PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Nothing But Opportunity Edition

Coach34
11-08-2015, 11:09 AM
1. It seemed like this past week just crawled by until Thursday evening finally arrived. I was expecting a big weekend of football- and it did not disappoint. Big win at Mizzou. We played a team in bad weather at their house- and they were ready to play. We made it look pretty easy and just took apart their D. Then the Pigs did their thing- and Bama took care of business.

2. Rufus was terrible for us early on- missing twists and getting beat on the speed rush. He adapted ok- but then got hurt. Putting Malone at LT made our OL better. We got more push upfront in the 2nd half. Malone needs reps and got beat on the speed rush a couple of times because he hasnt had them- but our OL is better with him at LT and Calhoun at RG. Please keep it this way. Please. Bama will throw Rufus on top of Dak- Malone at least gives us a chance. Pass pro is paramount this week as it will take 50 passes to beat Bama.

3. Good playcall by Dan Walsh for the TD on the 1st drive. They locked up man with no safety deep- we had good protection- and Dakota made a perfect read and throw to Fred for the TD. It was the same route he missed Myles on vs A&M. Fred and DeRunnya have taken over as the SEC's best WR duo. These two have to win battles for us to beat Bammer. Must have 20 catches between the two. Ride with your best and let the cards fall where they may Dan Walsh.

4. Worst we've been at RB since Tay Galloway and that group toted the rock for us. It's obvious that we should have ridden the Freshmen early and made them grow up. Aeris is the man right now- play him. Holloway is going to keep fumbling here and there because he gets the piss knocked out of him time and again. Holloway is like butter- you add it to your food but its not your food. Aeris and DLee are the meat and potatoes- run them and let it happen.

5. Chris Jones and Nick James played very well. Chris missed 2 sacks he should have had- but he was disruptive all night. Got to finish those sacks. Nick is really showing the potential we always knew he had. We ran some 40 Slide Thursday night- putting Nick at NG- looked good at times doing it. I love our pass rush when we put AJ at NG and bring pressure- we did this on at least one of our sacks. Our DL has to play their best game Saturday night for us to have a chance. We have got to pressure Coker into some bad plays and limit their run game.

6. Our LB play was average at best against Mizzou. We didnt do very well plugging the gaps vs their zone scheme. Browns got cut off or pushed past too many plays in their run game. Same with Green. Green has so much talent but his reads are still too slow, allowing linemen to get into his body too much. They will get faster with time obviously- just have high expectations there and you can see why he isnt playing more.

7. Peters finally got a start- and played well. Coman did too. Smokey got picked on some- but he is still very green at the position. Needs another Spring to really work on being a good DB. His ball skills and breaks are fine- recognition and instincts arent there yet. 7 is playing solid ball- he better get ready- they will be coming after his ass Saturday.

8. We had the back-up D in after they blocked the punt and had the short field. Cant have ST errors like that and I hope like hell we dont do that vs Bama. Cant have the 2's in on short field situations- I dont care if its their rotation or not.

9. Stonehands dropped a TD chance for him. C'mon Mane. I really hate Shump had his TD called back- but Hutch was holding. Shump needed something good to happen to him.

10. 18 TD's to only 1 pick this season. 66.7% completion. One of the nation's best players. This Saturday is Dakota's Heisman moment. Perform well and he is going to NYC. 2 or 3 picks and he is just going to get a few 3rd place votes here and there. Saturday makes or breaks him for the Heisman. I hope Dan Walsh has a good plan and the protection is there.

11. How bout those Pigs? Did exactly as you have to with Ole Miss D- be physical upfront, dont allow rushers to come free, and play-action them to death. Thats what happens when they cheat those Safeties up all the damn time- Allen throws for tons of yards. You notice the Pigs didnt run sideways against them- just kept pounding with the rungame straight ahead. LSU is going to do the same to them- and if Harris makes a few throws- they will score a ton of points also. Hopefully the weather wont be awful in FayetteNam in 2 weeks- we'll throw for 300+ on that D also.

12. Rally Round The Family more than ever this week. Between the horrible loss we suffered with the Josephs and Bama week- we've got to be a tight unit. That's what is great about sports- it brings people together- regardless of race or whatever. When State scores or makes a great play- fans high-five, hug, and other various forms of celebration- and in those moments do not care about the other fan's color, sexual orientation, religious or political views....just that they are State fans. Rally Round The Family, celebrate the lives that Keith and Keith Jr led- remembering the good times, and let's get ready to fill that stadium Saturday with our Family- doing our best to help our team take down the Giant. It wont be easy this week- but nothing worth having really ever is. We've pulled the unexpected vs Bammer before- I want to see it again Saturday. Rally Round The Family

C34

PassInterference
11-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Very well said:

12. Rally Round The Family more than ever this week. Between the horrible loss we suffered with the Josephs and Bama week- we've got to be a tight unit. That's what is great about sports- it brings people together- regardless of race or whatever. When State scores or makes a great play- fans high-five, hug, and other various forms of celebration- and in those moments do not care about the other fan's color, sexual orientation, religious or political views....just that they are State fans. Rally Round The Family, celebrate the lives that Keith and Keith Jr led- remembering the good times, and let's get ready to fill that stadium Saturday with our Family- doing our best to help our team take down the Giant. It wont be easy this week- but nothing worth having really ever is. We've pulled the unexpected vs Bammer before- I want to see it again Saturday. Rally Round The Family

sleepy dawg
11-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Just to be clear, you call Dan Mullen Dan Walsh because you think he's a future hall of famer right?

SDDawg
11-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Nice job C34, this is a big week for our program, very sad with the loss of the Joseph's but also a huge opportunity, and there will be a lot of emotion involved. You captured it well. Hail State.

sleepy dawg
11-08-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm actually surprised more hasn't been said about Morrow's drop (or maybe I just missed it). Had he caught it, that may have been my favorite play of the season. I thought we just had a busted ass play for a huge loss in the backfield, then realized Dak still had it. Dak threw a perfect pass... so beautiful, only to bounce right out of Morrows hands.

defiantdog
11-08-2015, 12:31 PM
G. Green is going to be dynamic. He's still young, but he's catching on quickly. The interception was heads up. He'll be a Bernardrick 2.0 in no time.

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Will Malone start at LT and can he catch on to the position with that much preparation? If he can and is an upgrade that would be huge.

mic
11-08-2015, 01:56 PM
G. Green is going to be dynamic. He's still young, but he's catching on quickly. The interception was heads up. He'll be a Bernardrick 2.0 in no time.

He is future star but I think he could be a future Top 5 NFL pick at DE...

defiantdog
11-08-2015, 02:07 PM

He'd benefit more from a 3-4 defense, without a doubt.

msstate7
11-08-2015, 02:07 PM

If Leo is what we think he is, I think we should play green at de or at least let him play there some. Gonna suck if we only see 1 of green, Richie, and Leo on the field at a time next season