PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow

Dawg61
11-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Pretty cool moment before the game with Tebow going over and pep talking Dak. Would he take our OC/RBs coach job if we offered? With two big QBs needing guidance in the Mullen/Tebow/Dak offense and our lack of a running game I would think Tebow could be a tremendous asset for MSU. Even if he's only here for a year or two it would give us great exposure and I do actually think Tebow can be a great coach.
Thoughts? Dan Tebow & Nickjah Fitzley

Irondawg
11-06-2015, 02:42 PM
At some point I see him coaching but he probably still has NFL aspirations and is so big on the speaking circuit I don't think he's ready to do a college college gig and go through that grind. Could be wrong, but I would doubt he was interested

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Pretty cool moment before the game with Tebow going over and pep talking Dak. Would he take our OC/RBs coach job if we offered? With two big QBs needing guidance in the Mullen/Tebow/Dak offense and our lack of a running game I would think Tebow could be a tremendous asset for MSU. Even if he's only here for a year or two it would give us great exposure and I do actually think Tebow can be a great coach.
Thoughts? Dan Tebow & Nickjah Fitzley

I'd much rather hire coaches that have worked their way up through the industry & merit the job offer due to track record.

Sometimes good players make good coaches (Townsend, Joe Torre, etc...) & sometimes they don't (Mike Singletary & Matt Williams), but I'd much rather hire the ones that have a track record of coaching

thf24
11-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't mean this as a slight against Tebow, but I think Brian Johnson probably gives us everything Tebow would already. Also, Tebow would really have to want to get into coaching because he probably makes more doing TV than he would at any entry-level coaching position.

Dawg61
11-06-2015, 02:49 PM
I'd much rather hire coaches that have worked their way up through the industry & merit the job offer due to track record.

Sometimes good players make good coaches (Townsend, Joe Torre, etc...) & sometimes they don't (Mike Singletary & Matt Williams), but I'd much rather hire the ones that have a track record of coaching

He has a track record in Dan's offense. He knows it better than just about any other person alive. Does that count for "experience"?

BB30
11-06-2015, 03:00 PM

This.. spot on.

Statecoachingblows**
11-06-2015, 04:06 PM
If we ever went that route I would much rather see him in some type of recruiting role more so than an Xs & Os coaching position.

mcain31
11-06-2015, 04:28 PM
He has a track record in Dan's offense. He knows it better than just about any other person alive. Does that count for "experience"?

Do to realize that Brian Johnson also played and coached in this same offense at Utah?

Dawg61
11-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Do to realize that Brian Johnson also played and coached in this same offense at Utah?

Yes I'm not saying replace him

thedawg
11-06-2015, 04:50 PM
College assistants work absolutely brutal hours and make a lot less money than Tebow does doing TV and speaking

Dawgfan77
11-06-2015, 04:55 PM
He would give Frezzus a run for his money. Religion and all.

Not good idea just cause he played doesn't mean it would translate to great coaching.

TimberBeast
11-06-2015, 05:36 PM

He has to start somewhere, obviously you don't make him an OC right off the bat but I couldn't think of a better person to give a shot at a QB coaching type position than Tebow, especially with Mullen here and in Mullen's crazy system.