PDA

View Full Version : Bob Carskadon's tweet made me think about this

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 05:56 PM
OK- standings tiebreakers guru's:

MSU- we win out.

LSU- beats Ole Miss and loses to Texas A&M or Arkansas or both of them.

Alabama- loses to MSU but wins the Iron Bowl.

Ole Miss loses to LSU and to MSU

WE win the SEC West? Correct?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 05:59 PM

MSU- we win out.

It aint no LSU loses to A&M or Arkansas?they would HAVE to lose to both of them if they beat OM. They would win H2h against us with 2 losses

msstate7
11-08-2015, 06:00 PM
If we beat bama, lsu will win west. Just don't see lsu losing again. Ark, om, and aTm will pay for bama shutting down LF

missouridawg
11-08-2015, 06:01 PM
It aint no LSU loses to A&M or Arkansas?they would HAVE to lose to both of them if they beat OM. They would win H2h against us with 2 losses

But if is a 3 way tie with Bama and LSU and us... Then our win against OM would put us in. If Bama loses to us and Auburn, then it's only a 2 way tie, which we lose to LSU.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2015, 06:08 PM

Nope. A 3-way tie favors us.

This is the most likely way that we can win the West, in my opinion...

MSU win out
+ LSU lose to Ark OR the Black Bears of Northern Miss
= We win the West

That's it. We just need to win out & have LSU lose 1 more. Alabama will also have to beat Auburn, but that will happen. The toughest part is us winning out...I could easily see LSU losing to Ark or OM. LSU isn't a great team.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2015, 06:15 PM
If we beat bama, lsu will win west. Just don't see lsu losing again. Ark, om, and aTm will pay for bama shutting down LF

I disagree, I think, as fans, we make way to much out of a team being upset.

The way I see it, is that LSU is one demensional & potentially lacking some confidence after last night. I'm actually on the other side of your opinion, I expect LSU to lose another game, just not sure it will be to Ole Miss

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 06:21 PM
wonderful!

dawg27
11-08-2015, 06:30 PM
I disagree, I think, as fans, we make way to much out of a team being upset.

The way I see it, is that LSU is one demensional & potentially lacking some confidence after last night. I'm actually on the other side of your opinion, I expect LSU to lose another game, just not sure it will be to Ole Miss
But would they not have the head to head on us?

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 06:33 PM
But would they not have the head to head on us?

Yes, but I wonder (not 100% sure) if us beating to Bama would trump that? Bama having the same record as MSU and LSU has to factor in there as well.

TheRef
11-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Yes, but I wonder (not 100% sure) if us beating to Bama would trump that? Bama having the same record as MSU and LSU has to factor in there as well.

H2H is the next tiebreaker when the teams have the same record.

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 06:43 PM
H2H is the next tiebreaker when the teams have the same record.

OK.

So, it would be:

MSU- loss to LSU, win over Bama

Bama- loss to MSU, win over LSU

LSU- loss to Bama, win over MSU

And then assuming the conference records are the same, it looks to me like it would have to go to another tie breaker beyond H2H.

TheRef
11-08-2015, 06:46 PM
OK.

So, it would be:

MSU- loss to LSU, win over Bama

Bama- loss to MSU, win over LSU

LSU- loss to Bama, win over MSU

And then assuming the conference records are the same, it looks to me like it would have to go to another tie breaker beyond H2H.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11145479/sec-divisional-tie-breaker

Here you go....all tiebreaker rules for football from 2014

Schultzy
11-08-2015, 06:52 PM
So if we win out and UNM beats Lsu then their win over the Tigahs puts us in Atlanta.

My schadenfreud knows no bounds this weekend.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2015, 06:54 PM

MSU- we win out.

I am not one bit worried about winning the West. In my mind too much has to happen. What I am pulling for is the Sugar Bowl.

GreenheadDawg
11-08-2015, 06:58 PM
I am not one bit worried about winning the West. In my mind too much has to happen. What I am pulling for is the Sugar Bowl.

I'm with you. If we beat Bama then I will jump on the train and get my hopes up. But until we show that we can play with the big boys in big games I'm gonna assume business as usual. I've been burnt way too many times getting my hopes up with MSU football

Bucky Dog
11-08-2015, 07:15 PM
"So you're saying we have a chance!"

TheRef
11-08-2015, 07:20 PM
"So you're saying we have a chance!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

blacklistedbully
11-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Guys, if we are in a 3-way tie and aTm finishes with the same or better record as Ole Miss, we will lose the tie-breaker. We CANNOT have aTm involved in the tie-breaker unless they beat LSU.

blacklistedbully
11-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Not that much needs to happen. We win out, LSU loses 1 of UPig, UNM and/or aTm with UNM finishing ahead of aTm and we are in. Or, if LSU loses 2 more and we win out, we are in.

BulldogBear
11-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Not that much needs to happen. We win out, LSU loses 1 of UPig, UNM and/or aTm with UNM finishing ahead of aTm and we are in. Or, if LSU loses 2 more and we win out, we are in.

This. We should be plenty motivated. We have as much chance of winning the division as Bama. If we beat them LSU had pretty much better win out.

We won every 3 way tie scenario unless UMISS finishes behind TAMU.

archdog
11-08-2015, 09:45 PM
If aTm finishes with the same record as UM, the UM would be higher in the secw rankings and would be the 1st deciding factor for our trip to Atlanta. UM would have beat LSU and Bama, we would have beat UM. Therefore we win the west. If Bama, LSU, and MSU all are tied at 2 losses.

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 09:50 PM

There's a good chance that winning the West would do that for us since I'm not sure that winning the SEC would put us in the playoff since we have two losses.

Pollodawg
11-08-2015, 10:18 PM
The only thing that sucks about this whole deal is that if State wins Sat. we put OM right back in play for the West, don't we?

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 11:00 PM
The only thing that sucks about this whole deal is that if State wins Sat. we put OM right back in play for the West, don't we?

For the time being- yes I think you are correct.

But that also means that they have to pull for us.

SDDawg
11-09-2015, 01:45 AM
For the time being- yes I think you are correct.

But that also means that they have to pull for us.

What a weird 3 week stretch this is going to be...

tcdog70
11-09-2015, 09:41 AM
How about let's just whip Bama before we go counting the chickens.A whole lot of football has got to be played before you should figure who's in and who's out. We have the toughest 3 game stretch of our season and we need to win them 1 at a time. We have been here before and failed big time. I think our up coming game will be more Bama vs Tenn. rather than Bama vs LSU.. Bama's kryptonite is the spread and an elite QB. i think we have the QB to beat them if Dan will unleash Him and our playbook.The Bear is a huge mismatch and could be Dan's "Secret Weapon". Every time they go man coverage throw to Wilson.