PDA

View Full Version : If the first minute of this game is any indication of how the refs are planning on ..

IMissJack
11-06-2015, 08:06 PM
calling basketball fouls this year, it may be unwatchable. It will be nothing but a free throw contest.

Schultzy
11-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Well, that's how they say they're going to call it this year. Howland brought some refs in for an early scrimmage and he said it was touch foul after touch foul.

Players all around the country are gonna have some big adjustments to make, it could be unwatchable overall I'm afraid.

msstate7
11-07-2015, 08:41 AM
We get a great coach and become a force in recruiting only to have college basketball go to crap

Hattdawg
11-07-2015, 08:56 AM
I love college basketball and this is about to ruin it for me. A game will last forever if called this tight as I expect it to be called. I do believe it's two fold for us. It's going to kill our front court position as thin as we are but it will help our slashers like Newman, Q, Sword.. Etc. It actually will slow the game down tremendously which will effect fast teams. Of course it will help teams with deeper benches. So the elites in recruiting and coaching will continue to prosper when those smaller teams with a good starting 5 and maybe 1-2 bench guys will start picking up fouls and losses thru the season. I'm curious to see how the NCAA tourney will turn out with these foul rules.

Schultzy
11-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Should help slashers like Newman and Sword, they could be shooting a lot of free throws this year.

And the games will last three hours though.

IMissJack
11-07-2015, 10:12 AM
This is the NCAA reacting to low scoring the last few years, and blaming it on D rather than the fact that the best players never become upper classmen anymore. This is going to let the elites score at will and no teams like say VA from last year will have a chance.

sleepy dawg
11-07-2015, 11:50 AM
This is the NCAA reacting to low scoring the last few years, and blaming it on D rather than the fact that the best players never become upper classmen anymore. This is going to let the elites score at will and no teams like say VA from last year will have a chance.

That is 100% what this is. If the defender touches the guy with the ball, it's going to be a foul. I stated this a few weeks ago in a different thread. The first couple of weeks of the season are going to have more fouls than we've ever seen until teams start to get the hang of it.

All the refs and coaches have been sent videos teaching them what to expect with plenty of examples.

PassInterference
11-07-2015, 11:55 AM
How about the shooter or dribbler initiating contact? That's the part of BB that I hate.