PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds Made a Great Point This Morning

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Bo made a great point this morning about how much Dan wants to beat Bama and as a result how much he over coaches against them. This leads to a timid team that doesn't let loose and just play.

I believe it paramount that our players just go out and have fun this weekend. We have nothing to lose and just need to go have fun, be over aggressive, and slang it around the yard.

If your Mullen, considering the Keith Joseph situation and all that's at stake, how do you lighten things up this week and get the team to play loose and just have fun?

If your A micromanager like Mullen, how do you come to grips with the reality that less of you is better in this game? You have the best, most experience QB in the history of the school. Let him run the show and you stand to the side and just admire.

PassInterference
11-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Has Bo come to grips with our all-SEC LB being SEC-capable?

Jack Lambert
11-09-2015, 02:17 PM
I think he wants to beat everyone just as bad.

gravedigger
11-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Has Bo come to grips with our all-SEC LB being SEC-capable?

Amen.

blacklistedbully
11-09-2015, 02:29 PM
"Bo made..", "Bo said..." That's where you lost me. I don't give a damn what Bo says. His overwhelming desire to appease and/or gain credibility with the Black Bears causes him to, "eat his own". I will not support such a person.

Objectivity is fine. Being critical of your own team is fine. Going out of your way, or going overboard to do it in order to gain traction with UNM fans is unacceptable.

Jarius
11-09-2015, 02:45 PM
I heard him say this morning to Luginbill before he went to a break that "MSU will probably consider it a win this weekend if Dak stays healthy". I didn't get a chance to listen after that, but are you freaking kidding me? Seriously? He said nothing of the sort when Ole Miss was playing them ON THE ROAD. All he did was pump it up as the game of the century. That comment made my blood boil.

RougeDawg
11-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Title of this thread is an oxymoron.

blacklistedbully
11-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Title of this thread is an oxymoron.

Or an, "Oxfordmoron".

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2015, 02:53 PM
I heard him say this morning to Luginbill before he went to a break that "MSU will probably consider it a win this weekend if Dak stays healthy". I didn't get a chance to listen after that, but are you freaking kidding me? Seriously? He said nothing of the sort when Ole Miss was playing them ON THE ROAD. All he did was pump it up as the game of the century. That comment made my blood boil.

I agree with you and believe Bo often times lacks perspective and seems to be a prisoner of the moment. For example, Alabama only beat an average Tennessee team two weeks ago by 5 points, yet that doesn't get mentioned. All that's mentioned is that they beat down a team that they perfectly matchup with.

However, while agreeing with you, I'm taking a "show me" attitude this week. I'm so tired of crying for respect, only to see Mullen's teams come out timid, conservative, & tight in big games. I'm just not willing to fight it this week. I have no issue with the media telling me all week how MSU will be blown out.

At 2:30 on Saturday, It doesn't matter what the media has said. "Show me"

AlmostPositive
11-09-2015, 02:55 PM
BoBo Lifestyle is a pretty easy voice to ignore. He's trying to triangulate perceived homerism and maximized listenership. This is tough to do. I will give him credit for his energy and his success, but I have absolutely no desire to hear a word he says.

(Ordinarily I would have tuned in for some prime Woo Pig Lateral schadenfreude from Ole Miss University fans, but I don't even bother anymore...will wait for Paaaauullll F'Baum.

FISHDAWG
11-09-2015, 03:40 PM
you should post more often

JoseBrown
11-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't listen to Bo, so I don't expect him to say good things about our team.

As for me, if we don't spend the first half tip-toeing around the backfield trying to figure out how to run the ball, and let Dak run the show I think we have a good chance. My bro-in-law is a diehard Bama sidewalk fan. He was in t-town last year for the game. When he got back to town all he said was that Dak was an incredible QB. Said watching him play the second half up close blew him away. Also, that if we'd have called the same plays in the first half Dak would've destroyed them...

So I hope we play wide open and play fast! No thinking, just reacting and executing one game! HailState!

Mjoelner34
11-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Or an, "Oxfordmoron".

+1

Beaver
11-09-2015, 04:38 PM
If your Mullen, considering the Keith Joseph situation and all that's at stake, how do you lighten things up this week and get the team to play loose and just have fun?

He should go back and watch film of how we played in the Nick Bell 36 game vs Arkansas in 2010. Kind of a similar setup.. Arkansas had a good team and was expected to win, but we came out and played pretty loose, and should have won the game.