PDA

View Full Version : Diaz

CJDAWG85
11-06-2015, 01:51 AM
He has to be one of the best DC's in the country at 2nd Half adjustments. Our D is is only giving up 5.7 ppg in the 2nd Half. We are only allowing 17.2 ppg overall.

Statecoachingblows**
11-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Add to that ZERO touchdowns in the 4th quarter all season if I heard correctly

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2015, 08:21 AM
We have to be the most bipolar fanbase in all of college football when it comes to Diaz. In the first half we all want to fire him and burn him at the stake. In the second half we are all but offering our wives and girlfriends to him for the night.

msstate7
11-06-2015, 08:24 AM
We have to be the most bipolar fanbase in all of college football when it comes to Diaz. In the first half we all want to fire him and burn him at the stake. In the second half we are all but offering our wives and girlfriends to him for the night.

That's every game

NCDawg
11-06-2015, 08:34 AM
I don't know of another DC in the country I'd rather have.

PassInterference
11-06-2015, 08:55 AM
I was cussing Diaz when we were giving up 11 yard curl routes on the left sideline every single time the offense wanted to throw it.

Dental Dawg33
11-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Can't be perfect. I'm a big fan of Diaz. First half can be frustrating, but can't argue with the second half performance and no TDs allowed in the 4th quarter this year is solid. I'm pumped for next weekend

Coach 57
11-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Why (Pass Interference) Mizzou was picking on essentially a true freshman at CB in Graham? The kid plays WR and we have him at CB because he's and explosive athlete.

Diaz did and has done his job very well ALL YEAR LONG! If you look at the two games we've lost it's due to poor production from our offense sustaining drives and putting up points. If you mention the aTm game go back and look what they were able to do after "Mad Manny" made his adjustments. Bottom line, in order for us to win these last 3 our O is going to have to step up and sustain drives. Our D will get the stops, the question is what will the O do once they've been given the ball.

FISHDAWG
Add to that ZERO touchdowns in the 4th quarter all season if I heard correctly

yep ... I think they said we were #1 in FBS in that category ... we knew what we were getting with Diaz, he has always been good at adjusting

preachermatt83
Diaz ability to adjust is going to be one of the biggest reasons we beat OM this year... Bc OM doesn't adjust.

TrapGame
11-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Diaz ability to adjust is going to be one of the biggest reasons we beat OM this year... Bc OM doesn't adjust.

You are correct sir.

MetEdDawg
11-06-2015, 09:29 AM
When you don't give up 4th quarter TDs, you are going to win a lot of games. By luck we should have given up a TD by now and that just goes to show how good we are on that side that we haven't. I don't care if we give up 1,000 yards a game. If teams aren't scoring TDs, we are going to keep winning.

If Diaz hangs around our defense will finish in the top 5 in the conference every year. You think about the reps Bryant, McLaurin, and Peters are getting and the impact they are already making. Makes me feel a lot better about next year. Green and Gray are pretty experienced and already making an impact and Leo will be coming along soon enough. Adams, Mullins, and all those young DTs, plus the CBs we have like Smitherman and Stamps who I think will both end up being really good. We've got a chance to continue being really solid.

If we can figure out the CB situation next year, we've got a chance to be the best defense in the SEC. Jefferson, Adams, Calvin, hopefully Chris Jones comes back, Gray, Brown, Brown, Green, Bryant, Peters, McLaurin. That's a pretty damn good start. I see 7-9 NFL guys on that starting defense next year.

KB21
11-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Concerning our corner situation, I have a lot of confidence in our ability to develop corners. Since putting Banks and Slay into the league, we have developed two more NFL corners in Redmond and Calhoun. I have little doubt that we will be able to get a couple of guys ready, and I'm sure we have a couple of NFL types that will be coming up through the ranks.

sleepy dawg
11-06-2015, 12:23 PM

I've never been in that group.

mic
11-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Diaz and Gonzo are our best 2 coaches...

thedawg
11-06-2015, 12:34 PM
I was not a huge fan of Diaz and didn't really want to bring him back.. I was wrong

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2015, 12:47 PM
I haven't seen him make the air guitar or air banjo signal this year though...I want to see it! I remember seeing it against Florida in 2010, and the way he does it always cracks me up

mparkerfd20
11-06-2015, 12:57 PM
I've never been in that group.

And I will never, ever, ever be in the group that is "offering our wives and girlfriends to him for the night." My wife and my girlfriend are just mine, damnit!