PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Gameday next week

Dawgfan77
11-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Should Bama win what are the chances We get Gameday. I know the nation will be here but they could move to another location and come back for the battle for the golden egg

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 09:39 AM
0% chance.

Gameday gets enough flack for already attending too many SEC games & they aren't covering a Bama game two weeks in a row.

Best chance is the Egg Bowl being for the SEC title, but, even under those circumstances, I'm not sure they wouldn't choose Ohio State vs Michigan, due to Harbaugh.

Overall, our annual schedule sucks for getting Gameday.

The media always underrates us in the preseason, so the LSU game is out, due to it being too early in the season.

Auburn is usually our best chance

Alabama always plays LSU the week before us, so that knocks that game out, due to Gameday not covering Bama two weeks in a row.

Then the Egg Bowl is usually for 3rd place in the SEC, and not a nationally relevant game.

Ole Miss has a much better chance going forward because of where Bama is on their schedule & how they are usually preseason ranked

Dawgfan77
11-07-2015, 09:42 AM
0% chance.

Gameday gets enough flack for already attending too many SEC games & they aren't covering a Bama game two weeks in a row.

Best chance is the Egg Bowl being for the SEC title, but, even under those circumstances, I'm not sure they wouldn't choose Ohio State vs Michigan, due to Harbaugh.

You say that but only 2 other games vs two top 25 and that's OU Baylor and UH Memphis.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2015, 09:55 AM
You say that but only 2 other games vs two top 25 and that's OU Baylor and UH Memphis.

Then they'll go to OU Baylor or UH vs Memphis

Dawgface
11-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Can't see it coming here. SEC fatigue factor.

Jack Lambert
11-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Can't see it coming here. SEC fatigue factor.

Where game day is located is not the determination as if I watch it or not and I think they will get the same TV audiance no matter where they go.

BulldogBear
11-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Then they'll go to OU Baylor or UH vs Memphis

I'd say the latter if they're both still undefeated. That way they get a chance to show some pc love to group of five schools and they can hype by going with the narrative that they could be playing a dark horse playoff contender elimination game. The good news is that UMISS losing to Memphis would gets lots of rehashing, discussion, and general publicity. And I have to say, if Ole Miss were to win out, as impressive as that would be, I would think an undefeated AAC champ Memphis would have an extremely compelling case if it came down to the fourth school in being a two loss P5 or Memphis. Probably would be anyway even if it wasnt Ole Miss but if it's down to them and Ole Miss I really couldn't come up with a compelling argument not to put Memphis in front of them. I mean what more can they do but beat the socks of the team they're in competition for the spot with.

ScottH
11-07-2015, 11:50 AM
None

Per Fitting yesterday OUBaylor unless Iowa St wins today. Marshall on anniversay of plane crash sounded like distant second choice.

Didnt even mention us. Surprisingly didnt mention UH Memphis.