PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou had success with that inside zone run...

HoopsDawg
11-09-2015, 10:45 AM
that's Derrick Henry's bread and butter. Better get that fixed this week.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Rewatched the game and when Mizzou was running wild there was a monsoon comming down. I don't think D plays were getting onto the field. Dry weather Mizzou don't score that touch down.

TXDawg
11-09-2015, 10:53 AM
If I recall, they only really dominated with it on one drive and that was in the pouring rain. It certainly needs to be our focus for Bama, though.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Mizzou was also holding (really tackling) our DT's, something else Bama is good at getting away with.

RougeDawg
11-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Mizzou was also holding (really tackling) our DT's, something else Bama is good at getting away with.

This. And they were holding elsewhere on that drive too. Almost looked as if the coaches told them "look it's raining, the refs will have a difficult time seeing things so do whatever it takes to keep the defenders away from the ball carrier."

thunderclap
11-09-2015, 11:42 AM
I'll go ahead and predict not one holding or pass interference call on Bama all day.

Dental Dawg33
11-09-2015, 12:03 PM
We have to make Coker beat us. If we can not limit Henry, it is going to be a long day. He is the real deal and very tough to bring down. Going to be a task to keep him around 100 yards rushing

EAVdog
11-09-2015, 12:32 PM
We're going to have to simply outscore them. See Ole Miss v Bama 2015.

Dak is going to have to sling it 50 times.

PMDawg
11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
I'll go ahead and predict not one holding or pass interference call on Bama all day.

Yeah, Bama wore LSU out, so I'm not saying it really affected the game - but they were just grabbing LSU defenders and pulling/pushing them out of the way all night. It was blatant.

PassInterference
11-09-2015, 12:59 PM
We're going to have to simply outscore them. See Ole Miss v Bama 2015.

Bama lost that game because Bama committed 5 unforced turnovers.

Now Bama does give up 33+ points per game to pass heavy teams. So we're going to have to throw a lot, which we can do. I do think we need to commit enough to running to keep Bama honest about defending the run.

I am sure Dan knows how to attack a defense that is committed to stopping the run.

And should Bama be playing for the pass all night, we'll just have to run it. If I were Saban, I scheme to defend passes and hope Shump gets the rock on running plays.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2015, 02:27 PM
We have to make Coker beat us. If we can not limit Henry, it is going to be a long day. He is the real deal and very tough to bring down. Going to be a task to keep him around 100 yards rushing

LSU's running back had over 150 on us and we still almost beat them.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-09-2015, 06:58 PM
In the pouring rain...