PDA

View Full Version : K Frashier named as AU starter

FISHDAWG
07-30-2013, 09:12 AM
I think our odds just improved

Auburn names Kiehl Frazier starting quarterback
Updated 8/24/2012 12:20 AM
Comments 2
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) – Sophomore Kiehl Frazier will start at quarterback in Auburn's opener against Clemson, but he said that's not the end goal.

maroonmania
07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Not surprised by that at all since Frazier was a recruit that Malzahn had a big hand in getting to Auburn. Frazier in Malzahn's system will be a much better QB than he was in the pro system they were trying to run last year. Will be interesting to see how things develop with that.

Dawg61
07-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Suprised he wasn't run off the Plains last year. MSU beats Auburn two years in a row. When's the last time we did that?

RBritt
07-30-2013, 09:29 AM
I hope nickoe, zach Jackson, Matt wells, and the Brown brothers beat Frazier's ass down like a piñata gettin hit by a coked out whiskey drunken fool.

Goat Holder
07-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Good grief, you idiot

Auburn names Kiehl Frazier starting quarterback
Updated 8/24/2012 12:20 AM
Comments 2
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) – Sophomore Kiehl Frazier will start at quarterback in Auburn's opener against Clemson, but he said that's not the end goal.

Dawg61
07-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Haha how'd I miss that too

FISHDAWG
07-30-2013, 09:50 AM
I didn't say against us ... point is they didn't know until just now who their starting QB will be and it looks like they think he is still their best QB .... got to look deeper Goat ... why does this post make me an idiot ?ETA - do you think they percieve us as more of a threat than Clemson ???

ETA - never mind Goat you were correct in your previous assesment

SignalToNoise
07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
I didn't say against us ... point is they didn't know until just now who their starting QB will be and it looks like they think he is still their best QB .... got to look deeper Goat ... why does this post make me an idiot ?ETA - do you think they percieve us as more of a threat than Clemson ???

That article is from last year. In other words, they haven't named a starter for the 2013 season. At least not by way of what you linked.

bocfarm
07-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Frazier is going to start, if he sucks it up they'll bring in Wallace, that's really the only two options

Dawg61
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
So in other words they'll be bringing in Wallace cause Frazier is guaranteed to suck it up. That dude was TERRIBLE last year! He looked like a 'dear in headlights' vs MSU last year. MSU beat his ass BAD!

bocfarm
07-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Frazier will be better in Malzahns offense though, he was forced to play in a system he never played in his entire football career. Not saying he's gonna light the world on fire but I expect him to be better utilized. Imagine if we played Relf in a pro-style offense.

BeastMan
07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
They signed a juco QB named Nick Marshall. He is who is battling it out with Frazier. Marshall is a great athlete and has a cannon. He was interception prone in juco but that didn't stop him from being the top dual threat juco QB last year

QuadrupleOption
07-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Suprised he wasn't run off the Plains last year. MSU beats Auburn two years in a row. When's the last time we did that?

'99 - '00, at the of a 4-year win streak I believe.

Pollodawg
07-30-2013, 10:21 AM
The problem with Frazier is no one is sure if he has figured out how to read a defense at all. Look at all of the ints he threw last season. I know it was a new offense for him, but damn, people. He had an entire off season to learn it. Surely, he should have known the routes and check downs better than that. Has any stopped and thought that maybe he isn't very bright and has a mediocre at best arm? Can Gus fix that?

The arm, no. But he can give him more options to run, and I am sure Gus will. However, the barners really wanted him to be the second coming of Newton, and he won't. There are only a handful of Tebows and Newtons in the world, and Frazier isn't one of them.

bocfarm
07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
They signed a juco QB named Nick Marshall. He is who is battling it out with Frazier. Marshall is a great athlete and has a cannon. He was interception prone in juco but that didn't stop him from being the top dual threat juco QB last year

I forgot about Jeremy Johnson as well. 5th-6th ranked QB last year 6'6'' 225....they have plenty of options, I think defense is going to be the difference maker...again

BeastMan
07-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I forgot about Jeremy Johnson as well. 5th-6th ranked QB last year 6'6'' 225....they have plenty of options, I think defense is going to be the difference maker...again

Johnson will be an option too but I think it will be Frazier. If he struggles, we will then see Marshall. Just my best guesses though

RougeDawg
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM

#RentedMule2.0?