PDA

View Full Version : I have to wonder

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2015, 10:28 AM
The historic TSUN class' career is almost over. The best they accomplished was a mid tier bowl. So the bear lurkers here I have to ask you...were these players over rated or is your coaching staff just incompetent?

Jacksondevildog
11-08-2015, 10:34 AM
They put all of their eggs in the basket for the 2013 class. The boosters went all in more than they ever had before. They felt that this class, as they matured, would content for the SEC West and get them to Atlanta. Hell, I even thought it was possible, because, on paper, they had the talent. The culture in Oxford is toxic. Head cases on the team. Me first guys. Players worrying about their NFL stock. The Rebel fans know that Tunsil, Nkemdiche, and Treadwell are gone after this year. Kelly may test the water because they lose a lot and the line will suck next year. He can make an NFL roster because of his uncles connections and he's shown that he can make the throws. Reality has set in and it's killing them. NCAA sanctions coming will be the icing on the cake.

Bubb Rubb
11-08-2015, 10:43 AM
This is what happens when you bring in mercenaries. A lot of these guys have no loyalty to the school, and no goal or objective above getting into the league. There are many others on that roster who do love their school. It causes locker room problems.

PassInterference
11-08-2015, 11:08 AM
There are no shortcuts in college football. A handful of elite players on a roster of average to below average players coached by rookie to beginner level coaches is going to net you a lot of media hype, low tier bowls, and maybe one lightning in a bottle shot at a mid-tier bowl.

I think Ole Miss was also hoping the media hype would be a sustainer of better crootin to pick up for the fact that The Network can't fund the entire roster.