PDA

View Full Version : Bama's D vs LSU will not be the same vs MSU

Coach007
11-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Understand that Bama sold out to the run 100% and to get to the QB. Anybody thinking they will sell out to stopping our run game isnt really grasping football.

They sold out to the extent of putting how many in the box no matter what? Was there a spy on the LSU RB?

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Understand that Bama sold out to the run 100% and to get to the QB. Anybody thinking they will sell out to stopping our run game isnt really grasping football.

They could stop our run game with the water boy. Dak better bring his A game Saturday and throw for 400.

Statefan
11-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Bama can rush 3 and stop our running attack and probably get pressure on Dak from the left side

Coach007
11-08-2015, 11:02 AM
They could stop our run game with the water boy. Dak better bring his A game Saturday and throw for 400.

No they cant. The reason they cant is due to our passing threat. They wont play us the same as LSU. Most believe the run game to be a power back up the middle. That's not true. Part of our passes are run game extensions.

In short, when they Spy Dak, it works to our advantage. When they don't... then they don't feel his legs are a threat and passing becomes harder. Therefore, you have to run to keep that defense off balance and from not going all out vs the pass.

Coach007
11-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Bama can rush 3 and stop our running attack and probably get pressure on Dak from the left side

They will bank on it. We should bank on them trying it.

If they can stop our run with a 3 man front, and put pressure on dak... It will get very very ugly fast.

Statefan
11-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Coach, how many points do you think we are going to need to score to win? I'm hoping the 38 carries wear Henry down some

Coach007
11-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Coach, how many points do you think we are going to need to score to win? I'm hoping the 38 carries wear Henry down some

I think we need 28.

RiverCityDawg
11-08-2015, 11:48 AM

They sold out to the extent of putting how many in the box no matter what? Was there a spy on the LSU RB?

I was at the game and paying very close attention... Alabama was NOT overloading the box. They stopped them with 6 in the box for most of the night. Obviously they would bring more guys in if LSU went heavy, but there was no overloading if the numbers weren't there.

LSU's play calling was predictable (as usual) so Alabama's defense was easily able to diagnose and attack the line of scrimmage. That part will be different against us, but they will still be able to stop our run and get pressure with just their front. They'll keep safeties back and likely bracket Bear at all times to avoid the big play. No surprise, but we'll need Dak to be razor sharp and we'll have to take full advantage of any mistakes to have a chance.

Sacrifice
11-08-2015, 11:58 AM
What worries me the most about Bamas D is there secondary. They cover our recievers like blankets. Daks gonna have to be extremely sharp with his passes and we're gonna have to hit some deep shots. Mullen is gonna have to earn his money and throw the kitchen sink at them. If somethings not working, we can't wait 2.5 quarters to make an adjustment. I think our D can hold them below 25 points.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2015, 12:07 PM
I think we need 28.

Bama will not score 28 on us. It will be a low scoring game. We will sell out to stop the run. Coker not even an average passer. Our DB's will be able to play man to man. He did not impress me last night nor has he all season. He threw some pretty shitty passes last night.

TUSK
11-08-2015, 12:48 PM
I was at the game and paying very close attention... Alabama was NOT overloading the box. They stopped them with 6 in the box for most of the night. Obviously they would bring more guys in if LSU went heavy, but there was no overloading if the numbers weren't there.

LSU's play calling was predictable (as usual) so Alabama's defense was easily able to diagnose and attack the line of scrimmage. That part will be different against us, but they will still be able to stop our run and get pressure with just their front. They'll keep safeties back and likely bracket Bear at all times to avoid the big play. No surprise, but we'll need Dak to be razor sharp and we'll have to take full advantage of any mistakes to have a chance.

This is correct...

basedog
11-08-2015, 12:56 PM

The difference in Lsu and Msu, we are a spread offense, Lsu is a power offense which is Bama's strength and Miles played right into it in his game plan. Let's hope Bama turns the ball over and Dak plays Heisman like. We are a much better team at home, we can't run the ball very well but we sure can pass extremely well with 4 and 5 wideouts. I hope Bama puts 6 in the box.

TUSK
11-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Bama will not score 28 on us. It will be a low scoring game. We will sell out to stop the run. Coker not even an average passer. Our DB's will be able to play man to man. He did not impress me last night nor has he all season. He threw some pretty shitty passes last night.

Calvin Ridley approves this...

Jarius
11-08-2015, 01:07 PM
I really wish someone would stick a fork in this guy's ass....at least for this week. I doubt very many people want to hear his bull shit this week.

basedog
11-08-2015, 01:09 PM
I really wish someone would stick a fork in this guy's ass....at least for this week. I doubt very many people want to hear his bull shit this week.

Totally agree.

SDDawg
11-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Bama's secondary is not good. I don't care what anyone says, they have athletes but they don't play well as a unit and they are exposed deep a lot. I think we can beat Bama in the passing game, and if they sell out there then Dak will beat them with check downs and with his feet as needed. The O-line doesn't have to be amazing either, just reasonable.

mparkerfd20
11-08-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm in favor of a 1 week ban in the spirit of rivalry.

bulldawg28
11-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Fawk Bama!!#

Dawgface
11-08-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm in favor of a 1 week ban in the spirit of rivalry.

yep

Coach007
11-08-2015, 05:49 PM

Please read it again.

Coach34
11-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Bama is going to put 5 in the box vs us and cover with 6. Whether its a4-1 look or 3-2 look in the box- they will try to control our run game with 5.

sbcmortgageman
11-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Let's ban that idiot Bama poster for this week.

bulldawg28
11-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Bama is going to put 5 in the box vs us and cover with 6. Whether its a4-1 look or 3-2 look in the box- they will try to control our run game with 5.

If they put 5 in the box we'll run the ball successfully. Also, I'm sure you've noticed those DL there gas easily in the 2nd half for them

Coach007
11-08-2015, 08:52 PM
You bet! They are not worried about our run, and we have to prove to them we can. Does that mean runs up the middle with a 165 pound back? Not in my opinion. Do we have to run it 50% of the time...? No. Do we have to be successful running? Yes. The measurement for success is whatever keeps Dak able to pass and to pick up yards when they count.

MSUDawg99
11-08-2015, 08:57 PM
What worries me the most about Bamas D is there secondary. They cover our recievers like blankets. Daks gonna have to be extremely sharp with his passes and we're gonna have to hit some deep shots. Mullen is gonna have to earn his money and throw the kitchen sink at them. If somethings not working, we can't wait 2.5 quarters to make an adjustment. I think our D can hold them below 25 points.

I was at the game too. Their secondary is their weakness. Its not that great.