PDA

View Full Version : Is this an illegal play?

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Ole Miss scored a go ahead TD, late in the game today against Arkansas, & I wanted to see if someone knew if this was a legal play.

Ole Miss' basically throws a slip screen, but the receiver is past the LOS & the blocker is already engaged with the corner before the ball is caught or even thrown.

How is this legal? How is this not a pick play?

http://i.imgur.com/5bNkTg7.jpg

Jack Lambert
11-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Because SEC refs sucks. The white hat calling the Bama game is the best the SEC got and I hope we get him.

bluelightstar
11-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Ole Miss scored a go ahead TD, late in the game today against Arkansas, & I wanted to see if someone knew if this was a legal play.

Ole Miss' basically throws a slip screen, but the receiver is past the LOS & the blocker is already engaged with the corner before the ball is caught or even thrown.

How is this legal? How is this not a pick play?

http://i.imgur.com/5bNkTg7.jpg

Unless there's something I don't know, it's a missed call. Should be OPI.

EdDawg
11-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Yes it was an illegal play, I was yelling at the tv about it.

Bubb Rubb
11-07-2015, 11:22 PM
It is considered a pass at or behind the line of scrimmage. In the referee's judgment, the receiver wasn't past the LOS. It's a missed call, and the Rebs get their share. But that's why a flag wasn't thrown here.

On NAFOOM, they are citing NCAA rules to state that the 4th and 25 play was illegal. They don't know the difference between a lateral and a fumble. The tears are delicious.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 11:23 PM
So.... if there are any Rebs complaining about the officiating tonight, just know that you were "hepped" and still lost.

When the play was run, I said to myself, "Sheesh, that looked awfully easy. Something can't be right."

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 11:24 PM
It is considered a pass at or behind the line of scrimmage. In the referee's judgment, the receiver wasn't past the LOS. It's a missed call, and the Rebs get their share. But that's why a flag wasn't thrown here.

On NAFOOM, they are citing NCAA rules to state that the 4th and 25 play was illegal. They don't know the difference between a lateral and a fumble. The tears are delicious.

The receiver here is obviously past the line of scrimmage. The blue line is the LOS

Bubb Rubb
11-07-2015, 11:27 PM
The receiver here is obviously past the line of scrimmage. The blue line is the LOS

I realize that. The ref doesn't see that blue line. He missed it. That's what I said above.

shoeless joe
11-07-2015, 11:43 PM
It was pass interference and blatant...just like in the first half when sprinkle's jersey got pulled on a would be TD for arky with no call.

And any rebel fan bitching about a fluke play full of lucky bounces can kiss mine AND all the bammers ass!!

SDDawg
11-07-2015, 11:45 PM
It's a pick play that got missed, nothing more.

mic
11-07-2015, 11:51 PM
is anyone shocked an SEC crew missed this??.?

archdog
11-08-2015, 03:40 AM
They had another one that went for a td in the 3rd. They just keep running that play, and it never gets called. Makes it really difficult to play defense on, you know when they are ****ing cheating every God damn week.

If I was Mullen, I would bring that up 20 times Thanksgiving week leading up to the game. Over and over again. Men illegally down field. Men illegally blocking ahead of a forward pass. Etc. Etc. Until the media picks it up.

SDDawg
11-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I am guessing that videos and commentary will be put together and sent to the league office. OM is getting away with too many of these plays.

Pinto
11-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Look at the left guard already up on the linebacker. Two fouls on that play.

DancingRabbit
11-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Rebs got away with another offensive PI on a play when Kelly was scrambling. One receiver is blocking 10 yards downfield when another receiver catches the pass for a 1st down.

Schultzy
11-08-2015, 09:48 AM
It's a pick play that got missed, nothing more.

Actually they ran this play several times and it worked for good yardage every time. I caught it during the game and was surprised the Arkansas coaches didn't.

It's amazing that a staff would design this play to see if they can get away with it more than once, but damn if they didn't get away with it.

Coach007
11-08-2015, 10:19 AM
You guys are missing the OLman down the field blocking too.

Mjoelner34
11-08-2015, 12:51 PM
It happened more than once in the game. I was complaining about it in the game thread. Kelly rolled to his right and right before he stepped out of bounds, he threw one down along the sideline for about 15 or 20 yards for a completion. The ball went right behind an Ole Miss receiver about 10 yards down field who was in the process of blocking a UPig DB off the field of play.

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 01:49 PM

What they are missing is the "can't advance a fumble" rule only applies on a change of possession, which did not occur on that play- hence it was correctly called.