PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dan...

CadaverDawg
11-07-2015, 11:40 PM
We may not beat Bama next weekend, but please promise us that we will utilize every single creative thought we've got in order to put forth our best effort. No wasted plays...no conservative calls...no playing it safe. Call the most imaginative game of your life, let our best player ever let it rip, and let the chips fall where they may. No regrets. Dak is as experienced as you can be, so there's nothing to protect anymore...gotta let the Heisman heisman and hope our players make plays.

Leave it all on the field. You and Dak can lead us to victory if you let it rip like there is no tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Cadaver & all MSU fans

Todd4State
11-07-2015, 11:43 PM
AMEN BROTHER.

I want to win and I certainly hope we do- but if we are so unfortunate as to lose I hope it's letting everything hang out, playing loose and having fun playing football out there.

And I am going to take this a step further- DAN MUST WIN THIS GAME for us to advance as a program.

That's not to say that Dan hasn't done a good job, sucks, or whatever. BUT if we want the respect that we want our team has to earn it by beating them. If we lose, we're the same program that's not quite upper tier and "good ol' MSU" in the eyes of the media. IF WE BEAT BAMA- we are going to be seen as an upper echelon program.

See Ole Miss the past two seasons. Yes, we now know that it is "fool's gold" (well, WE all knew those wins were flukes, but the media didn't) because of how Ole Miss performed after those wins- but IF we win we may very well get right back on the cover of SI and we will shoot up the rankings.

Same as the LSU win last year basically too- that was when we first started to get respect. But beating Bama is the final step.

So- Dan, let's do it. I know you can. Just TRUST YOURSELF and your abilities and get it done.

bluelightstar
11-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Agreed. Not interested in one of those games where it's obvious we were never going to win but we lose 20-7 so it was "close"

ScoobaDawg
11-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Nope... gotta play conservative. Cant make any mistakes ***

Hopefully our 2nd half team and defense come out to start the game...

TrapGame
11-07-2015, 11:47 PM
And Dan will answer you by running Shump up the middle three times.**

dawgs
11-07-2015, 11:47 PM
If we come out running between the tackles like last year I may just turn it off and find something productive to do with my Saturday. Bama's vulnerable in the secondary, and we have to attack it. Lsu has the best RB in CFB and a much better OL than we do and they couldn't run it, so there is no point in thinking we can come out and establish the run. Get the D spread out sideline to sideline and then maybe we can pop a few runs between the tackles.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 11:48 PM
We may not beat Bama next weekend, but please promise us that we will utilize every single creative thought we've got in order to put forth our best effort. No wasted plays...no conservative calls...no playing it safe. Call the most imaginative game of your life, let our best player ever let it rip, and let the chips fall where they may. No regrets. Dak is as experienced as you can be, so there's nothing to protect anymore...gotta let the Heisman heisman and hope our players make plays.

Leave it all on the field. You and Dak can lead us to victory if you let it rip like there is no tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Cadaver & all MSU fans

**** YEAH!!!! Beat me to it!

Well said....

Also, dear players, it's time for revenge. Last year this group took it from you because you came out scared & timid.

Come out this week kamikaze style & let the chips fall where they may.

The rally cry for this week from MSU fans should be, "NO REGRETS"

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2015, 11:50 PM

Sincerely,

Cadaver & all MSU fans
We will be as creative as our offensive line allows us to be. Blocking Bama for anything ain't gonna be easy, esp if we are still having to move people around due to injury. PASS THE BALL.

Todd4State
11-07-2015, 11:54 PM
We will be as creative as our offensive line allows us to be. Blocking Bama for anything ain't gonna be easy, esp if we are still having to move people around due to injury. PASS THE BALL.

If we play Jenkins and assuming no injuries and that Jenkins is indeed healthy we should be about like we always are. I'm not sure that I would play Malone again at LT- granted that was a tough assignment against a really good DE. I might look at trying Senior at LT and if I were Dan I would strongly consider pulling Rankin's redshirt off- which I would hate to do at this point. But I would only go that route if Jenkins can't go.

JohnnyQuid
agree 100%
saw it earlier in this thread and it's true, it comes down to how much time we give dak.

dawgs

Doesn't take creativity to pass it and not run up the gut. Quick passes, screens, roll outs, all that will minimize the effects of bama's front 7.

Todd4State
11-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Doesn't take creativity to pass it and not run up the gut. Quick passes, screens, roll outs, all that will minimize the effects of bama's front 7.

Exactly. We just have to be ourselves and play OUR game. I think that's where a lot of teams get tripped up- they think that they have to do something exotic or out of character and they mess themselves up.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Yep, we don't have to change who we are...we just have to have a better offensive gameplan and not waste plays via poor play call or improper personnel. (ie: Shump running it at all, Holloway up the middle, Dak up the gut multiple times on 3rd and 4+...etc)

We MUST maximize every play on every possession. If that means assuming we'll get 100 plays and picking out your best 100 play calls this week in preparation...so be it. But every time we run a power run play with Shump or Holloway vs Bama, we've wasted an opportunity. You can't waste plays against a team like Bama if you truly want to win.

Be creative. Screens, draws, stretching the field, tight ends involved, let Dak sling it. Don't come in there trying to force a ground game that we do not have. Mix runs in at unusual spots and situations if you want to run it some. But we've got to spread the field both wide and vertically...and we have to call plays that can win the game and then trust our players & best ever QB to go and make those plays. That's our only chance.

The OL will have to make some blocks...Dak will have to make some throws...the WR's will have to make some plays...but let's give them that chance by calling those plays necessary to win. If that ends up getting us destroyed Bc Dak throws picks or WR's don't make plays, etc.....then so be it. At least we have a shot that way. We have no shot if we go three and out trying to run on that D and leaving it up to our D to shut down Henry. That's a recipe for blowout. Gotta let it all hang out. We can do it...just gotta make it happen.

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Yep, we don't have to change who we are...we just have to have a better offensive gameplan and not waste plays via poor play call or improper personnel. (ie: Shump running it at all, Holloway up the middle, Dak up the gut multiple times on 3rd and 4+...etc)

We MUST maximize every play on every possession. If that means assuming we'll get 100 plays and picking out your best 100 play calls this week in preparation...so be it. But every time we run a power run play with Shump or Holloway vs Bama, we've wasted an opportunity. You can't waste plays against a team like Bama if you truly want to win.

Be creative. Screens, draws, stretching the field, tight ends involved, let Dak sling it. Don't come in there trying to force a ground game that we do not have. Mix runs in at unusual spots and situations if you want to run it some. But we've got to spread the field both wide and vertically...and we have to call plays that can win the game and then trust our players & best ever QB to go and make those plays. That's our only chance.

The OL will have to make some blocks...Dak will have to make some throws...the WR's will have to make some plays...but let's give them that chance by calling those plays necessary to win. If that ends up getting us destroyed Bc Dak throws picks or WR's don't make plays, etc.....then so be it. At least we have a shot that way. We have no shot if we go three and out trying to run on that D and leaving it up to our D to shut down Henry. That's a recipe for blowout. Gotta let it all hang out. We can do it...just gotta make it happen.

I hope Dear is healthy because he could be useful doing some of the things you are talking about.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-08-2015, 01:55 AM
If we come out running between the tackles like last year I may just turn it off and find something productive to do with my Saturday. Bama's vulnerable in the secondary, and we have to attack it. Lsu has the best RB in CFB and a much better OL than we do and they couldn't run it, so there is no point in thinking we can come out and establish the run. Get the D spread out sideline to sideline and then maybe we can pop a few runs between the tackles.

^^^^^THIS!! If CDM can't see this he's blind.