PDA

View Full Version : Nobody should ever be allowed to wear 15 again for us.

messageboardsuperhero
11-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Just throwing that out there. Retire it at the end of the year.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Agreed. Some people will say "too soon", but its not, especially considering what he's done for us. North Carolina retired Psycho T's #50 after his junior season. He then played his senior year while his jersey hung in the rafters.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Agree

Reason2succeed
11-06-2015, 12:49 AM
I'm good with that. He needs a statue too!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Time to crown him!

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Who gets a statue first? Dak or Dan?

Avelso
11-06-2015, 12:54 AM
I concur. What this guy has done for us is unreal. Stop and think for a moment if he would have flipped to Lsu. He and fournette in the same backfield??? Unreal.

Jarius
11-06-2015, 12:55 AM
If he would have went to LSU he would not have been very good.....just like all of the other qbs that Les Miles ruins.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2015, 12:55 AM
I concur. What this guy has done for us is unreal. Stop and think for a moment if he would have flipped to Lsu. He and fournette in the same backfield??? Unreal.

Maybe, but he would've had LSU coaches developing him as well. I think we also need to acknowledge that Mullen is really really good at developing QBs

moss818
11-06-2015, 01:03 AM
^^^Absolutely this, Mullen can develop a QB, and Dak has done his own part to be where he is. So dang proud to have this guy wearing the maroon n white! Best fullback and clueless coaching combo we've ever had!

Todd4State
11-06-2015, 01:10 AM
I agree and I hope we do it for the Egg Bowl

MagicDawg
11-06-2015, 01:15 AM
First statue is neither Dan nor Dak, but Jack. If the program continues to improve and we win the SEC under Dan and he made State his entire career, I could possibly see a statue when he retired. We should have a hall of champions or something with busts of great Bulldog players and coaches, but I think a full statue out on campus is too much except for a true lifetime of work at State.

I am not a fan or retiring jerseys. Someone else wearing the number doesn't diminish a player's achievements in the slightest.

I'm also that guy who doesn't give standing ovations to everything so here are some grains of salt to take with my opinion...............

messageboardsuperhero
11-06-2015, 01:15 AM
To reiterate... Dak just tore apart one of the best defenses in the SEC on the road, in the rain, with a shitty OL performance leaving him running for his life all night, and next to no help from any running backs. 300+ yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. For the season- 25 total TDs and 1 INT through nine games.

It kind of makes that bull shit Jeremy Johnson talk from a few months ago even more laughable than it was then.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2015, 01:18 AM
First statue is neither Dan nor Dak, but Jack. If the program continues to improve and we win the SEC under Dan and he made State his entire career, I could possibly see a statue when he retired. We should have a hall of champions or something with busts of great Bulldog players and coaches, but I think a full statue out on campus is too much except for a true lifetime of work at State.

I am not a fan or retiring jerseys. Someone else wearing the number doesn't diminish a player's achievements in the slightest.

I'm also that guy who doesn't give standing ovations to everything so here are some grains of salt to take with my opinion...............

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-12/17/8/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-17258-1418823485-20.gif

Homedawg
11-06-2015, 01:23 AM
Agreed. Some people will say "too soon", but its not, especially considering what he's done for us. North Carolina retired Psycho T's #50 after his junior season. He then played his senior year while his jersey hung in the rafters.

That's different. North Carolina has rules of how a uniform is retired. If a player wins player of the year it's retired. Hansbrough did that his jr year....although I wouldnt have a problem w dak having his number retired.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2015, 01:26 AM
That's different. North Carolina has rules of how a uniform is retired. If a player wins player of the year it's retired. Hansbrough did that his jr year....although I wouldnt have a problem w dak having his number retired.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I always thought that was interesting; guess now I know why.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2015, 01:31 AM

I agree with Jack but I also lean towards advertising Dak as well. Our program has never had a face or brand, but Dak provides that.

If we don't get Dak a statue, I would recommend renaming BS Hood St or Creelman St, "Prescott Pass"

gravedigger
11-06-2015, 01:44 AM
Maybe im scrooge, but time needs to pass or the gesture is cheap.

Im mosly proud that he exemplifies what the word "peoples" in the slogan "the peoples university" stands for.

He didnt arrive as a premadonna. He wasnt forced into the roll. And he'll walk out a graduate.

RougeDawg
11-06-2015, 01:48 AM

Before Dan's?

RougeDawg
11-06-2015, 01:51 AM

He would have been lucky to have been holding a clipboard. Let's not forget that Les has a monopoly on making 3
Star QB's out of 5 star prospects. Dak would most likely be consisting career day interviews had he gone to BR.

archdog
11-06-2015, 02:05 AM
To reiterate... Dak just tore apart one of the best defenses in the SEC on the road, in the rain, with a shitty OL performance leaving him running for his life all night, and next to no help from any running backs. 300+ yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. For the season- 25 total TDs and 1 INT through nine games.

It kind of makes that bull shit Jeremy Johnson talk from a few months ago even more laughable than it was then.

Yeah and he did that while not really playing against weaker competition. His best games have been Kentucky and Missouri. Put it this way, he didn't earn superstar stats against the New Mexico States of the world.

Dawgbite
11-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Based on our past, Dak is the greatest player to ever don the Maroon and white and I don't have a problem retiring his jersey. My hopes are that he is just the first of many great players in our future under Mullen. Love him or hate him and his play calling, but Mullen develops players.

Dawgface
11-06-2015, 07:15 AM
I don't have a problem with retiring the number. Another thought is to just hold the number back for another special QB. Let it be an honor to wear it for us.

Spiderman
11-06-2015, 08:50 AM

I'd unveil his number in Ring of Honor during senior ceremony before the Egg Bowl.

But statues are for championships and Heisman's

SheltonChoked
11-06-2015, 09:06 AM
I hate retiring numbers. That's what the ring of honor is for. Put him up there. Don't retire the number.