PDA

View Full Version : 6-2 tiebreaker scenario between us, Bama, and LSU

MetEdDawg
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
So here's how this reads from the SEC website:

1) Combined head to head record between the 3. If Bama beats LSU and we beat Bama, we would all be 1-1. Move to #2

2) Record of the tied teams in the division. All would be 4-2 in the division under this scenario. Move to #3.

3) Here's where the verbage gets a little confusing. It would be head to head competition against the team within the division with the best overall conference record (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place). So does that mean we would look at the next team in the division and look at head to head unless there is a tie in that spot in which case we would move on to the record vs. the next non-tied team? Kinda crazy wording, but that kind of thing can't be known until the last weekend. Not sure how to assess this one, but our loss to TAMU could come back to bite us here. If I understand this correctly, TAMU would need to tie with a team we beat in order for this scenario not to knock us out.

4) Overall conference record against non divisional teams. All would be 2-0. Move on to #5.

5) Combined record against all common non divisional teams. No commonalities among us 3. Move to #6.

6) Record against the common non divisional team with the best overall conference record and proceeding through other common non divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division. No commonalities. Move to #7.

7) Here's where the rubber meets the road. Best cumulative conference winning percentage of non divisional opponents. This means we put UK and Mizzou's record against SC and UF for LSU and UT and UGA for Bama. As it stands, Mizzou and UK are a combined 3-8. Not good. For LSU, SC and UF are a combined 7-7. For Bama, UT and UGA are a combined 7-7. So if we get to this point, we would be on the outside looking in as it currently sits. So we badly need UK and Mizzou to finish strong in conference and for LSU and Bama's opponents to finish poorly. That is an absolute must because this would eliminate us.

So there's the breakdown as I see it from the SEC website. Discuss.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 09:55 PM
If Ole Miss finishes fourth & we are in a three way tie with LSU & Bama, we win the West. That's because We would be 1-0 against Ole Miss, & LSU & Bama would be 0-1.

Ole Miss must beat LSU.

MetEdDawg
11-07-2015, 10:01 PM
If Ole Miss finishes fourth & we are in a three way tie with LSU & Bama, we win the West. That's because We would be 1-0 against Ole Miss, & LSU & Bama would be 0-1.

Ole Miss must beat LSU.

Was just about to add this. OM has to beat LSU and finish in sole possession of 4th place for us to go to Atlanta

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Was just about to add this. OM has to beat LSU and finish in sole possession of 4th place for us to go to Atlanta

Now, if you want to take this a step further.

How do things work if A&M loses to Auburn tonight, Alabama beats LSU, LSU beats Ole Miss, but then A&M beats LSU.

That would also put us in a 3 way tie, but I'm not sure who would finish 4th between A&M & Ole Miss

MetEdDawg
11-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Now, if you want to take this a step further.

How do things work if A&M loses to Auburn tonight, Alabama beats LSU, LSU beats Ole Miss, but then A&M beats LSU.

That would also put us in a 3 way tie, but I'm not sure who would finish 4th between A&M & Ole Miss

That would be bad. Would most likely send us to #7 on my original post where we lose the tiebreaker because UK and Mizzou sucked in conference. I guess the other possibility is LSU losing 3. I’m not sure that happens but I guess that’s another scenario that sends us to Atlanta. But OM losing definitely made things a little harder on us.

TUSK
11-07-2015, 10:39 PM
wow, that's a lot to read... can I get Cliff's notes?

BulldogBear
11-07-2015, 10:51 PM
We win any 3 way tie scenario as long as Ole Miss finishes ahead of TAMU, EVEN if LSU's second loss is to Arkansas. I'm telling you, if LSU drops this game and another one it's ours for the taking. Got to man up, step up and take care of our side of things by winning out.

C222
11-07-2015, 10:58 PM
What if:

Bama beats LSU
OM beats LSU
OM wins Egg Bowl?

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 11:00 PM
What if:

Bama beats LSU
OM beats LSU
OM wins Egg Bowl?

If Bama won out, Bama would win it because they would have 1 loss & Ole Miss would have 2. If we beat Bama, then Ole Miss would win the West

C222
11-07-2015, 11:01 PM
If Bama won out, Bama would win it because they would have 1 loss & Ole Miss would have 2. If we beat Bama, then Ole Miss would win the West

Left out us beating Bama. Thanks.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Auburn beats A&M

Alabama beats LSU

Now just need LSU to lose one more, Ole Miss would lock up finishing ahead of A&M with an upset over LSU....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/63810456.jpg

pscf3
11-07-2015, 11:58 PM
We win out. Bama beats Auburn. Either Arkansas or Ole Miss beats LSU, and whichever one does proceeds to finish 4th in the West, and we're in Atlanta. Would help for A&M to lose another (likely LSU) to assure they don't finish 4th.