PDA

View Full Version : You boys be honest about Saturday.

State82
11-09-2015, 05:21 PM
How many of you, deep down, honestly think we will win Saturday. Not what the chances are. Not that you think we CAN win. But that think we WILL win. I know we CAN. But I don't predict we will. Show of hands and be serious.

cbrunt29
11-09-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think we will. 31-20

Taog Redloh
I personally don't believe there's a chance in hell. I think we lose a 24-13 type, hard-fought game. We'll then go play flat and lose at Arkansas, probably 31-21 or so, then come back home and beat Ole Miss on senior night. Rinse, repeat.

You asked.

msstate7
I say nay...

I think bama comes out and scores a td on the first drive and it rattles our crowd and team. I think we'll hang around, but not win...

24-17 bama

starkvegasdawg
11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Hard to think we ever beat them until we prove we can. Much like LSU last year.

SignalToNoise
11-09-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm in the no crowd. We will start slow per usual and on top of that we will play up tight and scared.

Bammer wins something like 21-13

msstate7
11-09-2015, 05:29 PM
I personally don't believe there's a chance in hell. I think we lose a 24-13 type, hard-fought game. We'll then go play flat and lose at Arkansas, probably 31-21 or so, then come back home and beat Ole Miss on senior night. Rinse, repeat.

You asked.

I think we'll beat ark and om to finish 9-3. Get a good bowl win and we get back-to-back 10-3's... I'll be happy

gravedigger
11-09-2015, 05:31 PM
I do

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Hard to think we ever beat them until we prove we can. Much like LSU last year.

This

I don't even want to think about the outcome right now. I just want to see us come out, loose, & free & play our balls off with aggression.
If that happens, I think we'll have every opportunity to win.

The last two times we've played them, the game has come down to the 4th quarter with MSU having a chance. There's no reason to believe this year won't be the same with Bama having the worst QB play they've had in 8 years, no dominant WR, & a running back that lacks vision.

msstate7
11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
I do

I hope you're the smartest guy I know

Maroon_and_white
11-09-2015, 05:34 PM
I absolutely believe we will win something like 20-17. What you are going to see is an LSU hungover Bama coupled vs the most loose MSU team you've seen all year. We are going to spread their D out all night long. You're going to see 5 wide Dak tear um up. You're also going to see Nick James and Chris Jones dominate the interior line to at least maintain Henry. What we must do is score first. We must win the first quarter. Coker has not had to battle back on the road yet. If we get up early and make Coker chase, we will be in great position.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Their DL & LB's vs our OL & RB's scares me. I will say that if this game was any other year, we had any other QB, & we were away from Davis Wade, I'd give us a 0% chance. BUT...if the magic is in the atmosphere and we can catch a few breaks and our crowd takes over...I just can't say Dak Prescott doesn't have a chance to win a game at home. It still isn't a big chance, but if he has a Heisman moment who knows. That's what I'm hoping for.

Dawgowar
11-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Yes, we win. Dak is going to come out and carry this team and the Bulldog nation. He is not going to let the moment be better than him this time around. Neither will this team. This weekend Dak is going to be like Denzell as John Creasey in Man on Fire - his art is death and he is about to paint his masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_hLvWmytTo

We control the things we can and win out. Can't say one way or the other how the other schools finish but we win out. I am going to enjoy all 12 remaining quarters of the regular season and whatever comes afterwords. We will have other good, even great QB's in the years to follow. Dak though was the first one to live up to his potential and give us the moments we had long hoped for. He goes out and finishes strong. We win. We ****ing win.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2015, 05:38 PM
We're going to beat their ass.

Coach34
11-09-2015, 05:39 PM
We will play them super close and will hopefully pull it off. Being at home is huge. Hell, it took all they had 2 years ago to beat a Tyler Russell and Damien Williams led State team that was 4-5 coming in 17-7. Wilson makes the catch from Williams and its 17-14.

Home field, a physical DL, and Dakota Prescott will have this game in doubt in the 4th quarter.

drunkernhelldawg
11-09-2015, 05:44 PM
I think we'll win. Bama is just not as good as they have been the last few seasons. We're a mature team that knows how to make plays and win.

ScoobaDawg
11-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Their DL & LB's vs our OL & RB's scares me. I will say that if this game was any other year, we had any other QB, & we were away from Davis Wade, I'd give us a 0% chance. BUT...if the magic is in the atmosphere and we can catch a few breaks and our crowd takes over...I just can't say Dak Prescott doesn't have a chance to win a game at home. It still isn't a big chance, but if he has a Heisman moment who knows. That's what I'm hoping for.

We need them to make some mistakes and capitalize. Pure and simple. Fumble. Int...
We have to connect on some big pass plays 20+ yards and then finish in the red zone.
Bama is gonna grind it out and control tempo and TOP on their side to try and dominate the game.

I have to believe we have a chance... our dreams have been ruined too many times by Bama though for me to raise my hand

gravedigger
11-09-2015, 05:45 PM

Hate to say it, but im pretty sure im not. But ive been to bama msu games since 1978. I know we have the talent to win. What would make me absolutely confident would be if i knew for sure we werent going to attempt to establish the run before spreading them out. It is imperative. Dak in a bulldozer wont avg 2 yards a carry if we dont make the field 55 yards wide.

If we do, i think we will keep them on their heels.

rolodawg
11-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Bulldogs will be victorious! Dan over the Bama hump.

WinningIsRelentless
11-09-2015, 05:52 PM
The way we win is pretty damn simple. Come out in 4 wide set with Shump in the backfield. Air some out down the field, become captain bubble screen and run the damn zone read option with dak and Shump. Shump doesn't have to see the hole on the option play just run to the sideline and get your ass up field.

The above neutrilizes Alabamas biggest advantage, their front 7. After 2.5 half quarters of running sideline to sideline those big ass lbs will be worn out and then maybe we can get holloway loose on a big run.

Dawgface
11-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Get a couple of breaks and play at a very high level, we can. But will believe it when I see it.

Sacrifice
11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
I can take anything, ANYTHING!! Except another "we should've won game" I just can't take that again. Lets win the F-in game or get our ass kicked.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2015, 05:58 PM
The way we win is pretty damn simple. Come out in 4 wide set with Shump in the backfield. Air some out down the field, become captain bubble screen and run the damn zone read option with dak and Shump. Shump doesn't have to see the hole on the option play just run to the sideline and get your ass up field.

The above neutrilizes Alabamas biggest advantage, their front 7. After 2.5 half quarters of running sideline to sideline those big ass lbs will be worn out and then maybe we can get holloway loose on a big run.

Not gonna lie...there was way too much "Shump" & "Holloway" in your post. It sounds like a good plan otherwise.

mparkerfd20
11-09-2015, 05:59 PM
This is the first year in a long, long time that I feel fairly confident we will win.

msstate7
11-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Not gonna lie...there was way too much "Shump" & "Holloway" in your post. It sounds like a good plan otherwise.

Shump is probably our only back that can pick up a blitzing bama lb. I wanna play Shump as dak's personal protector

CadaverDawg
11-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Shump is probably our only back that can pick up a blitzing bama lb. I wanna play Shump as dak's personal protector

You'll get your wish. Unfortunately carries will come with that.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2015, 06:01 PM

I actually like the thought of going 4 wide with no TE and keeping Shump in the backfield to block. Shump could leak out as a safety valve. Get Dear and Ross on the field together.

msstate7
11-09-2015, 06:04 PM
I actually like the thought of going 4 wide with no TE and keeping Shump in the backfield to block. Shump could leak out as a safety valve. Get Dear and Ross on the field together.

If we use that formation, they have to take a lb out right?

Thick
11-09-2015, 06:08 PM
If you want to win the West, you got to beat them all. Some of you guys are basing your decision based on LSU game. We can win if we run 4 and 5 wides, uptempo, and DAK runs when he feels pressure. He cannot stand in the pocket and take shot after shot. He will have to make them think twice about blitzing. We have to come out fast too. Absolutely no runs up the middle.

Defensively...tackle Henry at initial contact, and blitz the shit out of Coker!!

msstate7
11-09-2015, 06:13 PM
We've got to be ready for Bama's first drive. They're gonna come out passing and we'll most likely see a rb screen... Be ready, Diaz

TaleofTwoDogs
11-09-2015, 06:21 PM
If we can make it through the 1st quarter tied up or slightly ahead we win. If not, it will be last year all over aGain.

JoseBrown
11-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Count me as a yes! I'm with most folks, I think Dan will nut up, spread the field from the start and take the reigns off. Let Dak be Dak and we will win. The defense will be prepared, Manny will slow Henry, put pressure on Coker from time to time and our young safeties will put their athleticism and size to good use. We will make Coker do what we want Coker to do..

Now, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see our slow start, and play catch up either.

NCDawg
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
I would like to believe we could win, but I don't believe our OL is good enough to give Dak enough time against Alabama's defense, and will be totally dominated by Alabama's DL.

Thick
11-09-2015, 06:32 PM
I think DAK will want to play his best this time around, because last year his nerves got the best of him. I definitely think we have a chance to win, but we have to come out and play for four quarters of really good football.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 06:34 PM
I think one thing not many people have mentioned is that our guys don't fear Bama. I think every guy on our team believes we should have won that game last year & that we beat ourselves rather than Bama beating us.

I think there has been lots of reflection & regret about that game last year. I expect us to play balls out Saturday.

Shit, first play of the game, I'd toss a bomb to De'Runnya & not even care if Bama picks it off. Set the tone early, that we are coming after their ass

Op4isabitch
11-09-2015, 06:35 PM
I think we get our poop pushed in, just don't see our OLine holding up against their D.

Please let me be wrong! I will gladly drop a shitsticka on my UNM neighbors driveway if we win.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 06:36 PM
I would like to believe we could win, but I don't believe our OL is good enough to give Dak enough time against Alabama's defense, and will be totally dominated by Alabama's DL.

Our offensive line has been pretty good at pass blocking all year long. I expect our offensive to block "well enough". Bama will get 2 or 3 sacks, but I think Dak will have plenty of chances

drunkernhelldawg
11-09-2015, 06:40 PM
If you want to win the West, you got to beat them all. Some of you guys are basing your decision based on LSU game. We can win if we run 4 and 5 wides, uptempo, and DAK runs when he feels pressure. He cannot stand in the pocket and take shot after shot. He will have to make them think twice about blitzing. We have to come out fast too. Absolutely no runs up the middle.

Defensively...tackle Henry at initial contact, and blitz the shit out of Coker!!

Pretty much agree with you except that we're going to run it up the middle, at least a time or two. Also, tackling Henry on first contact is a lot more easily said than done.

Like you say, Dak has to get the ball out quickly. We can't win if he is constantly hurried and hit.

msstate7
11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Our offensive line has been pretty good at pass blocking all year long. I expect our offensive to block "well enough". Bama will get 2 or 3 sacks, but I think Dak will have plenty of chances

Despite passing more this year, our sacks allowed are down from 1.77 a game last year to 1.44 this year.

drunkernhelldawg
11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
I think one thing not many people have mentioned is that our guys don't fear Bama. I think every guy on our team believes we should have won that game last year & that we beat ourselves rather than Bama beating us.

I think there has been lots of reflection & regret about that game last year. I expect us to play balls out Saturday.

Shit, first play of the game, I'd toss a bomb to De'Runnya & not even care if Bama picks it off. Set the tone early, that we are coming after their ass

Like the attitude. That and execution and we're in business.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Despite passing more this year, our sacks allowed are down from 1.77 a game last year to 1.44 this year.

Yeah, it's interesting how this gets lost to everyone that attempts to analyze our team. We absolutely can't run the ball, but between adequate blocking & Dak knowing where to go with the football, pass protection hasn't been a huge problem

WinningIsRelentless
11-09-2015, 06:57 PM

If we win it will be because Dak has a good game throwing the football 40 plus times and our best blocking back is Shump. So screw the williams and lee shit this game because we aren't going to run the damn football between the tackles. Holloway can be a huge threat once we wear those big lbs down in both the passing game and some quick hitters.

Blackout
11-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Chad Kelly beat them. We can

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Chad Kelly beat them. We can

Kelly didn't beat them. They beat themselves in that game.

msstate7
11-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Kelly didn't beat them. They beat themselves in that game.

Chad did make plays though

shannondawg
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM
It's our house and we protect it with a win. And I get to tell some of those elephant worshiping bastards on the way out, "Y'all all ways play us a good game"

Coach34
11-09-2015, 07:16 PM
It's our house and we protect it with a win. And I get to tell some of those elephant worshiping bastards on the way out, "Y'all all ways play us a good game"

You gonna be at the basketball game Friday night?

Msujd164
11-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Dak will cement his legacy. He will be remembered for this win. Game winning TD with less than a minute left in one of the best victories we will ever see.

Hey, One can dream.

blacklistedbully
11-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Dan is going to shock the world, take the extra prep days to install a few triple option plays, perhaps from Diamond formation, perhaps Flexbone or both, and mix those in with 4 and 5 WR sets, spreading Bama across the field. Might even let Fitz run a few.

Truth be told, I haven't yet got a feel for this one. I waffle between feeling like we're the biggest challenge, matchup-wise that Bama will have faced all year, with Dak, Bear, Freds, Hutch, Johnson, Dear carving up their secondary, to worrying Bama's D-line will maul our O-line, taking Dak out of the game.

Guess I'll have to let you know later. Gun to my head now, I'd say 50%. But I reserve the right to change my mind before kickoff.

djaymsu5
11-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I feel like if Jenkins is back to play LT our OLine has a shot at holding the front 7. If we have to play Malone there again due to injury he will get destroyed and Dak will get sacked from behind all night. If we can get Dear involved early along with Ross and Wilson I think Dak will give bama's secondary all they can handle. Need to come out guns blazing like the LSU game last year and make them play from behind so Coker will have more pressure to make bad decisions.

mic
11-09-2015, 07:57 PM
State ML..... Bet it and enjoy ....

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Do we have to play better on defense in this game than we did against LSU?

If so, why?

I'm seeing lots of "MSU will have to play the game of their lives to win." or "MSU must hold Henry & Drake under 150 yards" or "MSU's defensive line will have to play the best game evah to win."

Why?

I just don't see Bama as an offensive juggernaut. Our defense is just as good if not better than LSU's & better in most every statistical category.

LSU gave up 21 to Auburn, 22 to Eastern Michigan, 24 to South Carolina, 28 to Florida who couldn't score against Vandy this weekend, & 20 to Western Kentucky.

I think if our defense plays their normal game, we'll give up 21-24 points. That puts this game squarely on the offense.

I just don't see this Bama team in the same light as the media is apparently seeing them right now. They are good, but we are pretty good as well.

MabenMaroon
11-09-2015, 07:59 PM
My two cents worth: I am looking at our team and how they have looked over the past few games and feel that we are a considerably better team than LSU and would beat them 9 to 10 times out of 10 games if we were to play right now. And we would beat them fairly handily at that. I have re-watched the Bama/LSU game and saw that LSU was not that far off, Travian Dural dropped a big gainer that hit him right in the numbers, Malachi Dupre also had two drops on what would have been big gainers maybe scores, also very catchable passes. All of these drops happened while the teams were either tied or LSU was within one score. Brandon Harris is nowhere near the caliber QB that Dak is and I strongly feel that our receivers are superior to LSU's. LSU's O-line is quite polished at run blocking and opening holes for Fournette but they are not near as practiced or polished at pass protection and Harris still found some occasions to hit his receivers and they dropped the ball far too often. I think we can and will outscore Bama because of the experience and polish of Dak, our wide receivers and an O-line that can and will give Dak just enough opportunity to be successful against Bama's lb's and secondary. Bama with Henry/Drake and that new wr will move the ball and will score but they will be time consuming drives and we will be able to put together 4 to 6 scoring drives of our own. I am looking for a score of something like MSU 23 to 29 and Bama will score 17 to 21. Each year our team has taken a step or two forward in building the program and this is the step forward for this year.

BrunswickDawg
11-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Go big or go home...

This will be like the AU game in 2014. We have been building toward this all year. I'm all in. Dawgs 35-17.

thunderclap
11-09-2015, 08:22 PM
17ing-A. State 24-23.

tcdog70
11-09-2015, 08:42 PM
I've said Bama Kryptonite is the spread and an elite QB. We got that. Plus playing at home will be good. I expect to win. Our WRs are better than their DBs. Bear needs to step up and kick ass. If TN can play them close then of course we can win . Henry will get his yards but we have to hit Coker early and often. We win by ten points

basedog
11-09-2015, 08:51 PM

Shannondawg is pumped, says u should c the weight room. Blew him away, different.

TrapGame
11-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Josh Dobbs gave Bama's defense fits.

Guess what? Dak is better than Dobbs.

We win.

cbrunt29
11-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Go watch last year's Bama hype video if you want to punch a wall. Good stuff.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Josh Dobbs gave Bama's defense fits.

Guess what? Dak is better than Dobbs.

We win.

Dakota is FAR better than Dobbs & MSU's defense is absolutely better than Tennessee's.

This is one of those games where the initial reaction from the media will be that Bama is going to win big because they just dominated LSU & everyone watched that. However, when you sit down & actually start dissecting the game, along with Bama's entire body of work this season, you begin to go, "Hmmmmm"

TrapGame
11-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Dakota is FAR better than Dobbs & MSU's defense is absolutely better than Tennessee's.

This is one of those games where the initial reaction from the media will be that Bama is going to win big because they just dominated LSU & everyone watched that. However, when you sit down & actually start dissecting the game, along with Bama's entire body of work this season, you begin to go, "Hmmmmm"

Yes sir!

Bama will not be as pumped up for us as they were for LSU.

shannondawg
11-09-2015, 09:26 PM
I am going to try to, with the early game Sat, its gonna be tough on this old codger to get in late, and then go again on Sat.

But I feel like I will.

TUSK
11-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Don't listen to him, MS7... he better be "knittin' me a sweater, right now!"

SDDawg
11-09-2015, 09:59 PM
How many of you, deep down, honestly think we will win Saturday. Not what the chances are. Not that you think we CAN win. But that think we WILL win. I know we CAN. But I don't predict we will. Show of hands and be serious.

Dawgs win.

HSVDawg
11-09-2015, 10:49 PM
I honestly think its a coin flip. Could go either way. I don't necessarily think we are going to win, but I don't think we are going to lose either. Like most tight SEC games, it will come down to one or two plays. If those plays are something like having to stop them on 4th and goal on the 1 yard line, I don't really feel good about it. But if its needing Dak to convert a 3rd and 6 to put us in position for a game winning field goal, I do feel pretty good about it. Overall we match up about as well with them as any team in their schedule does (our strengths line up with their weaknesses), we have the best QB, and we are at home. No reason for all the doom and gloom.

Beaver
11-09-2015, 11:00 PM
As much as I want us to win, if I was forced to bet my salary on the game, I'd take Bama.. For the last few years, it's pretty obvious by the end of the 1st quarter which MSU showed up to play, and you pretty much know if we'll win or lose (or win a close/ugly game vs a vastly inferior opponent).

However, unlike last year when we peaked as a team vs Auburn, I don't think we've hit our peak yet. I hope that happens this weekend.

Barking 13
11-09-2015, 11:10 PM
I think it will come down to what we can do with Drake. I think we can stop Henry fairly well, but Drake on the little quick juts outside and a couple missed tackles could cost us the game. Similar to the 3rd and longs last year with Sims. If we can keep those opportunities down and get at least a score ahead, you can wrap it in Maroon and White

BossDawg
11-09-2015, 11:59 PM

I think the best we can hope for is a close game and that's about it. God, I'd love, LOVE to beat them and silence all of these local Bama fans that have never even been to Tuscaloosa.....but I just don't see it.

cheewgumm
11-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Their QB is terrible . Make this game Dak v Coker and we win . Load 82 people in the box and stop the train. The pass , pass, pass!!

Percho
11-10-2015, 12:25 AM
Just two words.

I believe.....

BulldogBear
11-10-2015, 01:24 AM
I keep wanting to say no because I have been conditioned to do so. But the bigger picture including place, time, and schedule as well as intangibles, I'm seeing a win.

Keys to victory:

1) pressure on Coker
2) GO DOG GO. Whatever Bama gives Dak he must take it. If they give him 12 yards of green lush fields he needs to take it not throw an incomplete pass.
3) Cannot let them win field position game. ST very key

NCDawg
11-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Their punter is a major asset for them. He kept us with bad field position last year which was instrumental in their win.

Bucky Dog
11-10-2015, 03:21 AM
I told everyone after the KY game that we are beating Bama this year. I truly believe it. Now I will say it depends on if we win the turnover battle. I don't care if it is 1-0 or 3-2. But no one can really stop us on offense, and we are at home. I want the ball first to start the game so we can score first.

We will win 31-21.

Dental Dawg33
11-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Our offense has to sustain drives and keep their D spread out and all over the field. Keep our defense off of the field and rested. No turnovers on our behalf. LIMIT Henry and Drake (really no stopping them completely)...Protect Dak and limit pressure (couple of sacks will happen). Accomplish those things my friends, and we will be partying in the junction come 6pm.
Dawgs win 34-28

blacklistedbully
11-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Tennessee - Dobbs vs Bama
Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int QBRat
13 22 171 59.1 7.8 5 38 1 0 139.4

"Giving Bama fits" is a relative term. Yes, it was the best performance by a QB vs the Bama D by anyone this season, but these numbers aren't that special. Bama played flat and Tennessee played good D vs them, getting 5 sacks and an INT on Coker, and yet Bama still won.

Big difference for UT that day was RB Jalen Hurd. Perhaps Aeris could provide that for us Saturday, but if Dan insists on giving Shump many carries, we are probably in deep, deep, doo-doo. If Shump's running costs us one drive, that could be enough in this game.

This is where I get nervous about Dan's play-calling/player selection. We can't afford to waste any drives vs Bama.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Their punter is a major asset for them. He kept us with bad field position last year which was instrumental in their win.

But the place kicker has been questionable.

PendingTransaction
11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Can we respond with a TD after Henry's 63 yard TD on their first drive.

CadaverDawg
11-10-2015, 11:04 AM
This is where I get nervous about Dan's play-calling/player selection. We can't afford to waste any drives vs Bama.

I agree with this.

This is the key to the game IMO. If Dan wastes one single drive by trying to run Shump between the tackles, or plunging Dak up the gut on 3rd & 6...it could be enough to lose. Possessions are precious in games like this, and we can't afford to take a series off mentally. That leads to better field position for Bama and a tired MSU defense. Field position is going to be huge. We can't go 3 & out on our own 20, & we can't bend all game defensively to where our offense starts with our heels against our endzone every series.

Ultimately, it comes down to Dan and whether he tenses up in the moment. If he lets it rip AND Dak will take a few chances down field, we can win. But if we play the game as if we think we can run on them and/or waste possessions, we lose. I'd rather us lose 40-10 while letting it rip and doing everything we can to win, than to lose 27-24 while wasting possessions & playing conservative with regrets after the game.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 11:13 AM
We've got to keep them from getting 2nd & 5 and 3rd and short. There's actually a little hope here. Bama is last in the sec in TFL allowed and we're 4th in TFLs.

I think we're judging bama on their last game maybe a little too much. They haven't been that dominant most of the year.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Think the game comes down to how MSU plays in the redzone on offense. Sure, we could run the ball better last year, but this year we throw it better & Dak is a better player. As evidenced by last year's game, Dan's initial game plan sucked, but he absolutely found a way to move the ball as the game went on. MSU just failed to capitalize in the redzone. If MSU scores TDs in the redzone this weekend, MSU will win the game.

This graphic may make you want to throw up, but it should also bring some confidence. For Most of Mullen's tenure at MSU, we identify with MSU's offense against Bama being stalemated for no gain. However, that's not what happened last year. Mullen found something.

http://i.imgur.com/i2Xt6XS.jpg

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2015, 11:24 AM
We've got to keep them from getting 2nd & 5 and 3rd and short. There's actually a little hope here. Bama is last in the sec in TFL allowed and we're 4th in TFLs.

I think we're judging bama on their last game maybe a little too much. They haven't been that dominant most of the year.

I'm not worried about our defense. Bama is going to score between 17-24 points. That's what is going to happen. The question is if MSU can score more. Derrick Henry is what he is. He'll break off a few long runs, but he'll also get tackled behind the line on numerous occasions because he lacks vision. Bama is not going to light MSU up for 30-40 points. Manny and our defensive personnel is too good for that & Coker isn't good enough.

It comes down to MSU's offense in the Redzone

Schultzy
11-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Incurable optimist, I think it's a good matchup for us defensively against their downhill run game. I think Kiffin will try to throw it more this game with those TE's of theirs even on 1st down so stopping that will be key for us.

Dak will tuck and run a couple times early to help open up the field for our receivers. Can we score 14 in the first half? That would be a huge confidence boost and our defense is much better in the 2nd half than being given credit for.

It's going to be a great game that comes down to a few key plays in the last 20 minutes. This is not the mismatch some people perceive it to be and you know our guys want this game bad.

LC Dawg
11-10-2015, 11:32 AM

That's what I keep telling myself but they were so dominant in that LSU game that its hard to look past it. I do think it is going to be harder for Saban to motivate his guys coming into Starkville than playing LSU at home.
I'm trying to convince myself that we win but I'm not there yet. By Thursday or Friday I will probably have convinced myself.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 11:40 AM
That's what I keep telling myself but they were so dominant in that LSU game that its hard to look past it. I do think it is going to be harder for Saban to motivate his guys coming into Starkville than playing LSU at home.
I'm trying to convince myself that we win but I'm not there yet. By Thursday or Friday I will probably have convinced myself.

Right there with you haha

CadaverDawg
11-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Think the game comes down to how MSU plays in the redzone on offense. Sure, we could run the ball better last year, but this year we throw it better & Dak is a better player. As evidenced by last year's game, Dan's initial game plan sucked, but he absolutely found a way to move the ball as the game went on. MSU just failed to capitalize in the redzone. If MSU scores TDs in the redzone this weekend, MSU will win the game.

This graphic may make you want to throw up, but it should also bring some confidence. For Most of Mullen's tenure at MSU, we identify with MSU's offense against Bama being stalemated for no gain. However, that's not what happened last year. Mullen found something.

http://i.imgur.com/i2Xt6XS.jpg

3 turnovers hurt. Gotta limit those this weekend

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Exactly, but even with turnovers, MSU failed to score TDs in the redzone twice . If we capitalize on one of those, we win.

In some ways, MSU gave the game to Bama last year like Bama gave Ole Miss the game this year. We beat them in every stat yet lost because of 3 TOs. I know it's painful, but these stats should serve as a reminder that the players in our locker room think they blew the game last year & absolutely believe they can beat Bama.

I have absolutely no doubt that our players & coaches are operating with a lot of confidence this week. They have no reason not to

defiantdog
11-10-2015, 11:51 AM
If we can find a way to stop Henry, then we'll win. The guy has scored a touchdown in nearly every game he's played at Bama. If we force Coker to win the game for them, then we'll be fine. But that's up to our front 7 on defense. They have to be up for the task.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2015, 12:02 PM
If we can find a way to stop Henry, then we'll win. The guy has scored a touchdown in nearly every game he's played at Bama. If we force Coker to win the game for them, then we'll be fine. But that's up to our front 7 on defense. They have to be up for the task.

We'll have to agree to disagree. We've controlled their offense the last two times we've played them. What we haven't done is turn yards into points. This game will be won or lost by our ability to stick the ball in the endzone when in the redzone.

BulldogBacker
11-10-2015, 12:16 PM
I know we can.

coastdoglover
11-10-2015, 12:36 PM
We win if Dan plays to win and doesn't play scared. I would come out slinging and make them defend the whole field. I really like MSU this year and let's just hope the zebras give us a fair shake.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Don't worry guys, Dak's got this! Or I hope he does because I don't want to see this happen haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-soVTWVDEo

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2015, 01:24 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. We've controlled their offense the last two times we've played them. What we haven't done is turn yards into points. This game will be won or lost by our ability to stick the ball in the endzone when in the redzone.

I believe our team is more confident and mature this year than last year. We can make the third down. We can score the ball. I disagree with you about Henry. I fear we'll have trouble tackling him. But I BELIEVE we'll win the game. We won't lose it from being stupid. I'm confident of that.

Dental Dawg33
11-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Need everyone going nuts the entire game. Have to keep the atmosphere electric. Needs to be like the Auburn game last year, BUT BETTER

CadaverDawg
11-10-2015, 01:45 PM
What if we came out and just whooped their ass.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/20150414/5197361/let-s-do-it-animal-house-o.gif

NCDawg
11-10-2015, 02:03 PM
What if we came and just whooped their ass.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/20150414/5197361/let-s-do-it-animal-house-o.gif

Agree. Play with unbelievable relentless effort.

Percho
11-10-2015, 02:09 PM

At games end which turnovers hurt the most, our three or there one that got overturned? Or did it get overturned? Just what was the ruling?

TrapGame
11-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Agree. Play with unbelievable relentless effort.

And Strain.

msstate7
11-10-2015, 02:33 PM
At games end which turnovers hurt the most, our three or there one that got overturned? Or did it get overturned? Just what was the ruling?

Fumble on field reversed to td

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2015, 02:34 PM
I think their OL and Henry will run at will. Their DL will just be to much for us.

HOWEVER.....91, 92 and 94....we had good teams. They were very good. Those games were are all big games with a big game atmosphere. We played well but came up short in each game. I remember in 94 leaving Scott Field fighting mad because I had come to the harsh reality that we had given them our best shot and it wasnt good enough and it may never be. I went to the game in 96 convinced we would lose and lose bad. So did many other Bulldogs as empty seats were scattered all over the stadium. Rare for a Bama game..... I was just there to be there. Anyway, Keffer was hurt. (I forget our other RB) was hurt. We were down to 5'6" 150lbs RObert Issac at RB. We had lost a number of games already. We staring a losing season in the face. They were a top 10 team......we miraculously beat them. We got a couple of fluke plays on offense and Joe Lee Dunn's defense rose to the occassion, gave Freddie some fits and ensured a couple of TDs was all that was needed. We won. We beat Alabama for the first time in 15 years with a team that nobody gave a chance. I don't give us much a chance this year but Ill be watching and hoping..... Dak has a signature game....no picks in the redzone....no overthrows.....just a remarkable game. It will take that from Dak AND the OL but mainly the defense. The defense has to limit them to two scores. Otherwise......it is 91, 92, 94, 99, 12 and 14 all over again. Gosh I hate those bastards.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I think bama comes out and scores a td on the first drive and it rattles our crowd and team.

CANNOT allow this to happen. Of course the crowd can't control if they score but we can damn sure control how we respond. Our fans have to be mentally tough - no aww shucks bama scored better luck next year. We CANNOT allow them to affect the atmosphere no matter what they come out & do - we have to send the message to Bama that it's gonna be a long day no matter WTF happens - and we have to send a message of faith to our team that there's 60,000 other DAWGS in the house that have their back & know they can win.

Need everyone going nuts the entire game. Have to keep the atmosphere electric. Needs to be like the Auburn game last year, BUT BETTER

as big a key to the game as anything mentioned in this thread IMO. Can't have half the crowd on their ass watching the jumbotron 1st & 2nd down like the Kentucky game - I want to hear nothing but cowbell when there's players on the field - and an avalanche of voices when the center touches the ball. The most intimidating environment Coker has played in was making his debut in front of his own hick fans - and we need the TORTURE CHAMBER in full effect when he crosses the white line if we want this to be one of those games that have a life of their own.

BulldogBear
11-10-2015, 02:48 PM
I think their OL and Henry will run at will. Their DL will just be to much for us.

HOWEVER.....91, 92 and 94....we had good teams. They were very good. Those games were are all big games with a big game atmosphere. We played well but came up short in each game. I remember in 94 leaving Scott Field fighting mad because I had come to the harsh reality that we had given them our best shot and it wasnt good enough and it may never be. I went to the game in 96 convinced we would lose and lose bad. So did many other Bulldogs as empty seats were scattered all over the stadium. Rare for a Bama game..... I was just there to be there. Anyway, Keffer was hurt. (I forget our other RB) was hurt. We were down to 5'6" 150lbs RObert Issac at RB. We had lost a number of games already. We staring a losing season in the face. They were a top 10 team......we miraculously beat them. We got a couple of fluke plays on offense and Joe Lee Dunn's defense rose to the occassion, gave Freddie some fits and ensured a couple of TDs was all that was needed. We won. We beat Alabama for the first time in 15 years with a team that nobody gave a chance. I don't give us much a chance this year but Ill be watching and hoping..... Dak has a signature game....no picks in the redzone....no overthrows.....just a remarkable game. It will take that from Dak AND the OL but mainly the defense. The defense has to limit them to two scores. Otherwise......it is 91, 92, 94, 99, 12 and 14 all over again. Gosh I hate those bastards.

Probably not. They may look good for a couple of drives but Manny does a good job of generally stopping and/or taking away what you do best by half time. With rare exceptions our opponents' best offensive showing is usually the first quarter and it's generally all down hill from there. Their run game will look unstoppable for a drive or two and peter away. That is unless we're down and tired in the 4th. Once their run game is gone, what will they do? Throw INTs that's what. Defense will handle them well enough to win. What we have to do is not get handled by their defense, turn those 2nd and 3rd quarter INTs into points so they can't run the clock out in the 4th.

Note one of the intangibles is that this is the very example of a perfect trap game. They may still beat us, but there is no way they are going to play to the level they did in that huge game last week. Nobody does that. They didn't have a crap (really, I just mean not a contender) LSU team (2014) to play before us this year so we would get their best shot. Last year they played a near perfect game and they dang well better have!!! Otherwise we'd have gone 11-0 into the Egg Bowl.

Bama_Dawg
11-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Dear Scott Stricklin,

Please order 2 field goal goalposts for Scott Field. Installation time can be any time after 8pm on Saturday, November 14, 2015, but before Saturday, November 28. Paint them gold (if this is allowable).

We will need them.

Thanks!

Bama_Dawg

State82
11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Dear Scott Stricklin,

Please order 2 field goal goalposts for Scott Field. Installation time can be any time after 8pm on Saturday, November 14, 2015, but before Saturday, November 28. Paint them gold (if this is allowable).

We will need them.

Thanks!

Bama_Dawg

Nice.