PDA

View Full Version : Y'all will love this

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2015, 08:38 AM
I meandered over to a Mizzou board this morning to see the level of meltdown. Besides the usual fire the entire coaching staff and our offense sucks threads there were several griping about...wait for it...the refs missing "blatant" holding calls on us. I can only surmise they see no issue with grabbing jerseys and pulling players to the ground.

thf24
11-06-2015, 08:55 AM
I didn't see any egregious no-calls in our favor through my maroon glasses, but if there were then it went both ways. Think they may have been cutting us both some slack due to the field conditions. There were two no-calls against us that 100% should have been called though.

archdog
11-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Their entire touch down drive had holds at the point of attack each play. On their td #57 on our team was being held until the rb was practically 15 yards down field. One guy almost pulled Cjones pants down the play before that. So yeah, holds happened. I mean at that point the refs were probably pulling for them to get a score since they went like 220 minutes of game play without one. They are inly human.

KB21
11-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Their entire touch down drive had holds at the point of attack each play. On their td #57 on our team was being held until the rb was practically 15 yards down field. One guy almost pulled Cjones pants down the play before that. So yeah, holds happened. I mean at that point the refs were probably pulling for them to get a score since they went like 220 minutes of game play without one. They are inly human.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw Chris Jones's getting his pants pulled off on a hole that wasn't called.

Barking 13
11-06-2015, 09:41 AM
I was going nuts waiting on a holding flag on MO, but I assumed the refs were just gonna let them play. On Dak's fumble, there was a blatant facemask, but we get called for a chop block .. WTH

thf24
11-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Forgot about the pantsing on CJ. Even though it didn't matter, on the play we got our first sack on, Richie got the shit held out of him by their C, right in front of the back judge. I couldn't believe that one wasn't called. There was another one where Cleveland came on the blitz and their RB extended his arms all the way out before wrapping him up and tackling him. I can see how that one slipped by thought since it was away from the play and Cleveland probably wouldn't have gotten there anyway.

Thompson92
11-06-2015, 09:51 AM
I seem to remember a few chokeholds used on Chris Jones too. He still had a good game though, which was nice to see

RougeDawg
11-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I seem to remember a few chokeholds used on Chris Jones too. He still had a good game though, which was nice to see

Bu bu bu bu Chris Jones hasn't produced this year.**

Tons of missed calls. We had defensive players getting pulled down (held) left and right.

Dental Dawg33
11-06-2015, 10:15 AM
I meandered over to a Mizzou board this morning to see the level of meltdown. Besides the usual fire the entire coaching staff and our offense sucks threads there were several griping about...wait for it...the refs missing "blatant" holding calls on us. I can only surmise they see no issue with grabbing jerseys and pulling players to the ground.

Yea it was getting ridiculous last night. Literally holding us every play at one point right in front of the ref blatantly. Guess a positive to take from it is that our front 7 were wreaking so much havoc that they could do nothing but hold us to try and keep us off of Lock. I bet Lock had nightmares about C. Jones last night. I particularly liked the one hurry Jones had on Lock and after he got done destroying Lock, he crawled over him like a giant grizzly bear, face mask to face mask. Imagine that was a little intimidating to a kid that was in high school a few months ago.

MetEdDawg
11-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I was going nuts waiting on a holding flag on MO, but I assumed the refs were just gonna let them play. On Dak's fumble, there was a blatant facemask, but we get called for a chop block .. WTH

This one was terrible. Shump did chop block, but Dak very clearly got his facemask pulled on that one. Should have been offsetting penalties but every ref missed it.

However, I will say one of the many things I respect about Dak is that he didn't get up and start complaining to a ref. Went back to our side of the ball and got ready to figure out what to do for the next play. I hate guys that bitch and moan to refs. Dak has never done that and I appreciate having a leader that has that kind of attitude. Screw what the refs do or don't catch. Worry about yourself and executing at a high level.

klong-dog
11-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I saw Richie being held in the back field at least once, if not twice. But yeah they were getting away with murder on that td drive.

TrapGame
11-06-2015, 10:35 AM

Even Jesse Palmer was surprised the refs didn't get the face mask call. It was blatant.

BulldogBear
11-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I was sitting in front of several middle aged Tigers plus one crazy Tigress. They were friendly and also very entertaining. Listening to them honestly felt like listening to us gripe when times were worse.

"No imaginition. Gimme a reverse or something, even if it gets sh*t on it. But oh well, we do what we do."

When they got one of the turnovers they told me no to worry they wouldn't do anything with it.

The lady kept taking about wanting to just leave so she could go home and bake cookies and dry her pants.

And there was a ton of other material I just can't recall. I was in stitches most of the game.

Whatever we complain now about is due to change of persepective. I am thankful we have a Dak, and especially thay we have our own loudmouthed yankee!

mic
11-06-2015, 10:55 AM
When the rains came in the 2nd quarter , the refs goal were to get to halftime ASAP...
Holding could have been called on them basically every play of that long TD drive they had...

I actually thought it was officiated rather well. One of the better ones we've had all year...

Bubb Rubb
11-06-2015, 11:18 AM
If they have to gripe about something, it can be Bear pushing off on the TD catch. But that would've been a nickel-dimer if they threw a flag. It looked worse than it was.

TXDawg
11-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I felt the biggest no call in our favor was the one where Dak got nailed from the blind side and "threw" and incomplete pass. First of all, I don't think his arm was moving forward with this ball, so it should've been a fumble. Secondly, even IF you called it a pass, it went backwards, so it was a lateral and the ball should've been spotted where it went out of bounds.

BulldogBear
11-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah, that forward-backward pass had me scratching my head.

Mjoelner34
11-06-2015, 03:57 PM
I felt the biggest no call in our favor was the one where Dak got nailed from the blind side and "threw" and incomplete pass. First of all, I don't think his arm was moving forward with this ball, so it should've been a fumble. Secondly, even IF you called it a pass, it went backwards, so it was a lateral and the ball should've been spotted where it went out of bounds.

I think there was a lot bigger one than that. I'll have to watch the replay but I swear Fred Brown was moving toward the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped on his TD. I thought sure that the flag was coming out but it didn't. On the replay of the TD during the game, they didn't show it from the same perspective as the live shot so you couldn't tell.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-06-2015, 04:02 PM
I think there was a lot bigger one than that. I'll have to watch the replay but I swear Fred Brown was moving toward the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped on his TD. I thought sure that the flag was coming out but it didn't. On the replay of the TD during the game, they didn't show it from the same perspective as the live shot so you couldn't tell.

Fred was definitely moving towards the line before the ball was snapped.

TXDawg
11-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Fred did that a couple of times throughout the game.

MSUDawg99
11-06-2015, 05:20 PM

Yeah I was furious about the no facemask call!