him on pass plays...

Hope I answered all your questions...

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2015, 09:53 AM
If we win can you go put a leash on Harvey Updyke? Don't need him calling into Pawwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllll talking about poisoning any trees or dry humping the statue of Bully.

mparkerfd20
11-10-2015, 09:57 AM
This is actually what I read in my head when I first looked at the title...then I saw who wrote the post and realized the author was the real POS.

Jk Tusk. You're ok by me...by Bama fan standards at least

Same here TUSK, just ribbing you on your choice of acronyms in the subject title.

11-10-2015, 10:14 AM
That's a bunch of question marks.