PDA

View Full Version : Has the implosion increased??

Drugdog
07-30-2013, 07:17 AM
http://t.info.cspire.com//r/?id=hd2af474,32d8586,32d8590&p1=a.idio.co/r?o=2&d=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.al.com%2Fsports%2Findex.ssf%2F2 013%2F07%2Fole_miss_commitment_cj_hampton.html&c=cspire

Thick
07-30-2013, 07:43 AM
I would not mind Hampton crushing Bucky's heart on signing day. Matter of fact, I hope that he does.

The Croom Diaries
07-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Now lets watch how the Rebs react. My guess is they are quiet and confident like usual. If so, our fans need to take notes. A prospect is more likely to stay committed to a school that is confident in themselves rather than one who is freaking out. 'Why are they freaking out, are they that bad, am I all they have, do I really want to go there?' is running through their heads. It's like approaching a girl, you have to be confident otherwise she will think you can't get anyone so there must be something wrong with you.

FISHDAWG
07-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Now lets watch how the Rebs react. My guess is they are quiet and confident like usual. If so, our fans need to take notes. A prospect is more likely to stay committed to a school that is confident in themselves rather than one who is freaking out. 'Why are they freaking out, are they that bad, am I all they have, do I really want to go there?' is running through their heads. It's like approaching a girl, you have to be confident otherwise she will think you can't get anyone so there must be something wrong with you.

time for MSU psycho ops dept. counter-intelligence division to commence "operation retribution" ..... retaliationforchrisjonesandcjjohnsonku

msstate7
07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Hope we're at least one of unofficials

Dawgface
07-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Never have understood how a kid can be committed, but wants to check out other options. They are a soft verbal at most.

FISHDAWG
07-30-2013, 09:16 AM
did we lose one or two OV's with the probation ? ... I would love to see him come here on a UV just to piss them off

Goat Holder
07-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Any particular reason why we're not even in the picture?

msstate7
07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Any particular reason why we're not even in the picture?

It's a mystery to me. Seems with NW being a senior, Hampton would see an opportunity for early pt.

msstate7
07-30-2013, 09:48 AM
If I was a top recruit like cj, I'd use my unofficial visits for OM, state, auburn, Alabama, etc. I'd use officials for like Miami, Hawaii, ucla, Syracuse, etc.

Rick Danko
07-30-2013, 09:57 AM
If I was a top recruit like cj, I'd use my unofficial visits for OM, state, auburn, Alabama, etc. I'd use officials for like Miami, Hawaii, ucla, Syracuse, etc.

That's an interesting take and discussion. Do teams like Hawaii, Syracuse, etc., who are not now nor ever have been your traditional football powerhouses (I know Syracuse was many years ago), know in the front end "hey this kid is basically giving me face time on an OV just to get to do some sight seeing" or do they believe they have a legitimate shot. I have often wondered how that works, especially with a team like Hawaii. It cannot be cheap getting someone on an OV there so you have to believe they would only bring in those they really thought they had a shot with. But I am like you, if I was to get a free trip to Hawaii that would be hard to turn down.

Dawg61
07-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Those 'destination' schools don't give out invites to players in MS that have no intentions of committing. They don't get an endless supply to hand out to recruits. They'd be idiots to do that.

Rick Danko
07-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Basically what I figured just curious mostly. But at the same time, if someone shows you "interest" you send them an invite and at the end of the trip, "thanks coach you gave me a lot to think about." Then as soon as said recruit is on the plane, "that was fun, but no way in hell I'm going to play football in Hawaii." And this does not have to be just Mississippi based, hell anywhere in America, a recruit could do this to them. I guarantee you that is a challenge for Hawaii especially that they have to be very careful of.

I seen it dawg
07-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I would imagine those places vet these visits out pretty well before getting a kid to come.

mic
07-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Don't be surprised if Aubbie is a big player for him ... They tend to flip more kids than any other school and they may be the most dirty of any of the SEC schools.

BiscuitEater
07-30-2013, 04:43 PM

Miami, California & Hawaii but 'who' wants to go see Syracuse in Dec/Jan?

Unless one really wants to do a little ice fishing on Lake Onondaga, it's one cold place after HS football season.

engie
07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
We'll be in the game before it's over... JMO...

msstate7
07-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Miami, California & Hawaii but 'who' wants to go see Syracuse in Dec/Jan?

Unless one really wants to do a little ice fishing on Lake Onondaga, it's one cold place after HS football season.

Just thinking New York would be cool place to visit

HancockCountyDog
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
We'll be in the game before it's over... JMO...

I've been hearing that its 65/35 OM over Bama, but that it is a long way until signing day.

Buddy
07-30-2013, 08:26 PM
I would imagine those places vet these visits out pretty well before getting a kid to come.

Not all the time.... Funny story. Had a student working in my office a few years ago. He played football at Terry HS and was a DL. He was about 5'10" and weighed
about 280. His coach sent out highlight tapes to a bunch of colleges (including Hawaii). However, on the game tape, the announcer somehow got this kid's measurables
mixed up with another player on his team and said he was 6'2". Hawaii called and set up an official visit without asking the coach to verify the kid's size. He says he got
off the airplane and there was a coach there looking all around for him but kept looking past him for somebody else. He said the coach was "shocked" when he finally
realized that he was the guy. Says he had a great time on his visit but they never called him back.

He went on to play a couple of years at Millsaps or somewhere like that.

CooterDavenport
07-31-2013, 03:34 PM
Upstate NY is cool and all, but I doubt too many recruits are thinking about B&Bs near the Finger Lakes.

msstate7
07-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Upstate NY is cool and all, but I doubt too many recruits are thinking about B&Bs near the Finger Lakes.

Just did a search and saw Syracuse 3.5 hours from NYC. I thought it was much closer for some reason. Scratch Syracuse