PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Commits - 11.6.15

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2015, 05:11 PM
This Week in GA Commits - 11.6.15

Christian is coming off his best performance of the season. He had 7 catches for 81 yards and 2 TDs. Since he shifted more into a slot receiver he has excelled. He now has 24 catches for 317 yards and 4 TDs on the season.

Christian Roberson and the McEachern Indians (8-1, 5-0) are wrapping up their season in a key battle against the Hillgrove Hawks (6-3, 4-1). Called the "Battle Down in Powder Town" by locals, the two schools are heated rivals and are only 3 miles apart. These kids all know each other, and the game can get intense. Add to the mix that game will decide the 4-AAAAAA Region Champion and will be on ESPNU, and you get a recipe for some exciting Georgia High School Football.

Hillgrove has produced some quality talent for a school only in existence since 2006 - Synjin Days (QB/RB, GT), Jabari Hunt-Days (DT, GT), Kenyan Drake (Bama, RB), and Evan Engram (TE, UNM). Drake and Engram were team mates on their 2011 Region Championship team.

And Hillgrove has talent this year - QB Hunter Arters, RB Jaylen McCullough, WR Jeremiah Bridges, and leading tackler Cameron Tew to name a few.

Last year: Hillgrove 42, McEachern 37
All-time series: Hillgrove leads 3-2
Prediction: McEachern 28, Hillgrove 13
TV: ESPNU, 8:00 pm (EST)

If you like HS football watch this game. I'll be "Between the Bricks" rooting on my Glynn Academy Red Terrors in their quest to win their first Region Title since 1972 - with cowbell in hand at the request of my daughter. So if you watch on the U and see good things feel free to post here.