blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 02:36 AM
#16 FSU at #1 Clemson
UPig at #18 UNM
#8 TCU at #14 Ok State
Navy at #13 Memphis
AU at #19 aTm
#12 Utah at Washington

Need some help, but it's possible. Now imagine if Bama beats LSU, we could be looking at a #14 or 15 MSU vs #2 Bama in StarkVegas.

Win that, and we will find ourselves in Top 10. Would not be surprised if that same day, Ohio State loses to Il, Baylor loses to Ok and Iowa loses to Minn.

We are not out of the playoff picture yet! If Bama does beat LSU and LSU loses 1 other, we could find ourselves well inside the Top 10, playing UNM for the SECW.

Pull for:
Bama over LSU
UPig over UNM
AU over aTm

then:
UNM over LSU

then:
either aTm over LSU, Bama over AU or both.

dawgs
11-06-2015, 02:53 AM
Did you just say you wouldn't be surprised if Ohio st lost to Illinois?

blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Did you just say you wouldn't be surprised if Ohio st lost to Illinois?

A stretch, I admit, but it seems to me Illinois can be really crappy or fairly good, and Ohio State has struggled a couple of times with inferior teams.

I know OSU should win. I'm just saying an upset wouldn't shock me. I think they are overrated.

Dental Dawg33
11-06-2015, 11:40 AM
The UPig/UNM game is the one I can't get on board with. Something is just whispering to me that the piggies are going to upset the bears. May be wishful thinking, but I just can't see it as a write off for TSUN. But yes, I can see us easily slipping in to the top 15 come Sunday.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 11:46 AM
The UPig/UNM game is the one I can't get on board with. Something is just whispering to me that the piggies are going to upset the bears. May be wishful thinking, but I just can't see it as a write off for TSUN. But yes, I can see us easily slipping in to the top 15 come Sunday.

Confused. It appears you are getting on board. I'm suggesting a UPig upset is very possible.

Coach34
11-06-2015, 12:12 PM
At 20 right now:

I can see a move to 16 or 15
Beating Bama would certainly get us in Top 10- from there we would have to keep winning and get some help from other conferences

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2015, 12:42 PM
#16 FSU at #1 Clemson
UPig at #18 UNM
#8 TCU at #14 Ok State
Navy at #13 Memphis
AU at #19 aTm
#12 Utah at Washington

Need some help, but it's possible. Now imagine if Bama beats LSU, we could be looking at a #14 or 15 MSU vs #2 Bama in StarkVegas.

Win that, and we will find ourselves in Top 10. Would not be surprised if that same day, Ohio State loses to Il, Baylor loses to Ok and Iowa loses to Minn.

We are not out of the playoff picture yet! If Bama does beat LSU and LSU loses 1 other, we could find ourselves well inside the Top 10, playing UNM for the SECW.

Pull for:
Bama over LSU
UPig over UNM
AU over aTm

then:
UNM over LSU

then:

http://cdn.niketalk.com/0/07/350x700px-LL-07fd687b_9z66i.gif

mstatefan91
11-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Need a lot to bounce our way but the SECWest is not out of reach

dawgs
11-06-2015, 01:59 PM
A stretch, I admit, but it seems to me Illinois can be really crappy or fairly good, and Ohio State has struggled a couple of times with inferior teams.

I know OSU should win. I'm just saying an upset wouldn't shock me. I think they are overrated.

Illinois isn't as good as the teams Ohio st struggled with. They have Ws over 3 mid majors and a 14-13 W over a Nebraska team heading for a losing record. They got stomped by unc and penn st, and beat by 9 and 11 points by Iowa and Wisconsin respectively. I'd be surprised if the game is within 20 points.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Illinois isn't as good as the teams Ohio st struggled with. They have Ws over 3 mid majors and a 14-13 W over a Nebraska team heading for a losing record. They got stomped by unc and penn st, and beat by 9 and 11 points by Iowa and Wisconsin respectively. I'd be surprised if the game is within 20 points.

While this is true, that same Nebraska team is a total 13 points on the wrong side of a possible 8-1 record. No team in the country has lost anywhere near as many close, heart-breaking games.

thf24
11-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I don't think a two-loss team will ever make the playoff as long as it's four teams, unless there are fewer than four P5 teams with fewer than two losses.

ScoobaDawg
11-06-2015, 06:30 PM
#16 FSU at #1 Clemson
UPig at #18 UNM
#8 TCU at #14 Ok State
Navy at #13 Memphis
AU at #19 aTm
#12 Utah at Washington

Pull for:
Bama over LSU
UPig over UNM
AU over aTm

then:
UNM over LSU

then:

Stopped there.. TOo much Koolaid.
Yes we are...

Jack Lambert
11-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I don't think a two-loss team will ever make the playoff as long as it's four teams, unless there are fewer than four P5 teams with fewer than two losses.

I will never say it will not happen. Those 11 people really look at the big picture and who people have played. If I was incorrect in that than Bama and ND would not be ranked higher than MSU and TCU. They take that schedule seriously and if a two lost team has played a tougher schedule than a one lost team I think they will get in.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Stopped there.. TOo much Koolaid.
Yes we are...

You are entitled to your opinion, but will you explain what you think happens if:

A) At least 3 of the teams mentioned ahead of us loses tomorrow
B) Bama wins, as expected vs #2 LSU
C) We beat #2 or 3 Bama the following Saturday
D) Baylor loses to OK & Iowa loses to Minn that following Saturday
E) We beat UPig, UNM beats LSU
F) We beat UNM for the SECW
g) We beat UF in the SECCG

You may think it's far-fetched, but you said we are already out, period. Where would you have us if all the above happens? And don't tell me all the above aren't a real possibility.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 06:46 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but will you explain what you think happens if:

You may think it's far-fetched, but you said we are already out, period. Where would you have us if all the above happens? And don't tell me all the above aren't a real possibility.

FWIW, I think:
A) We move to between #14 to #17
B) Bama moves to #2
C & D) We move to between 5 and 10
E) We may move up, depending on others ahead, for sure pass LSU is we haven't already
F) Great chance at being no worse than #5 or 6
G) We are in CFP Top 4.

We will have finished with wins over 2 Top 10 teams, and another highly-ranked UNM.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2015, 06:56 PM

I wouldn't say ever. In 2007 #2 LSU had 2 losses while 11-1 Kansas finished 8th in the BCS standings. I highly doubt a committee would have selected them for a 4-team playoff

TaleofTwoDogs
11-06-2015, 10:17 PM
And to think that one damn missed field goal is the difference between a real possibility of a playoff selection and a fan fantasy "what if" scenario.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2015, 10:42 PM
And to think that one damn missed field goal is the difference between a real possibility of a playoff selection and a fan fantasy "what if" scenario.

The committee knows about our missed FG. Though the odds may be long, they are not in the "fan fantasy what if" stage. The single longest odd is us beating Bama in StarkVegas. Even ESPN gives us a 40% chance in that one.

Nut up and get behind the team We CAN win out.

Maroons
11-06-2015, 10:58 PM

You should look up the odds for a 7 game parlay, then multiply by 100. And put down the glass.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-07-2015, 02:20 AM
The committee knows about our missed FG. Though the odds may be long, they are not in the "fan fantasy what if" stage. The single longest odd is us beating Bama in StarkVegas. Even ESPN gives us a 40% chance in that one.

Nut up and get behind the team We CAN win out.

The fans can grow the biggest pair in the world and it won't affect the play on the field. The chances that the final four will have a 2 loss team are infinitely small. You need to put down the Jack and come back to reality.

mic
11-07-2015, 07:32 AM
A 10-2 MSU with a undefeated LSU 13-0 or 12-1 ( as long as they make the playoff) would probably result in a Sugar Bowl trip for us....
Too much would have to happen for a west title...
A sugar bowl trip would be epic.....

blacklistedbully
11-08-2015, 07:54 AM
#16 FSU at #1 Clemson
UPig at #18 UNM
#8 TCU at #14 Ok State
Navy at #13 Memphis
AU at #19 aTm
#12 Utah at Washington

Pull for:
Bama over LSU
UPig over UNM
AU over aTm

then:
UNM over LSU

then:

#16 FSU lost
#18 UNM lost
#8 TCU lost
#13 Memphis lost
#19 aTm lost

Bama beat LSU

Additionally, #7 lost

Hard to imagine a better day for MSU. #16 appears to be the floor for us in the next poll. If we find a way to beat Bama, I say we're at least #11 regardless of what happens ahead of us, more than likely Top 10. After that, if we beat UPig, that same week Ohio State plays Michigan State, Baylor plays Ok State, TCU plays OK, UCLA plays Utah, UNM plays LSU & Stanford plays Cal. All those games have plenty of potential to give us a shot at the Top 5-8 should we win, with games left vs UNM and UF n the SECCG. And there would still be more knock-out games left for teams ahead of us.

It's still a long-shot, but WE ARE NOT OUT OF IT! If we can beat Bama Saturday, there is no reason we should not feel pretty good about running the table.

Hail State, baby! GTHOM! GTHUNM!

Rick Danko
11-08-2015, 08:34 AM
How, how, how did we screw up and lose to TA&M. Damn that is looking worse and worse

Jack Lambert
11-08-2015, 08:51 AM
How, how, how did we screw up and lose to TA&M. Damn that is looking worse and worse

It's all about when you play a team.

Rick Danko
11-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Double post

Rick Danko
11-08-2015, 08:55 AM

Agreed. Go figure we get them in their big stadium SEC grand opening the week before their team implodes internally