PDA

View Full Version : De'Ron Davis and Adbul Ado

ZedFedder
11-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Has anyone heard how the visits are going?

Jacksondevildog
11-07-2015, 05:06 PM
General consensus on 247 is that the visits are going well, but no quotes yet. They are still on campus. A poster, who Paul seems to think is very credible, thinks Davis shuts it down this weekend. Would be a huge pull.

Coach34
11-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Davis and Ado to State

Jacksondevildog
11-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Hopefully so. Paul isn't as confident on Ado as he is Kegler. It seems that we are catching Davis at the right time with his recruitment and visit.
Davis and Ado to State

msstate7
11-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Davis and Ado to State

That would be one hell of a class

Coach34
11-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Kegler and Davis are locked up

state66
11-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Noticed that we are loading up on guards and centers with kegler being an exception at PF. Anybody know what our plans are at SF in the future? Do we plan on running 3 guard lineups?

Jacksondevildog
11-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Kegler will play the 3. That's what we are telling him. Weatherspoon can play the 3 as well.

engie
11-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Noticed that we are loading up on guards and centers with kegler being an exception at PF. Anybody know what our plans are at SF in the future? Do we plan on running 3 guard lineups?

Keller is the small forward. Davis is the power forward.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-07-2015, 07:25 PM
General consensus on 247 is that the visits are going well, but no quotes yet. They are still on campus. A poster, who Paul seems to think is very credible, thinks Davis shuts it down this weekend. Would be a huge pull.

This would be incredible if he does!

ZedFedder
11-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Read where Davis said that Indiana was leading, but that MSU really blew him away and was nothing like he anticipated. I think State wins out and Davis is ours. Also, Mario Kegler is deciding Wednesday.

defiantdog
11-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Ado and Herard in the same class? Also, it's going to be a dogfight to get Davis..... Indiana is doing everything to get him.

messageboardsuperhero
11-08-2015, 04:04 PM
It also appears our friend Mr. Ballsack Indiana blogger is still butthurt about us leading for Kegler and being in the hunt for Davis.

https://twitter.com/insidethehall/status/663450626291015680

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 04:06 PM
My only question is will all of these guys sign on November 11? Or will they late a little bit?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Ado is the only guy who's talked about waiting til the spring.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 04:13 PM
If we pull Davis, this guy is going to lose his mind

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Is this a guess or you know?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Is this a guess or you know?

Was this for me?

defiantdog
11-08-2015, 04:15 PM
It also appears our friend Mr. Ballsack Indiana blogger is still butthurt about us leading for Kegler and being in the hunt for Davis.

https://twitter.com/insidethehall/status/663450626291015680

This dude has built a recent hatred for State over one recruit. Well done Howland, well done.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 04:23 PM
it was for Coach saying Davis and Kegler are a lock

smootness
11-08-2015, 04:23 PM
His coach said before the visit this weekend that Indiana was in front. Obviously this visit seems to have changed things, but there may still be work to be done on Davis. We'll see, obviously. Without any inside info, I'd say it's slightly in our favor right now, but if he takes more than a day or two to decide, it may hurt our chances.

smootness
11-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Anyone have a 247 subscription that cares to provide a summary of the article posted with Davis' comments on the visit?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-08-2015, 04:25 PM
I still like our chances.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 04:27 PM
I saw on Twitter where Davis said "IU WAS leading but MSU was better than I thought"?.IU fans are all up in arms over the "was leading" part.

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I saw on Twitter where Davis said "IU WAS leading but MSU was better than I thought"?.IU fans are all up in arms over the "was leading" part.
They can both get a pint of Ben and Jerry's and watch Sex and the City reruns and console each other.

messageboardsuperhero
11-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Anyone have a 247 subscription that cares to provide a summary of the article posted with Davis' comments on the visit?

He thought the school and town would be "in the middle of nowhere," but said he actually liked it and had fun here.

The new performance center was "off the charts." Sort of puts to bed the whole terrible facilities argument.

Liked how we pushed the ball and liked how Howland planned to use him to run the floor and stretch the court with his shooting. Also mentioned that Howland and the coaches were nice and made him feel at home.

Said he will meet with his family/coaches tomorrow (Monday) and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised if he announced this week.

Also said Mario Kegler has been in his ear about playing together, and that he thinks Kegler favors MSU. FWIW, Kegler will announce Wednesday, most likely for MSU.

smootness
11-08-2015, 04:38 PM
He thought the school and town would be "in the middle of nowhere," but said he actually liked it and had fun here.

The new performance center was "off the charts." Sort of puts to bed the whole terrible facilities argument.

Liked how we pushed the ball and liked how Howland planned to use him to run the floor and stretch the court with his shooting. Also mentioned that Howland and the coaches were nice and made him feel at home.

Said he will meet with his family/coaches tomorrow (Monday) and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised if he announced this week.

Also said Mario Kegler has been in his ear about playing together, and that he thinks Kegler favors MSU. FWIW, Kegler will announce Wednesday, most likely for MSU.

Cool, thanks!

Todd4State
11-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Ado is the only guy who's talked about waiting til the spring.

Awesome! I'm trying to plan my celebration but I want to make sure the ink dries before I do anything.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Awesome! I'm trying to plan my celebration but I want to make sure the ink dries before I do anything.

Yea by Thursday everybody who will sign should have IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Update: Paul has a story on Ado who says he's visiting Penn St next weekend & then deciding a couple days after. So all targets will sign in the early period.

engie
11-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Zagsblog has an interview with Davis's coach that basically says the same thing. He says a decision will come in the next 2 weeks max...

smootness
11-08-2015, 07:45 PM
My prediction? The long relationship wins out and Davis picks Indiana.

Just a pure guess, and I obviously hope I end up being wrong.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I still think we sweep all & get 7.

defiantdog
11-08-2015, 07:58 PM
My prediction? The long relationship wins out and Davis picks Indiana.

Just a pure guess, and I obviously hope I end up being wrong.

He could very easily be playing the field, but big time players like to play with other big time players. Our 2015 and 2016 class is better than both of Indiana's. He may very well sign with Indiana because of his long time relationship, but he may sign with us because of all the talent that will surround him. I like our chances.

smootness
11-08-2015, 07:59 PM
He could very easily be playing the field, but big time players like to play with other big time players. Our 2015 and 2016 class is better than both of Indiana's. He may very well sign with Indiana because of his long time relationship, but he may sign with us because of all the talent that will surround him. I like our chances.

I don't disagree, and I like the fact that a lot of people on our side are confident. It's just a feeling I have about him, one based on 0 facts. So again, just a guess.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Does it cause concern for anyone that his parents weren't on the visit with him?

smootness
11-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Does it cause concern for anyone that his parents weren't on the visit with him?

His mom was with him, same as with the Indiana visit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2015, 08:34 PM

Are you talking about Davis? I saw him with a man and a woman. I assumed that was his dad.

Bully13
11-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Kegler and Davis are locked up

you just laid your sack on the chopping block. hope you are right. ballsy call there 34.

archdog
11-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Not anymore ballsy than anything else on this board.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Paul must have heard something that changed his mind on Ado. I noticed he just CB'd him to us.

Big4Dawg
11-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Kegler deciding Wednesday. Davis Thursday.

jumbo
11-10-2015, 11:50 AM
you still feeling good about Davis IYOK (and others)? Robbie is starting to waver, he's now saying we have work to do.

smootness
11-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Davis just hasn't ever felt like a guy who would end up at State, to me. Indiana has been on him for so long and has made him a huge priority, and he will play there immediately as well.

The fact that his visit apparently went extremely well and a lot of people still think he's going to Indiana tells me that the State confidence in him prior to the visit was probably misplaced. Plus, you just about never sweep all of your top targets so it always seemed like we'd miss on one of them, and Davis is the best bet.

Again, I obviously hope I'm wrong, but I just think he's going to Indiana. Which is fine. It would be amazing to get him, but Holman will be our PF next year, and Herard and Ado would still be a fantastic big man haul.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-10-2015, 12:56 PM
nm

smootness
11-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Both national guys on Scout predicted Davis to Indiana yesterday. And no one but Paul and Robbie has switched their CB to State on 247. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but interesting to note.

drummerdawg
11-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Davis just hasn't ever felt like a guy who would end up at State, to me. Indiana has been on him for so long and has made him a huge priority, and he will play there immediately as well.

The fact that his visit apparently went extremely well and a lot of people still think he's going to Indiana tells me that the State confidence in him prior to the visit was probably misplaced. Plus, you just about never sweep all of your top targets so it always seemed like we'd miss on one of them, and Davis is the best bet.

Again, I obviously hope I'm wrong, but I just think he's going to Indiana. Which is fine. It would be amazing to get him, but Holman will be our PF next year, and Herard and Ado would still be a fantastic big man haul.

Doesn't Davis want to play with Kegler? Does that mean we may miss on Kegler or that they just decided to go different ways?

maroonmania
11-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Doesn't Davis want to play with Kegler? Does that mean we may miss on Kegler or that they just decided to go different ways?

I'm pretty sure we get Kegler. Not sure what impact at this point that actually has on Davis. Lots of guys say they want to play together but end up doing their own thing in the end.

smootness
11-10-2015, 02:29 PM

By all accounts, we're getting Kegler. Most of that 'these guys want to play together,' especially when they're not family or really close friends, ends up not meaning anything.

I think we're getting Kegler either way. I just doubt we get Davis.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-10-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm still riding with we get Davis but I can't say that the tank is on full. I was told that he loved Howland & had bought everything he was selling to him & he just had to feel comfortable with the campus & town of Starkville. Everything I've heard is he was extremely impressed with campus & was way nicer than he imagined or had been told by others. I could be totally reading this 1 wrong but I think Howland slips in & gets him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-10-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm still riding with we get Davis but I can't say that the tank is on full. I was told that he loved Howland & had bought everything he was selling to him & he just had to feel comfortable with the campus & town of Starkville. Everything I've heard is he was extremely impressed with campus & was way nicer than he imagined or had been told by others. I could be totally reading this 1 wrong but I think Howland slips in & gets him.

I noticed he had another CB to Indiana today FWIW......

MCsMGs
11-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I talked to Davis at the Hump last Friday and he told me at least twice that he had been talking to Herard and Kegler about playing together. Also said he was impressed by the number of fans that showed up for an exhibition game. Still was saying it was between us and Indiana(as you would expect at that point).

Given that Indiana has a 5* PF and a 4*PF that enrolled this summer, why he would want to go there? I didn't realize Indiana had those two guys coming in at that point or I would have asked him how that would affect his decision. He's got to be aware of that and that might help our cause...

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-10-2015, 03:25 PM
I talked to Davis at the Hump last Friday and he told me at least twice that he had been talking to Herard and Kegler about playing together. Also said he was impressed by the number of fans that showed up for an exhibition game. Still was saying it was between us and Indiana(as you would expect at that point).

Given that Indiana has a 5* PF and a 4*PF that enrolled this summer, why he would want to go there? I didn't realize Indiana had those two guys coming in at that point or I would have asked him how that would affect his decision. He's got to be aware of that and that might help our cause...

good info, thanks for posting.

Dawg61
11-10-2015, 03:35 PM
At this point Davis has to pick us. Makes zero sense for ****face Indiana douche to exist unless it's because we are all going to mail him a flaming bag o shit after Davis chooses MSU. This is how stuff works. The sole purpose of Indiana Douches existence is for all of MSU to make fun of him and Indiana after our God Coach brings us another stud.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Hope like hell we sweep because I have a bad ass edit I am going to roll out if we do.......

Coach34
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Kegler and Davis to State. #ThanksAdidas