PDA

View Full Version : Athlon expects 11 SEC teams to advance to bowl games in 2013 By Brandon Marcello | b

Drugdog
07-30-2013, 07:10 AM
I don't look for us to be in Birmingham.

Athlon expects 11 SEC teams to advance to bowl games in 2013
By Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM, updated July 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM
View/Post Comments
Preseason camps at Alabama and Auburn begin Friday and the season is still more than one month away, but it's never too early for Athlon to look ahead to the postseason.

In its bowl projections released today the publication expects the Southeastern Conference to lead the nation with a record 11 teams in the bowl system.

The magazine predicts Alabama and Ohio State will meet in the national title game -- a popular pick among the preseason publications. Auburn is expected to return to the postseason and reach the AdvoCare V100 Bowl (formerly the Independence Bowl) and face North Carolina State on Dec. 31 in Gus Malzahn's first season.

Nine SEC teams advanced to the postseason in 2012, the conference's first year with 14 teams. All nine teams were favored heading into their bowl games, but the conference finished with a 6-3 record.

Click here to see Athlon's full list of bowl projections for the upcoming season.

Music City: Ole Miss vs. Georgia Tech
AdvoCare V100: North Carolina State vs. Auburn
Liberty: Tulsa vs. Tennessee
Chick-fil-A: South Carolina vs. Florida State
Gator: Vanderbilt vs. Michigan State
Capital One: Texas A&M vs. Wisconsin
Outback: Florida vs. Nebraska
Sugar: Georgia vs. Louisville
Cotton: Texas vs. LSU
BBVA Compass: Mississippi State vs. UCF
BCS Championship: Alabama vs. Ohio State

View/Post Comments
Related Stories
T.J. Yeldon, Amari Cooper headline Athlon's 2013 All-Sophomore team Alabama ranked No. 1 in Athlon's preseason Top 25

The Croom Diaries
07-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Looks pretty reasonable to me. B'ham had Ole Miss last year so I think they'd be down the list. Assuming we are 6-6, 7-5 as per the general consensus, I'd say that bowl would prefer 1. Auburn 2. MSU 3. UT 4. Vandy 5. OM

The Liberty would like to have us, but probably they'd rather have UT. I'm sure Nashville would love to have the Rebs over us considering we were just there and they'd have more excitement over us for that game. No way the Gator wants us yet again. I could definitely see the Independence as well. Other than that there is slim to no chance we will have a better record than UF, Bama, LSU, USC, UGA or A&M so that erases 2 BCS bowls, Capitol one, Peach, Cotton and Outback as options.

I'd place odds at most likely to be-
1. Shreveport
2. B'ham
3. Memphis
4. Nashville
5. Jacksonville

Drugdog
07-30-2013, 08:25 AM
I will be looking forward to the 2 new bowls next year. They are going to be a welcome addition.